The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X-Pro 2 and X-T 2

rdubois

Its a wonderful picture..and lens (I love that lens!). Is it from raw or jpg with film-simulation? with slightly contrast and sharpening added?
best Thorkil
Thank you. Yes, a wonderful lens but rather new to me so still getting used to it.

I use Iridient X Transformer for conversion to dng with low sharpening then import that into Capture One and apply the film simulation there and then in Photoshop for a final sharpening for web and adding a frame (which my wife dislikes intensely) and convert into jpeg. A bit convoluted but works for me but its easier to do than to explain how its done :)

Some English Bluebells from today also with the 90 at f2.0:

Bluebells_13.jpg

Bluebells_14.jpg

Bluebells_11.jpg

Thorkil

Even though it sounds complicated (to me at least) the result is sharp and very 3-D-like defined. I have to use it more too. Being carefull (I struggle with that) it can be tacksharp, but still render smooth and very nice. One of the exquisite lenses, i think
Thorkil

rdubois

Even though it sounds complicated (to me at least) the result is sharp and very 3-D-like defined. I have to use it more too. Being carefull (I struggle with that) it can be tacksharp, but still render smooth and very nice. One of the exquisite lenses, i think
Thorkil
Hi Thorkil

I've always really struggled with sharpening, applying either too much or too little. I now cheat and use PhotoKit Output Sharpener (https://www.pixelgenius.com/sharpener2/index.html) and that seems to take care of things for web and it's particularly good for print. Its a PS plugin. If using Iridient it's necessary to set sharpening by that to low or off.

Thorkil

Hi Thorkil

I've always really struggled with sharpening, applying either too much or too little. I now cheat and use PhotoKit Output Sharpener (https://www.pixelgenius.com/sharpener2/index.html) and that seems to take care of things for web and it's particularly good for print. Its a PS plugin. If using Iridient it's necessary to set sharpening by that to low or off.
Thanks for help! but I'm not good at LR or PS, I guess Pixelgenius is just for these. And by the way my Norton antivirus claimed the pixelgenius to be unsafe....(attacker would go through this site and steel informations it claimed) :shocked:

Shashin

My garden is going crazy making flowers. This is my sweet crab apple tree--we have just been having overcast or rainy day for what feels like forever and this evening I went out when the rain stopped.

BTW, this is the 23mm f/2 lens.

Shashin

Our forest is rapidly changing. The top image is May 12th. The next is May 15th. The last is from today, May 16th. It sure beats snow.

Shashin

So, I went out to my field to watch the sunset last night and I found two new neighbors. They trotted up to see me, but quickly lost interest when they found out I had a camera, but no food.

Shashin

This time of year, our forest is absolutely radiant. Shooting in near IR just makes it all the more incandescent.

Shashin

With XF 14mm and ND filter. My new forest canopy. It is great that spring is here. Be a bit nicer if the temperatures could get above 60F.

Paul2660

Thanks for the kind words, I love this spot for sure.

Interesting question. I just printed it at 20 x 30 from LR @ 300 ppi and it looked very good. I think I could get it to 24 x 36 pretty easily, and with a little interpolation help 30 x 45.

The 16 1.4 is a wonderful lens, not only very sharp but it has an amazing close focus range, of around 8" or something I can't remember for sure, but you can really get close. I love to use it as a macro lens close to wide open as the Bokeh is very nice.

I use it along with the 56 1.2 and really prefer both of them. I stopped using the 16-55, to big and just not sharp enough alot of the time, might just be my lens. The 16 1.4, 23 2.0 and 56 1.2 are my main carry lenses but I still use the 10-24 when I need wide wide.

Paul Caldwell