The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X-Pro 2 and X-T 2

Shashin

Do the Fuji X cameras naturally respond to IR with just a filter or did you have the camera modified?
I used a B+W 093 IR filter on the camera, which is about an 850nm cut-on filter. Most cameras will work unmodified: I have done IR with a Pentax 645D, Olympus EP1, and a Sony RX1. As you can tell by the moving vegetation, this is not a short exposure. At ISO 400, I think the last image was around 30 secs at f/5.6. But it was also with the sun low in the sky.

Thorkil

Stenbjerg Landingsplads, Denmark

X-Pro 2, 10-24

Ray

:thumbup:, it certainly reminds of the danish Oscar rewarded film "Babettes gæstebud", Babettes feats by Gabriel Axel, from 1987, with beautiful Stéphane Audran and magifincent Jarl Kulle, if you dont know it you have to see it. Rather special.
Thorkil

Barry Haines

:thumbup:, it certainly reminds of the danish Oscar rewarded film "Babettes gæstebud", Babettes feats by Gabriel Axel, from 1987, with beautiful Stéphane Audran and magifincent Jarl Kulle, if you dont know it you have to see it. Rather special.
Thorkil
Thorkil, +1 likewise as soon as I saw this image I instantly thought of Babette's Feast, how strange!.....A wonderful film (well worth a watch) where she cooked a gastronomic delight for the locals (A lovely heartwarming story)...I must now get back to cooking our Xmas Dinner for my family now...Merry Xmas everybody...Cheers Barry

Thorkil

Thorkil, +1 likewise as soon as I saw this image I instantly thought of Babette's Feast, how strange!.....A wonderful film (well worth a watch) where she cooked a gastronomic delight for the locals (A lovely heartwarming story)...I must now get back to cooking our Xmas Dinner for my family now...Merry Xmas everybody...Cheers Barry
Barry, :eek::eek:, yes same tones, same understatements, same humbleness, wonderful film, but one shall be in the mood as Rays picture, then it goes right in. Story by Karen Blixen,
Merry Christmas to you and to all here inside!
Thorkil

Grayhand

Well, I did check out the trailer for the movie, but so far I did not see the full connection between the movie and my photo.
But I will go back to Agger for a 10 days visit, starting at 6/1. So then I will have time to watch the full movie. So I will hopefully see the light, eeh I mean the connection :cool:

It always fascinates me how often pictures I make because there is some kind of emotional resonans in me also trigger some thing in some other people.
And the respons from other people is most of the time of things that has not crossed my mind during the making of the photo!

Ray

Barry Haines

Well, I did check out the trailer for the movie, but so far I did not see the full connection between the movie and my photo.
But I will go back to Agger for a 10 days visit, starting at 6/1. So then I will have time to watch the full movie. So I will hopefully see the light, eeh I mean the connection :cool:

It always fascinates me how often pictures I make because there is some kind of emotional resonans in me also trigger some thing in some other people.
And the respons from other people is most of the time of things that has not crossed my mind during the making of the photo!

Ray
Hi Ray

I tried to find a clip of the film that represented the mood that film gives off...but I think you really need to see the full film in it's entirety.
It obviously stirred the same feeling in me as it did Thorkil - which was a good one ;-) Truth be told I last saw that film a while ago

The quite tones in your picture and the simple humble whitewashed cottages amongst the sand dunes by the sea...If you can imagine how the ppl were back a 100 years or more ago (Religous simple fishermen, with no idea of what lied outside of their tiny community)...The film is excellent as your picture is...Merry Xmas to you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgpvk95yXpA

Thank you Thorkil...likewise :)

Film Locations Film locations for Babette's Feast (Babette's Gæstebud) (1987)

Agger to Mårup Church 151Km 2Hr 7min Drive https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/A...eaa9fe3fd00c!2m2!1d9.7845399!2d57.4625296!3e0

Last edited:

Shashin

Ray
The movie is well worth seeing. It is one of those unique movies that stand out from the usual. It is slow and quiet, which some don't like. But then I don't like those fast and noisy ones...

Thorkil

Ray
Ray, you have to find the film, and shut down the light in the room you are using when looking. Then you will see the truth what Barry, Sashin and I are talking about :). Perhaps a single glass of fine Amarone will help you (or two..if it's a Benedetti, the second will come by itself).
KR thorkil
Ps. and anyone who want to dig deeper can read the novel by Hans Kirk: The Fishermen (1928), about the remote, strong religious and poor society's by the west coast of Jylland, and the strong prejudices that were a consequence too.