The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Me and Fuji San...

Irenaeus

How about a high-speed, continuous autofocus shot of a "bird in flight" with an X100T? ;)

Scottish Sea Eagle, Gauntlet Birds of Prey Raptor Sanctuary, Knutsford, UK....
[/QUOTE]

What a picture! I didn't know the x100t could handle that:bugeyes:

Irenaeus

Puma Cat

How about a high-speed, continuous autofocus shot of a "bird in flight" with an X100T? ;)

Scottish Sea Eagle, Gauntlet Birds of Prey Raptor Sanctuary, Knutsford, UK....
What a picture! I didn't know the x100t could handle that:bugeyes:

Irenaeus
It can in the hands of an experienced motorsports photojournalist! ;)

I shoot fast stuff all the time...(see my posting of some of my pro racing images with an X-T2 here): http://www.getdpi.com/forum/fuji/35546-fun-fuji-x-___-93.html#post720552

Thank you for the very kind words.

Puma Cat

Thank YOU—you've made ours!

and welcome to the forum!

Irenaeus
Thank you, Theodoros. You are all "scholars and gentlemen" in my book!

And thanks for the welcome. It is good to be a place with friends!

My best regards,
Stephen aka Puma Cat.

Puma Cat

Re: My Fuji thoughts

I own an X-Pro2 and an X-T2 (my second actually -- the first one had to go back to the factory with a defective sensor). My other cameras since coming back into photography with digital around 2000 have been mostly Olympus and Leica. For me the only unqualified Fuji success is the X-Pro2 with the 35/2. The 35/2.0 has some limitations in rendering at the edges, but it is a perfect fit with the X-Pro2 for handling and seeing. The 23/1.4 doesn't seem to have any resolution limits, also focuses fast, but is bigger and thus more of an EVF lens. The OVF on the X-Pro2 works well for the 23/1.4 except that a fairly large corner of the frame is blocked. I'm a little disappointed with the X-T2 so far, because the contrastiness of its viewfinder makes it hard to judge a scene. It fits well with the 16/1.4 and 58/1.2, although those are tricky lenses to use as they don't fit many scenes. The Fuji 100-400 has proven to be great fun to use with the X-T2. It is not as sharp as the best Leica R and stabilized SL telephotos, but it has more reach than the Leica 90-280 and with its stabilization handles very well. I've posted pictures with all of these on this forum.

scott

PS: It's a great time for camera-play. With the fabulous in-body stabilization from Olympus and the amazing lenses that are available on Leica, it is a real challenge to find skills, time and settings to use them all.
Scott, you can set the EVF to be much less contrasty and to look just like an OVF where you can see details in the shadows and highlights in bright daylight. I can provide set up instructions on how to do this if you like.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Re: My Fuji thoughts

Scott, you can set the EVF to be much less contrasty and to look just like an OVF where you can see details in the shadows and highlights in bright daylight. I can provide set up instructions on how to do this if you like.
Please do provide these setup instructions,

many thanks

Peter

Thorkil

Stockholm - Forslund Scylla 1947 (ought to be in Fun....)

X-T2 16/1.4 400iso f1.4 1/250 RAF C1Pro10

thorkil