The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Expert Shield screen protectors

Irenaeus

My first review ~ too long overdue!

In April, etrigan63 kindly offered me a pack of Expert Shield screen protectors for a Fuji X-Pro 2 which had become surplus to his needs.The only thing he wanted was a short review of the product. As I'd just purchased that very camera and wanted to keep it pristine, I jumped at the chance.

The covers arrived in simple but quite adequate packaging, had clear (and illustrated) instructions and included a small, lint free cloth to help one cleanse the screen in preparation for installing the covers themselves. The first suggestion was to close the doors to your bathroom and to run the shower! This was meant to damp down any dust in the atmosphere and, here in the High Plains of Montana, it made a lot of sense. The instructions then went on to dusting off the screen, carefully aligning the precisely cut film covers and how to use the edge of a credit card to avoid air bubbles while applying the film. They offered special advice as on how to avoid air bubbles and, failing that, on how to efficiently start over, if need be.

While I personally prefer Schott glass for my permanent LCD protectors (especially in the face of zippers and snaps) I found that these by Expert Shield were impressively tough, passing the standard "handheld car key malicious scratch and gouge" procedure with flying colors! (Performed, I hasten to add, NOT on the film then guarding that new Fuji, but on an extra piece of film that was only "protecting" a counter top!)

So, my conclusion is that the Expert Shield screen protectors are transparent, inexpensive, relatively easy to put on and quite strong enough and effective for non-abusive use. (The company must agree, as they stand behind the product with a Lifetime Guarantee!)

What I think I might want to do, myself, is to keep a few around as a normal thing, so that I could slap one on a new camera while trying it out, (or while waiting for that Schott glass :~) or while using a rental for a shorter term.

So thank you, Carlos Echenique, for the opportunity to use these, and my sincere apologies for letting Other Things get in the way of fulfilling my part of the deal until now!

Good night and good light to each of us!

Irenaeus

V

Vivek

Awesome! Who wouldn't take a freebie in exchange for a few words over here?

I would. :)