The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji XT2 in Tanzania and Kenya

ptomsu

Workshop Member
I had a great adventure trip to Tanzania and Kenya a few weeks ago. The one camera I had with me was the XT2 with battery grip plus two lenses, the great 18-55 as standard zoom and the marvelous 100-400 as my telephoto lens for wildlife.

Especially the combo of XT2, grip and 100-400 proved to be an absolute dream combo for safari, wildlife but also for people and portraits. It was on the camera 98 percent of the time!

BTW there is a youtube video summarizing this trip for those interested, all videos recorded with XT2 or iPhone 5s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljm6MCNa6C4&list=PLfZPyfx1ZPkrQC0WCoX5pYyqjyZS-pa2h

Enjoy some samples and stay tuned, more to follow ....

Sunrise in Zanzibar

2016-10-30_0001.jpg by ptomsu, on Flickr

Next Paradise in Zanzibar, the starting point of our adventure

2016-10-30_0018.jpg by ptomsu, on Flickr

Ruaha National Park in Tanzania

2016-10-30_0275.jpg by ptomsu, on Flickr

2016-10-30_0400.jpg by ptomsu, on Flickr

2016-10-30_0419.jpg by ptomsu, on Flickr

Last edited:

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Excellent images, Peter. Want to see more!

How did the XT-2 hold up?

Best regards.
Many thanks Rayyan!

The XT2 did very well, fast AF, I especially love AFC for wildlife and the EVF is perfect for previewing the final result. I never ever had to do so little adjustments to my images with other cameras. And for wildlife this 100-400 is a real winner, a bit heavy but still much lighter and faster and SHARPER than a FF equivalent 150-600 (Sigma or Tokina).

Two more from Ruaha, sunrise next morning

2016-10-31_0007.jpg by ptomsu, on Flickr

2016-10-31_0033.jpg by ptomsu, on Flickr

and breakfast in the bush - this time the 18-55 :)

2016-10-31_0093.jpg by ptomsu, on Flickr

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Thanks again for all your Likes and interest!

I did not take any backup body as currently I only do have the XT2 for the Fuji X System. But for sure it would have been wise to have a backup. Most likely from my experiences so far a second XT2 would be the perfect backup, one with battery grip mounted for the 100-400 and one without grip for the wide angle zoom or any prime one prefers. Of course also an XPro2 would be a great backup but then again some slightly different handling than the XT2.

Again Lake Manyara in the background and flamingos and wildebeest etc in the foreground

2016-11-02_0309.jpg by ptomsu, on Flickr

The beautiful Manor Ngorongoro

2016-11-02_0323.jpg by ptomsu, on Flickr

And my obligatory moon shot, 100-400 at 400 plus 1.4 TC :D

2016-11-02_0331.jpg by ptomsu, on Flickr

Elderly

I'm envious Peter, Ruaha is especially magical and Selous IMO is not far behind.

We also stayed at the Foxes River Camp (in 2013) and friends of ours were just there at the same time as you?

I only took my EM5 and 14-150; backup consisted of a Canon S90.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
I'm envious Peter, Ruaha is especially magical and Selous IMO is not far behind.

We also stayed at the Foxes River Camp (in 2013) and friends of ours were just there at the same time as you?

I only took my EM5 and 14-150; backup consisted of a Canon S90.
You are so right, both Ruaha and Selous are wonderful experiences!

Many thanks to all again for your likes, it is an honor and a great feeling for me to see so much interest and welcome to my posts.

Two more shots from Tarangire

2016-11-02_0197.jpg by ptomsu, on Flickr

2016-11-02_0227.jpg by ptomsu, on Flickr

and another one Lake Manyara wetlands, lot of flamingos!

2016-11-02_0298.jpg by ptomsu, on Flickr

rayyan

Peter, super travel images. Envy you.

Why are some images not showing for me?

Kindest regards.

A different world .

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Folks,

many thanks for your likes and the huge interest!

Sorry for the inconvenience that some images are not showing, was my fault as I made some changes to them after posting here and I cannot change (update) these posts any longer. Promise mot to do that again in the future :)

Best

Peter