The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X-Pro 2 and X-T 2

scott kirkpatrick

Now using the X-T2 with its proper S battery. Still, two of the next 80 shots showed the noise sparkle problem. These had the characteristic that both were shot in a very dark lecture after viewing for a bit with high viewfinder signal amplification (which might cause heating).

scott

scott kirkpatrick

Re: X-T 2 handling low light and high DR just fine, thanks.

I did lose three or four shots out of about 260 to sparkles, in each case just after switching on, but here's a quick selection from this evening's wedding in Bnei Brak, Israel:

XT2F0477 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

XT2F0468 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

Yes, the men and women celebrate separately,

XT2F0633 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

XT2F0591 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

XT2F0616 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

but the ladies can't resist looking in to see what all the noise is about. (They are also exuberant dancers, but I don't get to see that part)

XT2F0587 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

outside, a bit later:

XT2F0645 2 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

All with XT2, 16/1.4 at ISO 400 or above

scott

Last edited:

Shashin

I did lose three or four shots out of about 260 to sparkles, in each case just after switching on...

scott
Scott, I assume you have the sensor cleaning function on. Try turning it off and see if that reduces your sparkles. If it does, then send your camera back. It could be the anti-static cleaning function. BTW, have you Googled this to see if other have reported the same problem?

scott kirkpatrick

Scott, I assume you have the sensor cleaning function on. Try turning it off and see if that reduces your sparkles. If it does, then send your camera back. It could be the anti-static cleaning function. BTW, have you Googled this to see if other have reported the same problem?
I had sensor cleaning set for both power OFF and ON. Tried it with both off just now and didn't see any sparkles in very low lighting. Maybe I will just set it for power OFF (that is the default). There's new firmware promised for November 8. If I send the camera in it is gone for at least a month or two, so I'll wait. Have reported this to Fuji but no response so far. I've kept my dealer informed, but they don't have a swap to offer (and I ditched the packaging several travel stops ago). And on three sites no one else is reporting this problem.

More MIBs dancing in the album: https://www.flickr.com/gp/133969392@N05/NdVb0u

scott

Last edited:

Shashin

Bleak! It looks like you are trapped. Where is Reid State Park?

scott
Well, the camera is about 2ft from the ground. Not so bleak you could not step above the high-water mark. ;)

Reid State Park is south of Bath, Maine on the coast, but in the other side of the river. Most people go to Popham Beach. It is very peaceful out of season. Sand beaches are rare in Maine and so it is packed in the summer. If you would like to see more of Reid, have a look at my blog (the link my signature). You can do a search for the park name or simply click on the category.

algrove

XPRO-2 and velvia...colors to set a soul on fire!!

The small and wonderful 35/1.4
Nice image.

I am currently debating between getting the 35/2 or the 35/1.4. I do not really need shallow depth of focus and would like WR so I am leaning to the 35/2 as I very much like the 23/2. Once the 50/2 comes out that would be a nice 3 prime lens street setup. Comments?

teeraash

Nice image.

I am currently debating between getting the 35/2 or the 35/1.4. I do not really need shallow depth of focus and would like WR so I am leaning to the 35/2 as I very much like the 23/2. Once the 50/2 comes out that would be a nice 3 prime lens street setup. Comments?
You cannot go wrong with any Fuji lenses. The trio will be light weight but extremely versatile. I just bought 23/2 but the faithful 35/1.4 will stay in my bag, forever. So my set will be 23/2, 35/1.4, 60/2.4 macro and will add Samyang 12/2 for my upcoming Bali trip. 16/1.4 is also very good but I am reluctant to take this relatively heavy lens.