The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Anyone received notice of shipment of their GFX today?

dmward

Got notification from Adorama that the lenses shipped. 32-64 and 120.
The body is on backorder. Not sure why they would send lenses without body. But they did, and when I called to asked said that 30 day return clock starts when body arrives. So no harm no foul.

JeRuFo

The market here in Holland already seems to be saturated, I checked 4 stores and 3 have the body in stock, ready for immediate shipment. So it seems that plenty of bodies have been produced already and all pre-orders will be fulfilled quickly.

dmward

The market here in Holland already seems to be saturated, I checked 4 stores and 3 have the body in stock, ready for immediate shipment. So it seems that plenty of bodies have been produced already and all pre-orders will be fulfilled quickly.
Is Holland (Amsterdam) the main point of entry into EU for Fujifilm?
That might help explain ready supply.

JeRuFo

Is Holland (Amsterdam) the main point of entry into EU for Fujifilm?
That might help explain ready supply.
I'm not sure which office handles what. Fujifilm Europe is based in Dusseldorf, Germany, but some offices are in Holland and other countries. But I'm not sure that is relevant, if they didn't have enough bodies for the pre-orders elsewhere, they wouldn't send extra bodies here. The bodies could have gotten to customers a little quicker here since the biggest port in Europe is here, but that wouldn't explain the surplus the stores seem to have.

mark1958

I did .. not the best light but I am happy to post. I am just trying to figure out silkypix for RAW and I found ON1 also processes the RAW images. The Jpgs look really nice out of the camera. In general colors are accurate but tend to need a bit of saturation at least in the standard setting. I never got around to shooting with the macro but did take quite a few with the zoom. Really quite sharp corner to corner.

Remember body and lenses are WR. Go for it.

mark1958

Here are a few examples. I am not so proficient in ON1 or SilkyPix but i converted the RAW images used ON1effects and resized the first two. The last image is a 100% crop. These were taken with the zoom beach image 36mm (f11 with Polarizer and ND filter) and log image 49mm f5.6 handheld.

Attachments

Here are a few examples. I am not so proficient in ON1 or SilkyPix but i converted the RAW images used ON1effects and resized the first two. The last image is a 100% crop. These were taken with the zoom beach image 36mm (f11 with Polarizer and ND filter) and log image 49mm f5.6 handheld.
Out of curiosity where on the coast did you go? You are in the SF Bay Area right?

msadat

unless you talked to the buyer who specifically handles the fuji account, i doubt to get a correct answer from b&h. b&h is the second if not the first to get anything new, but everything is always pre-sold so not a good place to get hot of the press stuff.

QUOTE=Paul2660;722254]The B&H situation is strange to me, almost as if Fuji choose to ship to the USA last. I called again this afternoon, and was told once again, that no GFX camera bodies have shipped from B&H. They have shipped some of the accessories however. But like you point out Ace Camera, and others like Cardinal photo (?) on Amazon seem to have gotten a few of the cameras on the 28th.

B&H told me today they are expecting them around the 9th of March now.

Who knows.

Paul Caldwell[/QUOTE]