The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Fuji XH1 and GFX R

Knorp

It's looking even brighter ..

Fujirumors spilled out the details of the next two Fuji medium format cameras:

Fuji GFX50R
– “rangefinder styled” version of the current GFX with same 50MP sensor
– announcement likely at Photokina with shipment in early 2019

Fujfilm GFX 100S
– launch in 2019
– Priced about $9,000 like the Hasselblad X1D
– it might have IBISt

Fuji GF lenses:
– GF 250mm F4 (early 2018) – Announced
– GF 35mm F2.8 (mid 2018)
– GF 20-36mm F3.5-4.5 or GF 100-200mm F4.5-5.6 (end 2018. NOTE: Fujifilm says one of the two. Final decision has not yet been done)

iiiNelson

Just when you thought you had the latest and greatest camera, along comes the Fuji XH1 and GFX R. Apparently, the XH1 will feature IBIS and have a slightly bigger body and the GFXR will be a rangefinder style medium format camera.

https://www.thephoblographer.com/2017/12/04/2018-fujifilm-xh1-gfx-r/
I’m hoping this has the same tilt and flip screen as the GFX S and XT2. For me it’s the main functional negative for me with the X-Pro 2 (outside that I don’t really care very much for the combo ISO/Shutter dial due to the size of my hands). I’m keeping a close eye on the XH1 (though I could get along with the XT2 no doubt) as some of my current print work requires quick turnaround time (for print and web publication) and frankly there are areas where Fuji’s JPEG would be preferable to my Sony system. I’d lose IQ compared to the A7R series for sure but then I’m also looking at/considering Fuji’s MF offerings as well to fill in the gaps I’d lose in IQ. So maybe I’ll have a lot of stuff up in the Buy/Sell section soon.

Now the funny thing is that the Fuji menus made quite of bit of sense to me. They were like a slightly simplified Sony menu. I didn’t expect that to be the case but it’s been about a year since I’ve touched a XT2 as well. Maybe the menu changed slightly or cameras are becoming more alike.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
I do hope that the GFX R will be EVF only and not that hybrid thing of the XPro2. And they should increase EVF resolution as much as possible ....

WRT XH1 I hop for a larger battery than the other X-system camera, but I doubt that will happen. Also I do hope they can make IBIS work in combination with OIS - otherwise they still will be not on the level of Sony, Olympus and Panasonic!

iiiNelson

I do hope that the GFX R will be EVF only and not that hybrid thing of the XPro2. And they should increase EVF resolution as much as possible ....

WRT XH1 I hop for a larger battery than the other X-system camera, but I doubt that will happen. Also I do hope they can make IBIS work in combination with OIS - otherwise they still will be not on the level of Sony, Olympus and Panasonic!
I guess I have nearly a complete opposite wishlist.

I want the hybrid OVF/EVF to happen though I agree they should use the 3.69 million dot EVF as a basis. I really think the hybrid viewfinder remains an innovative feature and one that brings an unique tangible aesthetic to Fuji cameras. Really the only think I’d like for Fuji to do is have dedicated shutter and ISO dials. If the must stack dials then place the exposure compensation dial underneath the shutter one.

I wouldn’t mind if the XH1 used the GFX battery but I hate nothing more than for companies to keep switching battery types. It’s one of the reasons that I’m not in a rush to upgrade my A7RII. I liked that Sony used a universal mirrorless battery across all their mirrorless cameras prior to the A9.

It would be nice for the 5 axis to work with OIS out the box but not a huge deal to me in reality. The bigger deal is that it works effectively.

Satrycon

one site says the GFX 50R would be priced under 3500-4000USD and available this summer :)

Last edited: