The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LookingFor a Backup Camera for my GFX 50

rollsman44

I am looking for a backup camera( Fuji) that I can use and get images that are close to what I get on the GFX. I want easy menu system thats intuitive as well. Any suggestions. Thank you

Thorkil

I am looking for a backup camera( Fuji) that I can use and get images that are close to what I get on the GFX. I want easy menu system thats intuitive as well. Any suggestions. Thank you
I guess there will only be the X-T2 then, even though its only half the Mp :)
best thorkil

Don Libby

I don't see a need for a back up camera having used the GFX now for 9-months. That said, if I were to consider a backup I'd get another GFX body that way I wouldn't have to worry about additional lenses or batteries.

Thorkil

...or you can choose to buy just a Fuji X-E3, same level as the X-T2, but put on a pancake XF 18/2 - not as a backup for your GFX - just as a backup for your life..while you
can slide it in your pocket, and being total unobtrusive..ready for all the instant other moments in life...and perhaps with a 18-55 in the other pocket... :rolleyes:
best thorkil

Mark C

I use the GFX for static subjects (mainly landscapes) for which it's excellent. I also have an X-Pro2 with a selection of XF primes and one zoom for times when I want lighter/ unobtrusive/ moving subjects. The menu system and functionality are very similar, the only thng the X-pro lacks is a tilting screen, if that's a deal breaker, buy the XT2, same sensor etc so either rangefinder or dslr, both really good cameras.

doc4x5

I use an XT-2 with both primes and zooms. I rented a GFX50S with the 32-64 over Labor Day weekend. It's is a spectacular camera and I'm working on possibly buying one with the 23, 32-64, and 120 lenses soon, with the nice discounts available until January 6. However, I do not print larger than 13x20 and when I compare files, even at 100%, the differences are subtle and pretty hard to see on a 9x13 print, my usual size. My point... an XT-2 should be a pretty good backup. Measurements are important and interesting but prints are where the rubber meets the road. Even if I do get the GFX, I'll still likely use the XT-2 quite a bit. Good luck whatever you do.

Grab an A7R3 or D850 and some ZF.2 Zeiss (Classic, Otus, or Milvus) lenses. That way many of the lenses can be used on the GFX, and you don't lose much resolution.