The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Rayyan, you must be dumb.

iiiNelson

IMO it’s all subjective but to answer your question I feel like generally speaking the Fuji X camera’s are fine for most types of imagery. Looking at your picture it appears to be mostly fine but I’m viewing on an iPhone Plus model right now. I’ve long noticed that the greens tend to be a bit over saturated with a slight tint towards blue - but that’s just Fuji color IMO. They’ve always been that way to me but it’s aestetically pleasing.

I think finding the right processor is pertinent to working with Fuji X since they’ve elected to use a different CFA. I don’t agree that it makes them worse... just different processing methods are implemented. Iridient seems to be the best overall but the interface is clunky in a sense but if they added a capable DAM and updated the UI it would be my processor of choice. The output really can be that good. Capture 1 is great too but it isn’t a comprehensive solution for all if you decide to add the GFX system as well. Luminar does a good job with output but the interface takes a little getting used to. Affinity Photo is an extremely good Photoshop alternative but again - no DAM. Lightroom is the de facto standard in that it will eventually support most cameras but there’s little specialized attention to file processing to squeez the last amount of detail.

As far as landscape photography (and portraits) this is where higher resolution tends to matter more in the final output. Between owning Sony, Canon, Leica, and Panasonic cameras and testing Olympus, Fuji, and Nikon one’s - I’d say that Sony has had the most neutral and accurate color out of the camera than any other camera brand I’ve tried but that doesn’t mean it’s always the most aesthetically pleasing color for everyone in all situations.

papawoody

What different type of sensor tech did you hear of for the XT3 except more MP? Maybe it is still too early for a organic sensor :scry:
Rumor is that it will have a stacked Bayer sensor similar to the Sony A9. This would be a technical leap forward although I have no complaints with my new X-H1 following experiences with both the XPro1 and the XT2

Puma Cat

I'm not sure how the XH1 would change anything other than adding IBIS, which generates heat which equates to noise. That camera is really geared for video and doesn't add much for stills imo. The Fuji X cameras are great for many things, but foliage and skin tones have been noted in many reviews. Using in camera settings, such as turning down NR can mitigate most of those mentioned. Perhaps, you should wait for the XT3 which will have a different sensor technology. Fuji rumors is a good site for info too.
Sorry, but I have to respectfully disagree, pretty much on all points. The X-H1 brings a lot more to the table than just IBIS; see my post on the X-H1.

Also, I never have any artifacts using X-trans for foliage or high-frequency detail using Iridient and/or Capture One 11 for RAF demosaicing.

This is an X-T1 photograph from 2014:

X-T2:

Skin tones...X-T1