The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Anyone received notice of shipment of their GFX today?

algrove

Today, 28 February 2017, announced as the first delivery day for the GFX, should have some pre-order holders with notices that their camera is on the way.

The GFX manual was available online yesterday as well as manuals for the first 3 lenses.

However, what is important is deliveries to some of us. Any news from any here?

Paul2660

It's apparent that B&H did not receive any yet. They do have the removable EVF but are still waiting on the cameras. World wide GFX cameras are shown both in Asia Pacific and Europe per the closed Facebook group for Fujifilm GFX. But I have not seen any US customer post anything positive. B&H changed the arriving 02/28/17 to "arriving soon" on their site at Midnight last night.

I had hoped Fuji would make this time line. B&H still implied to me that they are expecting something today or tomorrow, but won't elaborate. Maybe just like the X1D, lenses first or camera first no lenses.

Round 1, is looking like a miss at least in the US.

Paul Caldwell

algrove

It's apparent that B&H did not receive any yet. They do have the removable EVF but are still waiting on the cameras. World wide GFX cameras are shown both in Asia Pacific and Europe per the closed Facebook group for Fujifilm GFX. But I have not seen any US customer post anything positive. B&H changed the arriving 02/28/17 to "arriving soon" on their site at Midnight last night.

I had hoped Fuji would make this time line. B&H still implied to me that they are expecting something today or tomorrow, but won't elaborate. Maybe just like the X1D, lenses first or camera first no lenses.

Round 1, is looking like a miss at least in the US.

Paul Caldwell
I can understand your comments Paul, as it does seem like a repeat of the X1D. However, Ace Photo got one yesterday and perhaps B&H did too, but no one here reported their shipment.

Curious that some smaller stores got their GFX's, but the bigger internet stores might have been delayed perhaps because their boxes require larger trucking delivery versus single box delivery.

I got my extra batteries shipped that I ordered along with an extra battery charger (also shipped) which is the reverse of many other recent new camera announcements where extra batteries are far and few between for weeks and weeks.

Paul2660

The B&H situation is strange to me, almost as if Fuji choose to ship to the USA last. I called again this afternoon, and was told once again, that no GFX camera bodies have shipped from B&H. They have shipped some of the accessories however. But like you point out Ace Camera, and others like Cardinal photo (?) on Amazon seem to have gotten a few of the cameras on the 28th.

B&H told me today they are expecting them around the 9th of March now.

Who knows.

Paul Caldwell

algrove

9th of March is about 10 days late of first shipment date. Perhaps small, and friendly local stores ARE the way to go.

Just received an email from a French dealer where they mention hands on tesing is available on 13 March which is before the official French announcement/availability date. First deliveries look like they are all over the map.

Last edited:

iiiNelson

I believe a handful of cameras have trickled into the US but I agree that it seems the smaller shops are receiving them to fulfill orders first. The big shops like BH Photo and Adorama probably have a massive order in comparison so I imagine that they'll be receiving a shipment next. I believe this sort of thing happened with the A7RII and the 25/85 Zeiss Batis lenses as well.

rayyan

Why the impatience?

The world is not going to end. If it does, it doesn't matter anyway.;)

Good luck with your new cameras.

algrove

Why the impatience?

The world is not going to end. If it does, it doesn't matter anyway.;)

Good luck with your new cameras.
We cannot do anything anyway. The world just keeps plodding along just as the earth turns and a camel walks-sure but steady.

Trust you're doing well.

B&H shipped the viewfinder on Tuesday (and hit the credit card just before shipping), the rest was pending. Today they just hit my credit card for the rest of the items, usually when they do this, stuff ships out within the day, so maybe they're going to ship tomorrow.

algrove

Just got notified by B&H my GFX and 32-64 lens have shipped and due to arrive next week mid-week. Delayed a few days about ordering the 120 when I initially ordered the body and zoom lens so that lens will not ship for the time being.

Last edited:

iiiNelson

I'm really interested in seeing more shots from this camera (particularly with the 32-64mm lens for anyone that receives one. At the unintentional risk of a "brand war" (that seems to happen here more frequently than in the past) I though more people would be getting the GFX compared to the X1D but that seems to be the opposite as of now. In either case I believe that I'm far more interested in the Fuji for what I do as it seems like a more complete and less buggy camera as of today.

algrove

I'm really interested in seeing more shots from this camera (particularly with the 32-64mm lens for anyone that receives one. At the unintentional risk of a "brand war" (that seems to happen here more frequently than in the past) I though more people would be getting the GFX compared to the X1D but that seems to be the opposite as of now. In either case I believe that I'm far more interested in the Fuji for what I do as it seems like a more complete and less buggy camera as of today.
I have that combination of body and lens your interested in coming soon. I do not tend to post much at all here, but will offer any help. As you might have seen my only image was in MF images back about 2 weeks ago, #19590 mainly because of it bizarre nature.

Sure more X1D's are out there (or should be out there) as they should have been in the marketplace for many months by now as I seem to recall October or November was the month of release.

That said the Fuji GFX has been in the marketplace for 4 days and most of us will not receive our GFX shipments until next week. The official release date of Tuesday the 28th of February was only 4 days ago!

iiiNelson

I have that combination of body and lens your interested in coming soon. I do not tend to post much at all here, but will offer any help. As you might have seen my only image was in MF images back about 2 weeks ago, #19590 mainly because of it bizarre nature.

Sure more X1D's are out there (or should be out there) as they should have been in the marketplace for many months by now as I seem to recall October or November was the month of release.

That said the Fuji GFX has been in the marketplace for 4 days and most of us will not receive our GFX shipments until next week. The official release date of Tuesday the 28th of February was only 4 days ago!
No I understand that all and it seems many X1D extremely early orders have only began to be filled within the last 2-6 weeks depending on the region you're in. Just assumed many or at least some would switch pre-orders if still waiting after nearly 9 months since pre-orders went up.

mark1958

Mine came today with the 32-64 and 120mm macro. I was planning to drive to the coast tomorrow (about 45min away) but it is supposed to rain... :)