The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X-Pro 2 and X-T 2

scott kirkpatrick

Re:Flags

Greek flags were everywhere in Kos, and usually a bit frayed at the edges from steady 20 knot winds:

DSCF4005 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

Incidentally, the X-Pro2 proved a bit unreliable on this trip (I had another camera with 28 and 80 mm lenses) seemingly because it ran through batteries very fast, and one battery didn't hold much of a charge. Symptoms were slow boot times or failure to boot up. Removing and replacing the battery brought it back one time. Detective work will have to wait for a bit.

scott

DwF

I haven't stopped in at this site recently, but as always enjoy what you all are posting!

Morning sun at Cape Lookout on the Oregon Coast (just south and west of Tilamook.)

X Pro2 and a CV 75 f 1.8 (not a lens I use with my Fuji)

ptomsu

Workshop Member
I recently was hard pressed to stay with my Fuji XT2, mainly as the new Nikon D850 came out. But while this is for sure a beautiful and very capable camera - maybe the pinnacle of DSLR evolution till today - that would have meant to buy in again into the Nikon FX ecosystem and that would have become not only very expensive, but I doubt that apart form higher resolution I would have gained that much over Fuji X-Trans files from the XT2. Sure also some more DR but then again I do not need more DR. Maybe some more improved noise performance over the XT2 but again what I can get from Fuji is already above my expectations. And then I would have ended up again with a much bulkier camera system that would for sure stay more often at home .... Yes and of course I would have missed that wonderful EVF I meanwhile got so accustomed to that I even could not get friends with the marvellous and largely improved OVF of the D850!

Making long story short I stay happily with my Fuji after some sleepless nights (and/or days) and wait what comes next for this beautiful Fuji X Ecosystem WRT camera bodies (IBIS - hint, hint) and great glass.

Some of my recent shots all taken with XT2 and the 18-55 kit lens, that performs just wonderful ....

2017-10-11_0004.jpg by ptomsu, on Flickr

2017-10-11_0013.jpg by ptomsu, on Flickr

2017-10-11_0021.jpg by ptomsu, on Flickr

2017-10-11_0022.jpg by ptomsu, on Flickr

2017-10-11_0030.jpg by ptomsu, on Flickr

jdphoto

Peter, I too, have stayed with the XT2. I've used many cameras and this is the one I prefer. The lenses are incredible, especially the 23mm 1.4, 56mm 1.2 and 16mm 1.4. No menu diving because the essentials are right there...just like a film camera. Fuji lenses are on sale now too! If I need MF, I'll shoot film. I also look forward to Fuji's new camera tech for the X series. Enjoy!

The portrait is taken with the 16mm 1.4.

Last edited:

Mark C

Following on from the last post above, and by sheer co incidence (I had the image I'm posting here ready before I saw the one above):

Citrus by Mark, on Flickr