The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GFX Firmware download Cant Open Up .......

rollsman44

I did the download. Then I clicked on the download to open it so I can copy it to my SD card in my Card reader.
safari cant open the file
safari cant open the file GXUP0001.-3.DAT because no available application can open it. OK Thats the message I get

Knorp

I did the download. Then I clicked on the download to open it so I can copy it to my SD card in my Card reader.
safari cant open the file
safari cant open the file GXUP0001.-3.DAT because no available application can open it. OK Thats the message I get
Did you try to just copy the DAT file to the SD card ?
I think Safari/macOS unzips the original downloaded file automatically.

rollsman44

I was able to copy it to a folder on my desk top Then I moved it to the SD card and it went on it. When I put the SD card in the camera and Held the Display Back button in and turned camera on. It did direct me to Camera body or lens, Went to camera body and the Message says firmware not found in slot 1 turn camera off

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Your filename is not the same as Knorp's.

Looks like you have made multiple downloads of the same file ... hence the -3 in the name.

I just downloaded version 3.2 and the filename is GXUP0001.dat

Take that file .... not the one you are using ... IOW discard all the previous downloads ... and put it on your desktop.

Insert the SD card in your reader and open it on your desktop.

Carry the firmware from the desktop to the card folder ... at the root level.

Insert in camera and carry on ....

Do not use Safari for anything other than requesting the download ... everything else should be done in Mac OS.

Good Luck,

Bob

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Your filename is not the same as Knorp's.

Looks like you have made multiple downloads of the same file ... hence the -3 in the name.

I just downloaded version 3.2 and the filename is GXUP0001.dat

Take that file .... not the one you are using ... IOW discard all the previous downloads ... and put it on your desktop.

Insert the SD card in your reader and open it on your desktop.

Carry the firmware from the desktop to the card folder ... at the root level.

Insert in camera and carry on ....

Do not use Safari for anything other than requesting the download ... everything else should be done in Mac OS.

Good Luck,

Bob

Firmware not found as you have one with the wrong name.

Bob

rollsman44

Thank you everyone. I finally got it to work. It was 2 things 1-- The 1.Dat had a 2 or 3 with it and should have only one (1. )
# 2 When I downloaded it a few times I had to remove the previous Downloads as well. Thank you again. I appreciate it.
Now I have the latest ver 3.2