The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

C1 9.1.1 now has X-Pro2 support for raw (non compressed)

Paul2660

Downloading now, good news, X-Pro2 support is out, (currently for full raw only) not lossless compressed.

Thanks Phase.

Paul C

scott kirkpatrick

There is a concern that Lightroom, working on compressed RAF files is kinda slow. I just looked at a folder of RAF files (uncompressed) in C1. It took about 20 seconds to create the profiles for about 20 files. Processing the file I just posted for output took a second. I can live with this.

scott

scott kirkpatrick

It seem to me that distortion correction is not enabled (yet?)
I don't see anything for the 23/1.4, but that is an older design. I would expect something to be software-corrected in the 35/2.0. Do you have that lens?

scott

P.S. I ran several wide angle files from DPReview, but didn't see the distortion correction controls light up for any of them. This included the 35/2.

Last edited:
I don't see anything for the 23/1.4, but that is an older design. I would expect something to be software-corrected in the 35/2.0. Do you have that lens?

scott

P.S. I ran several wide angle files from DPReview, but didn't see the distortion correction controls light up for any of them. This included the 35/2.
Yes Scott,
I have checked it against a file from a 35/2, there is no opcode based correction but also the manual correction is inhibited.

scott kirkpatrick

No lens adjustments for the X-Pro2 at all for now. No profile listed.

Hopefully soon.

Paul C
If someone has a 35/2 or 18/2, both of which need a strong correction, could you shoot a square grid and see if C1 has done the correction silently or simply not done it yet. It took them two releases to add some of the more egregious Olympus and PanaLeica m4/3 lenses' corrections. And they sometimes ask (on the PhaseOne user forum) that we log concerns with a support request to ensure that they get dealt with in a reasonable order. Keep the in camera JPEG, too, since that will probably be corrected.

scott

If someone has a 35/2 or 18/2, both of which need a strong correction, could you shoot a square grid and see if C1 has done the correction silently or simply not done it yet. It took them two releases to add some of the more egregious Olympus and PanaLeica m4/3 lenses' corrections. And they sometimes ask (on the PhaseOne user forum) that we log concerns with a support request to ensure that they get dealt with in a reasonable order. Keep the in camera JPEG, too, since that will probably be corrected.

scott
I have checked the 35/2 and I confirm that there is no distortion correction in the CO rendered image;on the contrary the correction is duly done in the Jpeg, as well as in Lr and Iridient in both cases using the opcode. I do not have the 18/2 but presumably it is the same.
As it is is unusable.

scott kirkpatrick

No lens adjustments for the X-Pro2 at all for now. No profile listed.

Hopefully soon.

Paul C
Actually there is an ICC profile ("Fujifilm X-Pro2 Generic") that comes up when you point Capture One 9.1.1 at a freshly shot RAF file. So the color handling has been tuned.

scott

I opened a support case and I got the following reply:
"Dear customer,

We still have not the distortion correction for the Fuji x-Pro2 in Capture One 9.

You can make lens correction with every wide angle lens using LCC profile following this link: https://www.phaseone.com/en/Search/Arti ... nguageid=1.

Phase One support"
Has anybody made a distortion correction profile using LCC with X Trans cameras? I do not think it is possible, but I hope to be wrong.

scott kirkpatrick

That worked, thanks. I will give it a try, and report back. However, I don't see how that will resolve issues like distortion, CA, etc.

John
Nor do I. LCC is for correcting color shifts in the corners or vignetting. Apparently the person logging the support request knew that distortion correction was waiting for a further release, so we can take that part of the answer as fact. The rest of the response shows they didn't actually understand the question, but this person is probably not a developer.

scott

JaapD

This “You can make lens correction with every wide angle lens using LCC profile” is just plain wrong information by the PhaseOne support team. It should not be necessary to follow this route with Fuji glass.

We should be able to apply the built-in lens correction data from the RAF files, just the same as with the X-Pro1 and X-T1 camera with Fuji glass. One should see this under lens corrections “manufacturer profile”. Apparently with the X-Pro2 the lens corrections do not seem to work.

PhaseOne now seems to be in denial phase, hopefully they will soon go to the next steps of acceptance that there is a problem, investigate, solve, release, etc.

sc_john

As previously discussed, I shot images and LCC exposures with XF-18/2 and XF-35/2. As the images loaded into C1 9.1.1, the .jpg files are clearly showing lens corrections, while the .raf raw files show no lens correction. When I tried to create LCC from the LCC exposures, the message appeared:
"Unable to Create LCC
It is not possible to create LCC from this image. This can be caused by the image being offline or if its type is not supported for LCC creation."

John

scott kirkpatrick

I hope Phase One is a little embarrassed by their mistaken response to your support request. They describe the support for the X Pro2 in 9.1.1 as "preliminary," which means they are not finished yet. The color profile looks good to me. Apparently it is tougher to extract opcodes contained in proprietary formats like .RAF than when they are passed in standard formats like .DNG.

scott