The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Some questions to professional GFX - Users

gmfotografie

As I don´t have the possibility to test a GFX in detail - I want to ask some of the professional for your help.
Maybe you have some good links or videos for me where i can find answers to my questions

.)
Very important for me is using the camera with software in the studio for checking the focus with liveview . As I know C1 don´t support the Fuji GFX but Lightroom does.
For these requirements - is the Lightroom-Plugin a suitable solution? Is the workflow as fast as I know it from using my Canonsystem with C1 ?

.)
Is there a good possibility to use an iPad for tethered shooting?

.)
Is HSS with Fuji GFX and Broncolor Siros S800 and maybe also the Move1200 possible?

Thank you

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Sometimes the Company branded forums on this site are useful, in this case you may find much more success getting your answer on the Medium Format forum where many experienced medium format users including professionals have add GFX systems.

I've found the GFX interesting, and at this point will replace my backup system (sony a7r2) with the GFX.

I can't really respond too well to your questions, other than tethering remains a challenge since there will never be C1 support. The best hope is Fuji is willing to improve on the app. currently using the IQ3 100 on an iPad or even iPhone is pretty useful. Right now the fuji app lets you operate several aspects of the camera, but the one thing missing is zooming to 100% live view for focusing. (at least I haven't figured out how to do it).

Detlef_g

Hi,

please find my answer attached:

.)
Very important for me is using the camera with software in the studio for checking the focus with liveview . As I know C1 don´t support the Fuji GFX but Lightroom does.
For these requirements - is the Lightroom-Plugin a suitable solution? Is the workflow as fast as I know it from using my Canonsystem with C1 ?

--> Why not using the x-Acquire and C1 Hot folder. Works good for me

.)
Is HSS with Fuji GFX and Broncolor Siros S800 and maybe also the Move1200 possible?

based on my Bron dealer the RFS 2.2 for Fuji should be released in 2017. I think that real ,because the Godox Fuji Transmitter is already available and the Bron RFS2.2 is based on the Godox part.

Deltef