The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X-Pro 2 and X-T 2

rayyan

Thanks guys ;)

All packed. Ayesha leaves for Bhutan. I leave for Indonesia.

Almost done what I shall be carrying in terms of camera gear..

XH-1 and XP2

16/1.4
35/1.4
90/2

Shall see how it goes this time around. Intend to get to Mt. Bromo ( if I can!! ). And then to Lombok, to see how the people have rebuilt after the devastating earthquake.

Here are some images from another part of SE Asia...

rayyan

Thanks folks :D

My little room on the hill for the duration of my stay...

And a view in front..

It was cold ( for me ) and mostly rainy with mist and fog. Days were grey with scatters of sunshine amidst the tropical rain.

Thorkil

it looks like a bit depressing stay, Rayyan, hope you will recover in another destination soon :eek:
best thorkil

Shashin

Happy New Year, everyone.

You may note my location has been updated in my profile. Having finally unpacked (most) of my belongings, I have some time to join you you again.

rayyan

Peter, Ray, Thorkil: thank you all :)

Thorkil, the weather did get me down..let's say this trip taught me some lessons!!

The 90mm and the 16mm are some of the best lenses I have used by any camera maker. Their wr really does work!

it looks like a bit depressing stay, Rayyan, hope you will recover in another destination soon :eek:
best thorkil

PeterA

rayan - I'm seeing beautiful greens in these shots - in my experience with many camera types - the most difficult colour(s) to get 'right'...also can 'feel' the heavy dmapness and wet in the scenes.
Will - nice B&W tones there.

Thorkil

Thorkil, the weather did get me down..let's say this trip taught me some lessons!!

The 90mm and the 16mm are some of the best lenses I have used by any camera maker. Their wr really does work!

[/CENTER]
Rayyan, at least you captured the heavy drops very well :), and in this picture you succeeded in getting it cloud-free, and the vegetation seems to be in a very healthy state :thumbup:
Yes the 90/2 is magical, I used the 16/1.4 a lot before, perhaps boths need some reinvention in my use...and time might be more available in some short time...
best recovering!

Last edited:

ptomsu

Workshop Member

The 90mm and the 16mm are some of the best lenses I have used by any camera maker. Their wr really does work

Great and impressive shots!

If I ever decide to go back into Fuji X system (and this might not be too far away) then these 2 lenses are definitely on my wish/buy list :)

rayyan

Thorkil, Peter, Peter(ptomsu)..thank you guys.

The colors with Fuji are generally nice.
After having tried them out a little these 2 lenses ( + a 35 or 23 ) would be sufficient for most general photography for me.
I think you shall like these two.

Next trip, Thorkil? Not for me for sometime. Funds all gone :(

While it rained..I fed the fish!!

And Ayesha shall be flying back from Bhutan ( via Nepal ) tomorrow. She was carrying the XT-1 with the 18-55. So lets see what we get from that roll!

Here is an ifone image from Bhutan received this morning...

Best.

Rayyan, at least you captured the heavy drops very well :), and in this picture you succeeded in getting it cloud-free, and the vegetation seems to be in a very healthy state :thumbup:
Yes the 90/2 is magical, I used the 16/1.4 a lot before, perhaps boths need some reinvention in my use...and time might be more available in some short time...
best recovering!

Great and impressive shots!

If I ever decide to go back into Fuji X system (and this might not be too far away) then these 2 lenses are definitely on my wish/buy list :)

Thorkil

Rayyan, the view behind Ayesha in Bhutan I really envy Ayesha.
And I presume that why you didn't follow her, is while it meant to much and heavy walking,
but on the other hand the fishes look rather nice too..:grin:
Travel-wise I havn't got anymore big ambitions, but that Bhutan-view looks very tempting.
But I wont go that long.