The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X-Pro 2 and X-T 2

Grayhand

rdubois, Thanks for your kind words!

Well, I am willing to use anything I can get a photon to stick to, to make a picture!

Ray

Grayhand

Brahehus

X-Pro 2, 55-200

Did pass by again today, in a snow drift, no fog.
So a different tone and balance for this one.

Ray

scott kirkpatrick

More from the Houston Museum of Fine Arts (MFA)

They have huge amounts of space and large collections, of which small fairly unusual selections are on view.

XT2F0036 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

For example, Japanese items both modern and traditional, woodcuts by Unamono from long before he was famous...

XT2F0037 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr
XT2F0039 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

Indian art that you not have recognized as such

XT2F0033 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

And an excellent photocollection, 60-80 prints from all periods, some of which I had never seen, and a small exhibit of photo books, for children, from the early 1900s:

XT2F0014 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr
XT2F0009 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

all with my new (replaced after the original went back to Fuji with a bad sensor) X-T2 and 23/1.4. Albumhere

scott

rdubois

You an I seem to have trees on the mind Ray.

Here is one from this morning. I'm still finding it easier to convert to B&W with C1P rather than use the ooc Acros simulated jpeg but the colours via Iridient X Transformer first are just spot on leaving very little to additional processing.

Taken with 35mm f/1.4, 1/120s, f/1.4, ISO200

EmptyName_24.jpg

EmptyName_3.jpg

Attachments

Grayhand

Söderåsen Nature Reserve

Fuji X-Pro, 10-24

Well, trees are one third of the holy trinity of Wood, Water and Stone.
And since I always run into a lot of trees as soon I walk into a forest, I can as well work with them also, and not only the forests.

I have not really used Capture One since about 10 minuts after I sold my last Phase One digiback.
That program is a pain in the ... for me.

I use PhotoNinja for Fuji RAW and Phocus for the RAW from my CFV50C.
(If I want color to a certant result, I fix that in RAW, so same methodology as you)
Both those program are so configured that they throw me and the TIF-fil into PS when I am done with RAW converting.
And if I want to organise a lot of files, I use Bridge.

Most of my B/W conversion now is done with Silver Efex.
I do not use the in camera B/W profile, I prefer to adjust each one separately.

Works for me.

Ray

Last edited:

Grayhand

Alan, it´s from a parking/rest place beside a road I travel a lot in my work.
I have been looking at it for maybe 15 years now.
At last it got the right level of patina.
So now the waiting is done :D

Ray

Grayhand

"True North"

Uljabuouda, Lapland

X-Pro 2, 18-55

My work has me traveling all over Sweden, helping my customers to solve their problems. And always by car.
This week I was up in the "true North" of Sweden, about 80 km south of the Arctic Circle.
On Monday I was at a wind turbin park. But heavy winds, median about 28 m/s, so no work in the tower.
At 80 meter, there is a lot of things that can happen in a storm...
But Tuesday, better weather for work, and also a few photos I will show below.

A wee trip of 3100 km.

Ray

Last edited: