The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Why Fuji

rayyan

Peter, Thorkil, HoredArm...thanks.

It is growing on me ;)

Best of lucks with your decisions.

Kindest regards.

Rayyan,

great to hear that you like the XPro2 so much that you will keep it.

Looking forward to get mine sometimes next month!

Enjoy and best regards

Peter
Very nice tones and very nice appearence, Rayyan!
Looking forward to more while you are keeping it.
While we get older each day, Yes camera-shake and shaking hands could be an issue for me too, since its only some of the zooms that got the OIS...
thorkil

David Schneider

OP's main reason for dumping his Fuji X cameras was the slow focusing. The focusing of the XE2 with ver. 4 firmware upgrade makes it a totally different focusing camera than it was when it was released and even then it was much better than the XE1. It's not going to be terrific for sports or action, but for most uses, it is just fine and very much better than XE1, XPro1, XT1. And at a price new of US$500, it's a bargain.

The XPro2 focuses better than the XE2. In general use, it's quite good. I've found the Face Detection is a really nice way to use it in my portrait studio when I'm using the Fuji system. I thought it was a gimmick, but it is not.

I think it's time OP takes another look at the focusing of the Fuji X cameras, especially if he held on to the lenses.

David Schneider

I can't answer the question, but I would not suggest using face detection if there's several faces in a frame. Chances are it will lock on the closest face. I think you can just joy stick off, I think I've done that myself, but I don't 100% remember.

I was testing the XPro2 in my studio with several high school seniors. It worked extremely well. Whether a tight head shot or full length, it found the face virtually every time. Just yesterday I was using my Canon 5Dmk3 on for a couple of high school seniors and I had to remember to constantly move the focus point and that got to be a bit of a pain when going from tight shot to 3/4 or full length.

This might be the last year I use my Canon gear as my studio workhorse system. I thought the 70-200 was a great lens, and it is, but the 50-140 is easily it's equal. That range is used probably 85-90% of the time in-studio.

rayyan

While I received my 16-55/2.8, it unfortunately was not a new one. So I returned it. And am waiting for a new one..:angry:

In the meantime, I came across a Fuji X photographer's work; would like to share it with you.

Fuji X Cameras

It really isn't about a brand of camera, is it?