The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X-T2... oh bugger

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Interesting to see what is posted in this thread about the XT2 ;)

I have not contributed yet as I was not sure myself if the XT2 would be coming close to my ideal camera or not - and you know what?

From what I have read and seen so far and from my past experience with Fuji X system I must say that this is THE camera that comes closest to my ideal camera and system today!

The rest is pretty obvious - right :toocool:

tcdeveau

Looks like a really nice improvement over the X-T1. It'll be awhile before I upgrade my X-T1 personally. I have more Fuji glass calling my name and the X-T1, while the user experience frustrates me, is still serving my purposes just fine.

greypilgrim

It looks like a very nice evolution to me. Not sure I will get one right away, but at some point. My x-t1 is quite happy.

The 23mm and especially the 80mm macro look promising to me.

Doug

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I don't know what I would do with one of these.
Unfortunately, the user manual won't be available until September. Download it then. It may give you an indication of what it can be used for. In the meantime, I suggest you study the brochure. The camera has a small button on the top right when you hold it up with the lens pointing away from you. If you push that button, it will take a photo. Just remember to adjust it to P-mode (P for professional, you don't want the camera to behave like an amateur, will you?) first. If you hold the camera up with the lens pointing towards you, it doesn't matter what buttons you push. That's what iPhones are for ;)

http://www.fujirumors.com/tag/fuji-x-t2-owners-manual-download/

DougDolde

Unfortunately, the user manual won't be available until September. Download it then. It may give you an indication of what it can be used for. In the meantime, I suggest you study the brochure. The camera has a small button on the top right when you hold it up with the lens pointing away from you. If you push that button, it will take a photo. Just remember to adjust it to P-mode (P for professional, you don't want the camera to behave like an amateur, will you?) first. If you hold the camera up with the lens pointing towards you, it doesn't matter what buttons you push. That's what iPhones are for ;)

I mean I just have no use for this type of camera.

Tim

:facesmack: :ROTFL: :ROTFL:

V

Vivek

To add to the confusion, why Fuji are recycling old designations (TX1, TX2 and XT1, XT2)? :confused:

ptomsu

Workshop Member
I would be interested to understand why there are so many critical and unqualified contributions when such a ground braking revolution in camera history appears?

Is it pure envy, ignorance, inability to understand or accept, fear to find that there is something better already out or what else???????

This is one of the most innovative cameras (systems) out in 2016 and we should be glad we have so many excellent choices.

So if folks do not like what Fuji did with the XT2 and the X system overall, IMHO they should simply overlook this inappropriate attempt to design and build a better system than any other available one and keep happily shooting with whatever far superior system they already have at hand.

The others who can appreciate what Fuji did with the XT2 and the X system as it is should just be happy about the status that has been achieved and keep on buying these new tools and producing excellent results.

Any issues with that approach? Just my 5c .....

iiiNelson

iiiNelson

I would be interested to understand why there are so many critical and unqualified contributions when such a ground braking revolution in camera history appears?

Is it pure envy, ignorance, inability to understand or accept, fear to find that there is something better already out or what else???????

This is one of the most innovative cameras (systems) out in 2016 and we should be glad we have so many excellent choices.

So if folks do not like what Fuji did with the XT2 and the X system overall, IMHO they should simply overlook this inappropriate attempt to design and build a better system than any other available one and keep happily shooting with whatever far superior system they already have at hand.

The others who can appreciate what Fuji did with the XT2 and the X system as it is should just be happy about the status that has been achieved and keep on buying these new tools and producing excellent results.

You bring up a $1 Million dollar question...

Many people in many threads seem to drop by solely to tell people they have no interest in a product (which seems ridiculous to constantly reiterate.) It's usually followed with a plug for their camera of choice that's clearly superior.

It's well known here that I'm a Sony shooter (not because I think it's the end all be all but because it made the most sense for me personally) but that doesn't stop me from engaging in friendly conversation or even admiring what some other manufacturers are doing. For instance I wouldn't mind if Sony made a camera similar to the X-Pro (in design) but more friendly to my hand size. I also wouldn't mind if Sony took a page out of Hasselblad's book for how to design a clean next generation menu system. I personally think Canon and Nikon could take a page from Sony when it comes to releasing revolutionary and exciting new products that many photographers want. I think Phase One would be really smart to open up their software to support other MF cameras because I read about a large enough number of people that maintain Adobe accounts out of necessity.

I think there are many things that each company does really well.

greypilgrim

It's the standard Internet behavior. Something hot comes along and someone isn't into it, so they trash it.

Plus the need to justify their purchases by verifying to themselves that they have the best Item of type 'X' out there. (Camera, car, phone, computer, floss, you name it)

Too much "shouting" and not enough thinking.

As I said above, I like the X-T2, but I'm not going to get it immediately. I want to save up for a couple of the new lenses.

I do wish Fuji would give a greater range for bracketing. That seems to keep not happening. Plus, I do miss the live timed exposures that oly came up with. It'd be nice to see something like that on Fuji.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Having opinions about stuff that someone doesn't use, at least not on a daily basis, wasn't invented with the internet. It has always existed, but became more visible with the internet. Although some of the opinions aren't very useful and/or well founded, critisism must always be expected. No product is without flaws, but many followers of a brand, call them fanboys if you want, have problems seeing those flaws. However bad the rants are, the current breed of Sony, Fuji, Olympus etc. haters have a long way to go before things get as bad as they were when the Canon vs. Nikon debates were at their height.

I usually learn more from those who disagree with me than from those who share my opinion.

Tim

You bring up a $1 Million dollar question...

Many people in many threads seem to drop by solely to tell people they have no interest in a product (which seems ridiculous to constantly reiterate.) It's usually followed with a plug for their camera of choice that's clearly superior.

It's well known here that I'm a Sony shooter (not because I think it's the end all be all but because it made the most sense for me personally) but that doesn't stop me from engaging in friendly conversation or even admiring what some other manufacturers are doing. For instance I wouldn't mind if Sony made a camera similar to the X-Pro (in design) but more friendly to my hand size. I also wouldn't mind if Sony took a page out of Hasselblad's book for how to design a clean next generation menu system. I personally think Canon and Nikon could take a page from Sony when it comes to releasing revolutionary and exciting new products that many photographers want. I think Phase One would be really smart to open up their software to support other MF cameras because I read about a large enough number of people that maintain Adobe accounts out of necessity.

I think there are many things that each company does really well.
I thank you for a positive approach. You seem to see the good in the efforts that are made.

In a lab somewhere I see a poor camera engineer who tried to read everyone's mind, keep his boss and the marketing dept happy and deal with the laws of nature. Such is the life of an engineer. If a horse was designed by a committee, it would end up looking like a camel.

I will go on a bit of limb here and add that I think the user has a responsibility to adapt themselves to a certain extent to the product. Nothing will be perfect. Either find away around the imperfections, look for something else or go home. - Just dressing in my flame suit now.

UHDR

XT2 is the camera i have been waiting for, but i think the launch price is abit high consider i paid just over 1000 GBP for A7r couple of years ago. as much as i think XT2 ticks pretty much every box i can think of, i cant justify spending that much ona non-FF :grin: but i think the starting japanese grey import price is around 950GBP, so hopefully i can pick one up around 900GBP before xmas :grin:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
XT2 is the camera i have been waiting for, but i think the launch price is abit high consider i paid just over 1000 GBP for A7r couple of years ago. as much as i think XT2 ticks pretty much every box i can think of, i cant justify spending that much ona non-FF :grin: but i think the starting japanese grey import price is around 950GBP, so hopefully i can pick one up around 900GBP before xmas :grin:
An interesting comparison indeed. Unfortunately, the current top Sony the A7R II costs almost exactly twice as much as the X-T2, $3,200 vs. $1,600. The 24MP A7 II on the other hand, is just $100 more expensive than the Fuji and 100 grams heavier. The question is if it's worth $100 more:

The lenses:
Fujinon 56mm f/1.2 (84mm eqv.), $999 and 405 grams (total weight = 912g)
Sony 85mm f/1.4, $1,798 and 820 grams (total weight = 1,419g)

Fujinon 16-55mm f/2.8 (24-82mm eqv.), $1,199 and 655 grams (total weight = 1,162g)
Zeiss 24-70mm f/4, $1,198 and 430 grams (total weight = 1,209g)

I own neither camera, but what the above figures and illustrations tell me is that the differences in quality, price and weight are ignorable between these two systems when using camera bodies and lenses of similar price. No normal person would be able to see any significant difference in image quality between them. The fact that one has a larger sensor is also becoming irrelevant unless one chooses to buy the more expensive Sony top model that offers significantly higher resolution, an even then, one would have to print very large to see the difference. What it boils down to is personal preferences.

Where I live, Sony and Fuji happen to be the two best selling brands of interchangeable lens cameras at the moment. It will be interesting to see what Photokina brings to the table this year.