The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X-Pro 2 and X-T 2

Shashin

I went out this evening to enjoy the night. It kind of puts thing into perspective.

X Pro2, XF 14mm, Vixen Polarie (star tracker).

iiiNelson

Is anyone using or know of any recommendations for the XPro 2? It’s a camera I want to love in theory (especially in graphite) but the controls are too closely spaced and the camera is just a bit too small for my hands without a grip of some sort. Tried one out again today (along with the XT2) with a fresh set of more realistic expectations... also checked out the GFX again with the newest firmware.

Probably was a mistake as it got my mind turning again.

DwF

Is anyone using or know of any recommendations for the XPro 2? It’s a camera I want to love in theory (especially in graphite) but the controls are too closely spaced and the camera is just a bit too small for my hands without a grip of some sort. Tried one out again today (along with the XT2) with a fresh set of more realistic expectations... also checked out the GFX again with the newest firmware.

Probably was a mistake as it got my mind turning again.
The X Pro-2 does a lot better with the grip which can be found used for $50-100. That said, controls stay where they are.

Shashin

I don't mind mine without a grip. It is different from cameras will very prominent grips, but with use, I adjusted and find it comfortable. I also have big hands--I find a Pentax 645D very comfortable. Not really sure what to add.

iiiNelson

I don't mind mine without a grip. It is different from cameras will very prominent grips, but with use, I adjusted and find it comfortable. I also have big hands--I find a Pentax 645D very comfortable. Not really sure what to add.
Yeah I could see that and I imagine the rumored GFX-50R might be what I’m wanting from Fuji. It’s not really a knock on Fuji though. I never used my M’s without a halfcase with built in grip. I supposed that could be the answer to my dilemma as well now that I think about it.

Last edited:

iiiNelson

The X Pro-2 does a lot better with the grip which can be found used for $50-100. That said, controls stay where they are.
The rumored X-H1 will take all this one more step farther and may wind up being the direction I go if I enter the X system. It really seems to be the “perfect” balance... based in the rumors.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
The rumored X-H1 will take all this one more step farther and may wind up being the direction I go if I enter the X system. It really seems to be the “perfect” balance... based in the rumors.
The perfect balance you will rather find in the X-H2 or X-H3 in 4 or 7 years from now ;)

iiiNelson

The perfect balance you will rather find in the X-H2 or X-H3 in 4 or 7 years from now ;)
Maybe but there’s a lot of assumption in that. I mean perfect for a probable tangible camera in the next 2-6 months.

In reality the GFX is a lot speedier now (with the latest firmware) than it was when I tested it in March and ergonomically it fits my hand like a glove. I could get by with the 32-64 and 110 for most thing and it will be nearly identical to most of my most used ranges on Sony FE (25-85). My only hesitation is that I really don’t want to venture down the first generation digital product again really as I did that with both the Leica M9 (first FF rangefinder) and the A7 (first FF mirrorless).

Overall I’m extremely pleased with the Sony FE system but with deadlines and a hectic schedule between my 9-5, growing my personal business in the coming year, returning to school recently, and the prerequisite family time - I would like a camera that place me from in front of a computer more. Fuji arguably has the best JPEG’s in the business and I can archive the RAW’s for myself and cull/deliver JPEG’s for editorial deadlines. For a more compact camera the X series IQ is “good enough” but I’m sure there are days I will long for the resolution should I drop my Sony system (which is where the potential GFX comes into the picture). I really could get by with an XT2 but I assume the XH1 will be more ergonomically pleasing for those with larger hands and if I do pick up a GFX-S/R type then functionally it’ll be closer to it.

Well thats my thought process was but I should see how much of my gear I can sell before making any grand plans.