Site Sponsors
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun with the Fuji X-Pro 2 and X-T 2

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fun with the Fuji X-Pro 2 and X-T 2

Following on from the last post above, and by sheer co incidence (I had the image I'm posting here ready before I saw the one above):

Citrus by Mark, on Flickr
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Illuminated by the full moon. XF 14mm.

Will

http://www.hakusancreation.com
    Likes 7 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

X-T2 w/32mm Zeiss f1.8

FXT25051-IX-4r by tac650, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like

X-T2 w/32mm Zeiss f1.8

FXT25010-IXPSm1r by tac650, on Flickr

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I went out this evening to enjoy the night. It kind of puts thing into perspective.

X Pro2, XF 14mm, Vixen Polarie (star tracker).
    Will

Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Will

Post Thanks / Like

X-T2

DSCF4139-IXmbp1-2c1m1r by tac650, on Flickr
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

X-Pro2 + XF 90mm f2:

No luck so far by Mark, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like

Love the 56mm 1.2...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

X-T2 w/32mm f1.8 Zeiss

FXT25134-IXr by tac650, on Flickr

FXT225114Pr by tac650, on Flickr

FXT225109Pr by tac650, on Flickr
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a one light portrait with the XT2 & 56mm 1.2...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by jdphoto; 27th November 2017 at 08:29.

Post Thanks / Like

X-T2 w/32mm f1.8 Zeiss

FXT25057-IXPS1r by tac650, on Flickr
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

X Pro-2 XF23 f1.4

Post Thanks / Like

X Pro-2 23mm f 1.4

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Is anyone using or know of any recommendations for the XPro 2? It’s a camera I want to love in theory (especially in graphite) but the controls are too closely spaced and the camera is just a bit too small for my hands without a grip of some sort. Tried one out again today (along with the XT2) with a fresh set of more realistic expectations... also checked out the GFX again with the newest firmware.

Probably was a mistake as it got my mind turning again.
    Sony Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iiiNelson View Post
    Is anyone using or know of any recommendations for the XPro 2? It’s a camera I want to love in theory (especially in graphite) but the controls are too closely spaced and the camera is just a bit too small for my hands without a grip of some sort. Tried one out again today (along with the XT2) with a fresh set of more realistic expectations... also checked out the GFX again with the newest firmware.

Probably was a mistake as it got my mind turning again.
    The X Pro-2 does a lot better with the grip which can be found used for $50-100. That said, controls stay where they are.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I don't mind mine without a grip. It is different from cameras will very prominent grips, but with use, I adjusted and find it comfortable. I also have big hands--I find a Pentax 645D very comfortable. Not really sure what to add.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shashin View Post
    I don't mind mine without a grip. It is different from cameras will very prominent grips, but with use, I adjusted and find it comfortable. I also have big hands--I find a Pentax 645D very comfortable. Not really sure what to add.
    Yeah I could see that and I imagine the rumored GFX-50R might be what I’m wanting from Fuji. It’s not really a knock on Fuji though. I never used my M’s without a halfcase with built in grip. I supposed that could be the answer to my dilemma as well now that I think about it.
    Last edited by iiiNelson; 9th December 2017 at 08:17.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DwF View Post
    The X Pro-2 does a lot better with the grip which can be found used for $50-100. That said, controls stay where they are.
    The rumored X-H1 will take all this one more step farther and may wind up being the direction I go if I enter the X system. It really seems to be the “perfect” balance... based in the rumors.

Post Thanks / Like

The rumored X-H1 will take all this one more step farther and may wind up being the direction I go if I enter the X system. It really seems to be the “perfect” balance... based in the rumors.
    The perfect balance you will rather find in the X-H2 or X-H3 in 4 or 7 years from now

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
    The perfect balance you will rather find in the X-H2 or X-H3 in 4 or 7 years from now
    Maybe but there’s a lot of assumption in that. I mean perfect for a probable tangible camera in the next 2-6 months.

In reality the GFX is a lot speedier now (with the latest firmware) than it was when I tested it in March and ergonomically it fits my hand like a glove. I could get by with the 32-64 and 110 for most thing and it will be nearly identical to most of my most used ranges on Sony FE (25-85). My only hesitation is that I really don’t want to venture down the first generation digital product again really as I did that with both the Leica M9 (first FF rangefinder) and the A7 (first FF mirrorless).

Overall I’m extremely pleased with the Sony FE system but with deadlines and a hectic schedule between my 9-5, growing my personal business in the coming year, returning to school recently, and the prerequisite family time - I would like a camera that place me from in front of a computer more. Fuji arguably has the best JPEG’s in the business and I can archive the RAW’s for myself and cull/deliver JPEG’s for editorial deadlines. For a more compact camera the X series IQ is “good enough” but I’m sure there are days I will long for the resolution should I drop my Sony system (which is where the potential GFX comes into the picture). I really could get by with an XT2 but I assume the XH1 will be more ergonomically pleasing for those with larger hands and if I do pick up a GFX-S/R type then functionally it’ll be closer to it.

Well thats my thought process was but I should see how much of my gear I can sell before making any grand plans.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe but there’s a lot of assumption in that. I mean perfect for a probable tangible camera in the next 2-6 months.

In reality the GFX is a lot speedier now (with the latest firmware) than it was when I tested it in March and ergonomically it fits my hand like a glove. I could get by with the 32-64 and 110 for most thing and it will be nearly identical to most of my most used ranges on Sony FE (25-85). My only hesitation is that I really don’t want to venture down the first generation digital product again really as I did that with both the Leica M9 (first FF rangefinder) and the A7 (first FF mirrorless).

Overall I’m extremely pleased with the Sony FE system but with deadlines and a hectic schedule between my 9-5, growing my personal business in the coming year, returning to school recently, and the prerequisite family time - I would like a camera that place me from in front of a computer more. Fuji arguably has the best JPEG’s in the business and I can archive the RAW’s for myself and cull/deliver JPEG’s for editorial deadlines. For a more compact camera the X series IQ is “good enough” but I’m sure there are days I will long for the resolution should I drop my Sony system (which is where the potential GFX comes into the picture). I really could get by with an XT2 but I assume the XH1 will be more ergonomically pleasing for those with larger hands and if I do pick up a GFX-S/R type then functionally it’ll be closer to it.

Well thats my thought process was but I should see how much of my gear I can sell before making any grand plans.
    I understand what you are looking for! And maybe the GFX would be the right tool for this, although for me the X-H1 would probably be sufficient - if I had to decide between the 2.

But then, actually I made the decision for myself that m43 is just right for me - in form of the Olympus EM1.2 and the Olympus Pro lens lineup. This is why I sold finally all my Fuji gear. And so far I did not regret it! Olympus JPEGs are at least as good as Fuji JPEGs (at least for me) and I would not like to wait till Fuji matures their IBIS that comes first in the X-H1 till it gets to the perfection of what you are getting already today from Olympus (or Panasonic) - speak DUAL IS. And if it comes to resolution, if 20MP are not enough then also 24MP will not be and I am sure we will see resolution in m43 around 30MP with the next generation of m43 sensors. So simply wait for a EM1.3 or GH6 and you also will have the resolution. And when taking high res shooting into account even 80MP or more are available - today for static subjects but in the future also at least for slow moving subjects - quasi static.

This all is just a thought process you have to be willing to move through!

So why not choose the real future system when already thinking about change?

Just my 5c ...

Post Thanks / Like

X-T2 w/60mm f2.4 Macro

FXT25174-IX-2-2r by tac650, on Flickr

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand what you are looking for! And maybe the GFX would be the right tool for this, although for me the X-H1 would probably be sufficient - if I had to decide between the 2.

But then, actually I made the decision for myself that m43 is just right for me - in form of the Olympus EM1.2 and the Olympus Pro lens lineup. This is why I sold finally all my Fuji gear. And so far I did not regret it! Olympus JPEGs are at least as good as Fuji JPEGs (at least for me) and I would not like to wait till Fuji matures their IBIS that comes first in the X-H1 till it gets to the perfection of what you are getting already today from Olympus (or Panasonic) - speak DUAL IS. And if it comes to resolution, if 20MP are not enough then also 24MP will not be and I am sure we will see resolution in m43 around 30MP with the next generation of m43 sensors. So simply wait for a EM1.3 or GH6 and you also will have the resolution. And when taking high res shooting into account even 80MP or more are available - today for static subjects but in the future also at least for slow moving subjects - quasi static.

This all is just a thought process you have to be willing to move through!

So why not choose the real future system when already thinking about change?

Just my 5c ...
    I don’t wanna get too far off topic but if I purchased the GFX it would be in combination with either the XT2 or XH1. I’d probably get a GFX with the 32-64 and 110 and a XH1/XT2 with the 50-140.

I do still have a Micro 4/3 camera (my original G1 + 14-45 is all I kept from that system but I do prefer Panasonic colors to the Olympus ones though that 100% subjective) and they are fine cameras no doubt but having color consistency between a “do everything” system and a “no compromise” system like the GFX is a big determining factor for me personally if I were to seriously consider a system switch. I’m over trying to make colors look alike across different systems (though I can get close) which was one of my reasons for selling my Leica kit once I was comfortable with my more flexible Sony kit. As such I’m really ONLY considering Fujifilm as a viable option to switch from Sony with them having both the X and G line.

On a side note nice shots to everyone contributing and i appreciate the feedback. Maybe I’ll join everyone here in time but maybe I’ll stay put with Sony. We will see. I try not to make many emotional decisions
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

X-T2 w/32mm f.18 Zeiss

FXT25030-IXLr by tac650, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t wanna get too far off topic but if I purchased the GFX it would be in combination with either the XT2 or XH1. I’d probably get a GFX with the 32-64 and 110 and a XH1/XT2 with the 50-140.

I do still have a Micro 4/3 camera (my original G1 + 14-45 is all I kept from that system but I do prefer Panasonic colors to the Olympus ones though that 100% subjective) and they are fine cameras no doubt but having color consistency between a “do everything” system and a “no compromise” system like the GFX is a big determining factor for me personally if I were to seriously consider a system switch. I’m over trying to make colors look alike across different systems (though I can get close) which was one of my reasons for selling my Leica kit once I was comfortable with my more flexible Sony kit. As such I’m really ONLY considering Fujifilm as a viable option to switch from Sony with them having both the X and G line.

On a side note nice shots to everyone contributing and i appreciate the feedback. Maybe I’ll join everyone here in time but maybe I’ll stay put with Sony. We will see. I try not to make many emotional decisions
    Good decision - if I would go MFD I would also go most probably Fuji GFX. A X-system complementary camera makes definitely then most sense. In this case I would wait for the X-H1.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Good decision - if I would go MFD I would also go most probably Fuji GFX. A X-system complementary camera makes definitely then most sense. In this case I would wait for the X-H1.
    I agree and the GFX seems to be a bit less quirky than the Hasselblad though the Hasselblad seems to have a better native software solution with Phocus.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree and the GFX seems to be a bit less quirky than the Hasselblad though the Hasselblad seems to have a better native software solution with Phocus.
    Phocus is great, but only for Hasselblad files. Any other you have to take your already known RAW converter. I would not hesitate a minute to go the Fuji way instead of Hasselblad - this company is still not sure for me tu survive long term, but Fuji will!

For me there is no doubt that LR is the overall best RAW converter for RAF files, as it natively supports all the available Film Simulations, which is one of the most important parts for me at least of the Fuji ecosystem.

Post Thanks / Like

Iridient Raw converter is one of the best for RAF, imo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdphoto View Post
    Iridient Raw converter is one of the best for RAF, imo.
    +1 on Iridient X-Transformer, the DNG files are so much nicer to work with.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TClair View Post
    +1 on Iridient X-Transformer, the DNG files are so much nicer to work with.
    Thankfully I already have Iridient Developer but I use Capture One primarily for catalogs and processing. I also use Affinity Photo. Between these I really don’t miss Adobe nor do I have plans to return to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Phocus is great, but only for Hasselblad files. Any other you have to take your already known RAW converter. I would not hesitate a minute to go the Fuji way instead of Hasselblad - this company is still not sure for me tu survive long term, but Fuji will!

For me there is no doubt that LR is the overall best RAW converter for RAF files, as it natively supports all the available Film Simulations, which is one of the most important parts for me at least of the Fuji ecosystem.
    It depends on the lenses you plan to use. If you stay in the 28mm-90mm range, the Hasselblad H1D is the better option. A lot lighter and more comfortable to handle. The GFX feels like heavy Lego.

I rather would pick then a Hasselblad H or V camera.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4711 View Post
    It depends on the lenses you plan to use. If you stay in the 28mm-90mm range, the Hasselblad H1D is the better option. A lot lighter and more comfortable to handle. The GFX feels like heavy Lego.

I rather would pick then a Hasselblad H or V camera.
    We can all agree that the choice between X1D and GFX is subjective.

I believe most will agree the X1D is more attractive on a shelf. I personally feel (after holding both) the GFX is more comfortable in my hands... but the X1D is comfortable to hold as well. An articulating screen would make the X1D vs. GFX a harder choice for me. I hope Hasselblad decides to add a tilting screen for the successor.

Post Thanks / Like

X-T2 w/XC50-230mm @ f9.0
    The hull of the Peter Iredale Ship Wreck.

FXT24890-IXr by tac650, on Flickr
    Last edited by TClair; 10th December 2017 at 13:56.
    Likes 8 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Stenbjerg Landingsplads, Denmark

X-Pro 2, 10-24

Ray

Likes 10 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Merritt Island Wildlife Refuge.
    Will

Post Thanks / Like

X-T2 w/12mm f2.0 Rokinon @ 5.6

FXT25202-IX-2r by tac650, on Flickr

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Breaking out of a rut, this is with the 14mm. It is the first time I have used this lens with the B+W 093 IR filter.

Will

Post Thanks / Like

X-T2 w/12mm f2 Rokinon at f5.6

FXT25209-IXONr by tac650, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like

X-T2 w/12mm Rokinon f2

FXT25217-IXmr by tac650, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stone wall tests with 16/1.4 and 23/1.4 lenses on X-T2

I was asked by a correspondent on another forum if he should return his X-T2 and lenses because of unacceptable corner softness which he suspected meant that there was field curvature. Sean Reid a year or two ago went over all of this and gave a high recommendation to the f/1.4 (and f/1.2) large optically corrected XF lenses, while acknowledging that the f/2 lenses were contrasty, don't block the X-Pro2 viewfinder, but slightly less sharp at any aperture than the f/1.4 series. So I ran my own test series, and have put the results up on Flicker as an album. No redeeming artistic value, but the answer is that from f/4 to f/8, both the 16 and 23mm XF lenses are sharp enough for me from edge to edge. From 1.4 to 2.8 there is a little corner softening and there is fairly obvious vignetting in both lenses at f/1.4. Landscape shooting at f/1.4 is not advised.

The evidence is at https://www.flickr.com/gp/[email protected]/WV9v9s .

scott
    pre 2015: http://www.pbase.com/skirkp
    current: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

X-Pro2 + XF 35mm f2:

Waiting for the Wind by Mark, on Flickr

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

With the 14mm.

Will

Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Do the Fuji X cameras naturally respond to IR with just a filter or did you have the camera modified?

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Do the Fuji X cameras naturally respond to IR with just a filter or did you have the camera modified?
    I used a B+W 093 IR filter on the camera, which is about an 850nm cut-on filter. Most cameras will work unmodified: I have done IR with a Pentax 645D, Olympus EP1, and a Sony RX1. As you can tell by the moving vegetation, this is not a short exposure. At ISO 400, I think the last image was around 30 secs at f/5.6. But it was also with the sun low in the sky.
    Will

Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  IMG_4673.JPG
Views: 293
Size:  146.6 KB

my humble contribution.

XT2-Rokinon 12mm

Post Thanks / Like

X-T2 w/Rokinon 12mm f2 at f5.6

FXT25198-IXr by tac650, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like

X-Pro2 + XF16mmF1.4:

Hurry... by Mark, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Grayhand View Post
    Stenbjerg Landingsplads, Denmark

X-Pro 2, 10-24

Ray

, it certainly reminds of the danish Oscar rewarded film "Babettes gæstebud", Babettes feats by Gabriel Axel, from 1987, with beautiful Stéphane Audran and magifincent Jarl Kulle, if you dont know it you have to see it. Rather special.
    Thorkil

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thorkil View Post
    , it certainly reminds of the danish Oscar rewarded film "Babettes gæstebud", Babettes feats by Gabriel Axel, from 1987, with beautiful Stéphane Audran and magifincent Jarl Kulle, if you dont know it you have to see it. Rather special.
    Thorkil
    Thorkil, +1 likewise as soon as I saw this image I instantly thought of Babette's Feast, how strange!.....A wonderful film (well worth a watch) where she cooked a gastronomic delight for the locals (A lovely heartwarming story)...I must now get back to cooking our Xmas Dinner for my family now...Merry Xmas everybody...Cheers Barry