The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X-Pro 2 and X-T 2

AlanS

Bloody hell Ray, that's some commute! Mind you, if it were mine I probably wouldn't get to work very often.

Grayhand

Well, it helps if you are ok with driving a car!
And after 25 years, it becomes a way of life.
If I hade to work at the same place al the time, then I would not go to work very often :cool:

Mostly my works require a trip of about 500 - 1000 km each, so not to bad.
And I always bring at least one camera with me, so a lot of opportunities along the road
But, I will do at least two more trips to the "Upper North" before summer..

Ray

AlanS

And I always bring at least one camera with me, so a lot of opportunities along the road
Sorry Ray, what I meant was I wouldn't get there very often due to me stopping all the time to take in the scenery and shoot some pictures:D

rdubois

"True North lV"

Uljabuouda, Lapland, looking westward

X-Pro 2, 55-200

Ray

Lovely panorama Ray!

Had to do some close up technical product shots at work so got myself the 11mm macro extender and I've been trying it today with the 56mm on some prettier subjects. Interesting combination. Depth of field is tiny, haha. Here are a couple of examples at f5.6.

Auto focus is pretty random and manual focus is kind of hard with this lens which have no stop either end so can't see or feel where the lens is:confused:

Daffodils.jpg

Daffodils_1.jpg

Thorkil

Well, it helps if you are ok with driving a car!
And after 25 years, it becomes a way of life.
If I hade to work at the same place al the time, then I would not go to work very often :cool:

Mostly my works require a trip of about 500 - 1000 km each, so not to bad.
But, I will do at least two more trips to the "Upper North" before summer..

Ray
Beautiful pictures Ray!
Are you working for Vestas?
Thorkil

Grayhand

Thorkil, no I do not work for Vestas.

I have had my own consulting company now for about 25 years, and work mostly with customer in the heavy process industri and power companies.
In Sweden and in the rest of the world.

Working with large motordrives amongst many other thing, and in that category does the wind turbins fit nicely :)
50% of the time problem solving and 50% of the time I hold different courses for my customers so they can solv their own problem.
Strangely enough, this is not mutually exclusive..

Ray

Last edited:

Thorkil

Thorkil, no I do not work for Vestas.

I have had my own consulting company now for about 25 years, and work mostly with customer in the heavy process industri and power companies.
In Sweden and in the rest of the world.

Working with large motordrives amongst many other thing, and in that category does the wind turbins fit nicely :)
50% of the time problem solving and 50% of the time I hold different courses for my customers so they can solv their own problem.
Strangely enough, this is not mutually exclusive..

Ray
Ray,..:thumbup:.. sounds like a very nice job, and being one’s own boss is a wonderful thing, having no one sitting on ones shoulders...apart from different life-circumstances, which though can be sufficient challenging...
and mechanical constructions I can associate to...
but driving that lot would demand lust for ...driving.. (and photographing...which mentally could do the sufficient justification I would guess :) )
Thorkil

przemur

And here's a couple ones taken on my trip to Prague last May

DSCF8237.jpg

X-Pro 2, 55-200mm 57.5mm@F/3.5

--
DSCF0914.jpg

X-Pro 2, 23mm@F/6.4

--
DSCF0574.jpg

X-Pro 2, 55-200mm 200mm@F/6.4

The first one makes a very nice print (after some further editing) in A2 format (I think it's close to 17" x 23"). I actually like prints in this size much more from X-Pro2 than from X-T1

scho

Nice to be back in Fuji land after a long absence. I am currently using a Fuji XT2, primarily with old lenses and adapters until I can decide on native glass. I did get the 18-55 with the camera and the 14mm for landscape work and that may be all that I really need. Here is one of my first shots with an old Canon FD 300mm f/4 L using a Fotodiox adapter. White breasted nuthatch on an old backyard maple tree.