The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

the factory

V

Vivek

Clever video. They showed the ENG lens production and then the XT2 factory line up. The XT2 assembly line could have been a Foxconn factory.

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
quite different from the Leica factory video ;)

https://youtu.be/8kyTyXAc-sk?t=30s
How so ? I ve worked in manufacturing design for electronics and studied in detail the Japanese mfg techniques . The emphasis on a clean room technology is clearly present and appears more advanced than Leica . The actual assembly process is similar (its called progressive assembly ) a lot of cameras is partially assembled at a work station then forwarded (on the conveyor ) to the next work station . This simplifies the process for a given work station and allows several sets of eyes to look at the product . There is a lot more to it ...but Leica is pretty close in how they assemble M bodies . (I have watched the process in Solms and it must be improved in Wetzler ).

Compare the Fuji Work Station Process to the Bench Made process Hasselblad is using .

I would say that for the volumes of Fuji s MF offerings this approach is as good as I have seen . They are very very good !