The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New to X-T2-questions

algrove

So far fantastic.

I set up "My Menu" with my favorite settings for B&W capture.

Question: Any way to duplicate that same "My Menu" setting except for color (instead of B&W) without having to change "Film Simulations" in menu items?

Any other favorite settings used would be most appreciated.

Shashin

I would like to help, but I have an X Pro2. I set the image size to one of the custom buttons to switch the OVF frame lines between 1:1 and 9:16, if that helps...

scott kirkpatrick

I have both X-Pro2 and X-T2. There are so many buttons outside on each that I have found every function I need, somewhere. I still haven't read very far into the X-T2 manual.

scott

algrove

I have both X-Pro2 and X-T2. There are so many buttons outside on each that I have found every function I need, somewhere. I still haven't read very far into the X-T2 manual.

scott
Me too, re manual reading. I got 2 bodies and one I will use for a poor man's monochrom. The other I might want to switch between my B&W settings, so as to mirror them as they are on the first body, and also customize the color options with another button or personal menu. Don't know if I can do that.

jsf

in terms of black and white you are better off post processing the full capture into black and white rather than your camera making the decisions. I have the XT1 & 2 and I keep everything as neutral as is possible. That allows me in processing to move the capture into whatever look I want. I hope you are shooting in RAW and processing this is a very sophisticated camera, a bit to much a professional camera to just shoot JPEG's in. But please don't take that the wrong way just my notions getting a hold of me again.

algrove

in terms of black and white you are better off post processing the full capture into black and white rather than your camera making the decisions. I have the XT1 & 2 and I keep everything as neutral as is possible. That allows me in processing to move the capture into whatever look I want. I hope you are shooting in RAW and processing this is a very sophisticated camera, a bit to much a professional camera to just shoot JPEG's in. But please don't take that the wrong way just my notions getting a hold of me again.
Thanks. I very much appreciate your feedback. I shoot only RAW, but then again perhaps the camera is doing too much for me and interpreting the image in a way I would not prefer. I use C1 for my MF images and understand what you suggest. I just like to have the LCD or EVF give me feedback in B&W as it gets me in a B&W frame of mind. As I sold my M246 Monochrom (and M9 Monochrom before the M246) this is why I wanted to go the B&W route, but perhaps that is too optimistic. I assume the EVF ad LCD are jpeg views/histograms as the only RAW or DNG histograms I have ever seen have only uniquely been generated by the M9 Monochrom. Sadly the M246 does not have this feature. That said I often liked the M240 conversions I did to B&W from color almost as much as I liked the Monochrom files.