The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X-Pro 2 and X-T 2

Grayhand

So, back in the infrared sandbox!

I bought some infrared filters with different cut off wavelength and went out in the sun...
(Everybody's Free To Wear Sunscreen)

X-Pro 2, 10-24mm, 850 nanometer. F6.4, 4.3 seconds exposure, ISO 1600

The result is a picture that only a mother can love.
(But I do actually like it with the "nice" artefact from sun reflections)...

But regarding the next photo, even it´s mother will have a hard time loving it..
X-Pro 2, 18-55mm, 950 nanometer. F11, 30 seconds exposure, ISO 6400, Jpeg straight out of camera

The filters are 77mm witch means that I have to use adapter rings, so the filter is situated about 15-20 mm in front of the lens
And the result is a massiv hot spot with heavy reflections.
So all this means that there is a hard IR-filter on this camera.

Note to self: Always listen carefully to Will . It saves both time and money :cry:

So no more fiddling with IR-filters on this camera. Next step will be a new IR-converted camera. That works so much better!
Maybe a X-Pro 2 since I already have a bunch of lenses. But I must investigate how the different lenses behaves in infrared.

Ray

Last edited:

Shashin

Note to self: Always listen carefully to Will . It saves both time and money :cry:
Obviously! :cool:

So no more fiddling with IR-filters on this camera. Next step will be a new IR-converted camera. That works so much better!
Maybe a X-Pro 2 since I already have a bunch of lenses. But I must investigate how the different lenses behaves in infrared.

Ray
Ray, maybe it is just the lens. My X Pro2 is not converted. I mostly use the 23mm f/2 and sometimes the 14mm f/2.8. Under certain situations, the 23mm shows a hot spot, but nothing like your--impressive!

Grayhand

Lesson learned:
I just don't want the hassle with different filters if I am to buy one optimised for the different filter treads for my lenses.
And if I have a converted camera I will be able to compose without problem and work with a good withe balance directly in camera.

My previous experience of an converted was that it was smooth and simple to work with!

And I already paid about 25% of the cost for an IR conversion of a camera for different filters.
And if I am to buy separat filters for the lenses, then I will have passed the conversion cost with a good margin.

Now I just have to find a smooth way to forget the cost of a new camera and just focus on how much I will save on filters that I don't have to buy!

I will find a way :chug:

Ray

Last edited:

Mark C

Wet, windy and cold in the N E of England this morning. Ideal for B&W photography! The shot below is from Hebburn marina on the south side of the river Tyne looking north east. X-Pro2 + 16-55mm F2.8:

River Tyne I by Mark, on Flickr

rayyan

Thanks friends :D

“In the desert I had found a freedom unattainable in civilization; a life unhampered by possessions, since everything that was not a necessity was an encumbrance.” Wilfred Thesiger, " Arabian Sands "

jdphoto

A few with the XT2 and 16mm 1.4. I really think the 16mm 1.4 is a very good portrait lens. Jpg's are quite remarkable too.