The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji GF 23mm or Canon TS-E 24mm for GFX-50s?

BeuBu

I need some decision help. I'm just going to invest in the GFX-50s.
I'm shooting mostly landscapes, but sometime also some cityscapes and use often 15-21mm with my current FF camera.
For the GFX-50s I want to decide between the Fuji GF 23mm or the Canon TS-E 24mm with Techart-Adapter. I would like to use the Canon Tilt/Shift, but don't really know what image quality I can expect. I'm afraid to get quite weak edges with the TS-E 24mm (compared to the GF 23mm), in particular while shifting or tilting.
Can somebody share her/his experiences?

Quentin_Bargate

I need some decision help. I'm just going to invest in the GFX-50s.
I'm shooting mostly landscapes, but sometime also some cityscapes and use often 15-21mm with my current FF camera.
For the GFX-50s I want to decide between the Fuji GF 23mm or the Canon TS-E 24mm with Techart-Adapter. I would like to use the Canon Tilt/Shift, but don't really know what image quality I can expect. I'm afraid to get quite weak edges with the TS-E 24mm (compared to the GF 23mm), in particular while shifting or tilting.
Can somebody share her/his experiences?
I have the GFX50s with the Canon TS-E 24mm and Cambo adapter, and can recommend it. The lens easily covers the sensor and allows a fair bit of shifting as well. Of course, the Fuji 23mm is a native lens, so will be more versatile but I think the TS-E 24mm is optically great, and the edges hold up if not shifted too radically.

BeuBu

Thanks, Quentin.
Just to make sure. I meant the TS-E II 24mm (newer version). Are you also talking about this one?
And another question if I may and if you have the 2nd version:
Do you have an estimation how much one can shift and tilt before one get vignetting, because of the larger sensor of the GFX? I mean, compared to a Canon camera with FF sensor.

Quentin_Bargate

Thanks, Quentin.
Just to make sure. I meant the TS-E II 24mm (newer version). Are you also talking about this one?
And another question if I may and if you have the 2nd version:
Do you have an estimation how much one can shift and tilt before one get vignetting, because of the larger sensor of the GFX? I mean, compared to a Canon camera with FF sensor.
Yes, the Mk II version.

About 8mm max I’d say. Hard to be precise. Vignetting is not the issue, edge quality is.