The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X-Pro 2 and X-T 2

vdeakin

I've a question (an embarrassing question I might add) for all the experienced elders, gurus and users of X-Pro2 - Every time I press the shutter on my newly acquired X-Pro2, I get two snapshots on my SD card. First I thought that, since I only used one card in the first slot, the camera was giving me a backup on the only card I had. I then put a 2nd card in the 2nd slot, and it still gives me 2 copies on the first card. I use a manual aperture priority mode, adapted lenses and fine jpegs, and I've also noticed that on a few occasions with low lighting the camera gave me only one copy of the shot when I used only one card in the first slot.
I went through the manual with a gimlet eye, and I still can't figure out how to have only one shot recorded on the SD in the first slot.
Does anybody know how to do it? Has it come up before?
Thanks for your attention to the matter.

scott kirkpatrick

Menu --> (it should be pointing to IQ) Image Quality does it say RAW + FINE? Then you are getting a raw file plus a jpeg.

At any rate, tell us the file extensions and file sizes that you see for the two copies of the shot you just took.

scott

vdeakin

Thanks for the suggestions, gentlemen. Bracketing of some sort was my initial suspicion too. I'm using fine jpegs IQ setting which produces jpegs only in 10mg to 12mg sizes. On a couple of occasions the pair differed by 0.1mg which suggests that they are not exact copies, and now I see that some paired images are misaligned confirming the bracketing cause. The problem is I can't find anything in the menus that does that. In the 'shooting setting', which seems like the place to look for it, there is something called 'interval timer shooting' where you can choose the interval and the number of shots. But the number of shots is set to 001, and I can't find anything else that can be remotely responsible for multiple shots.

Norm N

A three shot pano of the Willamette River Falls and dam. in the early 1800's the Hudson Bay Company established a trading post here to trade for furs with the Indians. Settlers started coming here in the 1820's to get food and help. This place became Oregon City, and the end of the Oregon Trail is a mile or so behind the camera:

The site became the center on industry for early Oregon. The first hydroelectric dam in Oregon was built here. The now abandoned, except for the power turbines, latest in 19th and early 20th century industrial technology:

So it goes. Industry has now moved on. But the abandoned saw mills. paper mills, etc., sit along the river slowly decaying.

rayyan

To be honest, most all cameras nowadays make excellent images. Unless one has some special need, imho, one should just go with the budget and the need.

But must enjoy using the camera. Living in peace with one's camera.

I do need to get out of the house. But it is very very hot outside nowadays..;)

Jorgen, meh, chiquita, Bob, ReeRay and Thorkil...:salute:

Jorge, I was going thru your gallery images..what to say my friend. Just wonderful..:clap::clap:

darr

I am currently renting a X-Pro2 and lenses to see if I want to take the plunge. My mirrorless camera has been the NEX-7, but it is time for an upgrade. I do not want to go the SONY route this time around and prefer a camera to operate more like a film camera than a menu driven computer. I am liking the X-Pro2 a lot, especially the design and operation. Here are my first and second attempts at using it. Unfortunately work and a bit of summer rain has me behind trying to use it.

JOEY
Fuji X-Pro2 + 35mm f/1.4 + 1/160 @ f1.4, ISO 200

Joey the cat picture happened shortly after I pulled the camera out of the box and placed the lens on. Joey was sitting on the table and wanted to check it out, so I took the opportunity to make a meme and post it on facebook for my friends and family to see that he is doing well. Joey is a recent addition and has been through hell. He is a tripod kitty (three legged) and had multiple complications from being run over when he was ten weeks old. He was dropped off at my veterinarian's office and left to die. Joey spent over six months there and they tried to save his leg after multiple surgeries, but it never healed right and it got in his way. I agreed to adopt him if he made it through all the various complications. Joey is a survivor and turned one year-old in May. He is a really smart kitty and is goofing off in the photo. :)

--

The hydrangea are from my yard and were photographed very late in the day. The black and white photo was very easy to post process, but I wanted to work the pixels on the next shot. The hydrangea photo was processed through Lightroom and Topaz filters. Overall I really like the camera, but need to spend more time playing with it. Hopefully tomorrow it will not rain and I can take off and walk around a favorite small town in Georgia for pictures. I also want to post process through Capture One. I rented the XT-1 last year, but did not like it so much. So far the files from the X-Pro2 look excellent.

I appreciate this thread and all the contributors greatly as I have been looking and reading here for a while. It was this thread and your photos that helped to convince me to start looking at the X-Pro2, and I thank you all!

Kind regards,
Darr

scott kirkpatrick

Re: shooting fast with the new 35/2.0

Some of the older Fuji lenses take a perceptible moment to focus (and make funny noises while doing it) but not the very compact new XF 35/2.0 WR lens, which also leaves the entire optical frame unblocked even when I am using the higher magnification view setting. So for snap shooting with lots of people around on the XPro2, it makes a nice combination. Some examples from a big barbeque:

DSCF0925 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

DSCF0930 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

DSCF0940 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

scott

darr

Took the plunge for a X-Pro2, Touit 32mm f/1.8 and XF 14mm f/2.8 R. Below a few images during a walk around testing the Touit 32. Used Acros in camera and then for camera calibration profile in Lightroom. I like this camera and lens a lot.