The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mt. Elbrus

rayyan

The most prominent peak in Europe. Altitude 5840 meters. The 10th highest peak in the world.

The weather was really nice to start with and at 4200 meters were we stopped for acclimatization. The ascent was strenuous but good.
The climb to the summit started off nice. The weather was very cold and the reports were for some wind.

But the weather took a turn for the worst. Visibility down to 10 meters. Then the snowstorm hit us with a vengence.

No way up or down. Hunkered down. The snow storm let up, we resumed our climb. Up.

Photos taken with the Fuji X100S and others ( not posted with the iPhone X ).

The summit of Mt. Elbrus...

Thank you for viewing..
Ayesha.

Frankly

Congratulations!

For those not familiar, it is 5,642m or 18,510 feet tall with wild weather. Nothing to be trifled with!

rayyan

My thanks to everyone for viewing.

While his walking is restricted, I am flying tonight to the States to see my grand children.

Best regards
Ayesha.