The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Anyone else watching those X-E3 will be smaller rumors?

raist3d

If Fuji makes a reasonably small X-E3, that would probably be tempting enough to sell my m43rds and go there.

I forbid myself to buy stuff until next year- so far it's working great. It has given me pause to see what I would like as a final thing
GM7 - a Panasonic GM5 with the new PenF/GX8 20MP sensor. Will not happen
GX950, GX95- again, Pa GX850/ GX85's with the new 20 MP sensor. May happen at least for one of those models, but when.
PenF with new dual quad core chip of EM1 MKII or EM5 MKIII with same chip with much improved speed in operation and AF - current Penf has *fantastic* 20 MP files, but the AF and the UI leave me wanting.
The UI could use a simple firmware fix and be much more usable but I am not seeing Olympus doing it.

X-E3 - smaller than X-E2, ideally as big or even smaller than Panasonic GX85. With the new smaller primes Fuji has released, I think I could go back to Fuji and be happy size wise.

Watching the emerging rumors with interest.

That said, pretty much any of these cameras I outline would have come out I would be pretty happy. l always liked Fuji though quite a bit, but the size made me keep on m43rds.

- Ricardo

ptomsu

Workshop Member
If Fuji makes a reasonably small X-E3, that would probably be tempting enough to sell my m43rds and go there.

I forbid myself to buy stuff until next year- so far it's working great. It has given me pause to see what I would like as a final thing
GM7 - a Panasonic GM5 with the new PenF/GX8 20MP sensor. Will not happen
GX950, GX95- again, Pa GX850/ GX85's with the new 20 MP sensor. May happen at least for one of those models, but when.
PenF with new dual quad core chip of EM1 MKII or EM5 MKIII with same chip with much improved speed in operation and AF - current Penf has *fantastic* 20 MP files, but the AF and the UI leave me wanting.
The UI could use a simple firmware fix and be much more usable but I am not seeing Olympus doing it.

X-E3 - smaller than X-E2, ideally as big or even smaller than Panasonic GX85. With the new smaller primes Fuji has released, I think I could go back to Fuji and be happy size wise.

Watching the emerging rumors with interest.

That said, pretty much any of these cameras I outline would have come out I would be pretty happy. l always liked Fuji though quite a bit, but the size made me keep on m43rds.

- Ricardo
Ricardo,

what I learnt in my whole life (and I guess I am much older than you): THERE IS NO SUCH FINAL THING! :D;):p

Having said that I am very tempted by Fuji as they render colours and tones so beautiful - both in LR as well as C1P. And the hope that there will be IBIS in some future X models (rumoured XT2s) makes this an even stronger contender for a very perfect system for me.

I personally do favour such a rumoured XT2s over a future XE3, although the small form factor of the XT3 is of course appealing. And thinking about the possible street combinations of this XE3 with the 2/23, 2/35 or 2/50 would just be perfect :clap: I think you would be a very happy camper with the Fuji X system and the XE3, but hard to part with m43 IMHO ...

Having said that I am for myself not sure if I would leave m43 with my EM1.2 and PRO lenses, as these are pretty awesome and I always enjoy coming back.

Peter

raist3d

Ricardo,

what I learnt in my whole life (and I guess I am much older than you): THERE IS NO SUCH FINAL THING! :D;):p
I certainly take this as speaking for yourself :)

Having said that I am very tempted by Fuji as they render colours and tones so beautiful - both in LR as well as C1P. And the hope that there will be IBIS in some future X models (rumoured XT2s) makes this an even stronger contender for a very perfect system for me.

I personally do favour such a rumoured XT2s over a future XE3, although the small form factor of the XT3 is of course appealing. And thinking about the possible street combinations of this XE3 with the 2/23, 2/35 or 2/50 would just be perfect :clap: I think you would be a very happy camper with the Fuji X system and the XE3, but hard to part with m43 IMHO ...
The X-E3 is announced. Yes, it looks very interesting to me, for sure. Need to think if I would rather want a 20 MP sensored GX850.

[quote[
Having said that I am for myself not sure if I would leave m43 with my EM1.2 and PRO lenses, as these are pretty awesome and I always enjoy coming back.

Peter[/QUOTE]

I prefer the Fuji lenses rendition, but I also prefer small. Fuji has some small lens options now (finally) but anything over 100mm ranges becomes big fast.

- Ricardo