The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X-Pro 2 and X-T 2

Grayhand

It could have been worse.
This was taken on 9th of June last year.
So it is only sand blowing around.

But I will be in this area next week.
Then it might be a different story.

Ray

ptomsu

Workshop Member
It could have been worse.
This was taken on 9th of June last year.
So it is only sand blowing around.

But I will be in this area next week.
Then it might be a different story.

Ray
Ray,

please show us some pictures when you are there again.

Peter

Grayhand

Vorupør, Denmark

X-Pro2, 35mm,f2

This area is also called "Cold Hawaii" due to all the surfers.
Many times I have felt that "Cold" is an apt description of this spot :cool:

Yes, I will document my trip to this area next week, Peter!
But until then I will show some more of older pictures from this area, between Agger and Hanstholm in western Denmark
In between those two small towns are the nature reserve Thy situated, my absolute favorite spot in Denmark!

Ray

Last edited:

Grayhand

Agger, Denmark

X-Pro2, 55-200

As you drive down the road to the ferry (the previous photo), then you see the "Skyline" of Thyborön on your right hand.

Ray

Thorkil

Agger, Denmark

X-Pro2, 55-200

As you drive down the road to the ferry (the previous photo), then you see the "Skyline" of Thyborön on your right hand.

Ray
...and with that nasty factory Cheminova ...has a bad reputation in Denmark..but unfortunate we can't avoid such factory's in our modern and much chemical made society :cry: (we are a part of it)...but that despite...a nice picture!...
best Thorkil
Ps. Yes Thy is a very nice and calming place at its outskirts, remote and quiet place...and obvious in your lovely pictures!

Grayhand

Agger, Denmark

X-Pro2, 10-24

This are of Denmark is all about sky and illumination for me.
And the sea..

Ray

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Agger, Denmark

X-Pro2, 10-24

This are of Denmark is all about sky and illumination for me.
And the sea..

Ray
Absolutely stunning! I love how this Fuji 24MP sensor renders colors! One of the main reasons I am using this system!:cool:

Peter

rdubois

Now that Iridient X-Transformer is available also for Windows, I've been experimenting and I've got to say that subjectively it seems to provide a crisper and perhaps more "pleasing" image than C1P. But I have two questions:

1. Iridient seems to crop a little of the image. Has anyone noticed this?
2. When pixel viewing the Iridient shows substantial "noise" or pixellation. Could this just be due to the sharpening and noise controls?

It has to be said that Iridient for Windows is just in a Beta version but I'd welcome any comments.

Many thanks :)

C1P:

EmptyName_21.jpg

Iridient

EmptyName_22.jpg

C1P Detail

EmptyName_19.jpg

Iridient Detail

EmptyName_20.jpg

Sapphie

Try lower sharpening values within Iridient X-Transformer and also make sure that when importing into LR or C1 you switch sharpening off, otherwise you are doubling up on it.

Nice picture BTW.

Lee

Shashin

I use Iridient Developer on a Mac. Iridient Transformer looks to be applying the lens profile automatically, which might explain the cropping. Have you compared an in-camera jpeg to the RAW cropping--the jpeg should have the lens profile applied.

The other thing with Iridient is the the sharpening can be very aggressive depending on the subject matter. Sometimes it is just right, but I have found enough cases where I need to dial back the default settings. It looks like you are seeing the sharpening in your noise.

rdubois

I use Iridient Developer on a Mac. Iridient Transformer looks to be applying the lens profile automatically, which might explain the cropping. Have you compared an in-camera jpeg to the RAW cropping--the jpeg should have the lens profile applied.

The other thing with Iridient is the the sharpening can be very aggressive depending on the subject matter. Sometimes it is just right, but I have found enough cases where I need to dial back the default settings. It looks like you are seeing the sharpening in your noise.
Many thanks Will and Lee

I'd forgotten that Iridient applies the lens profile so what you say makes total sense as concerns the apparent "cropping"

If I am to understand it the developer (Brian Griffith) may be adding some more sharpening options especially aimed at XP2 and XT2 sensors. This might imply that the default is perhaps too aggressive and not optimised for the 24mp sensor.

I'll try to reduce the sharpening although it must be said that the sharpening in the noise is only apparent at higher magnifications. At a smaller canvas size this is not noticeable. What is noticeable is the apparent detail and better separations between light and shadow.

I'm a C1 user and it may be that Iridient is more specifically aimed at LR users. Nonetheless, even for C1 I think this is software which is worth persevering with. At £30 or so it is a steal in my opinion.

Thanks again

Vincent

rdubois

Now did a comparison between the Iridient DNG round tripped via C1P and then LR. Now I'd be the first to admit that I'm not great with Lightroom but the difference is nonetheless remarkable.

C1P

EmptyName_21.jpg

LR CC

DSCF14430701201707012017-2.jpg