The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

the Fuji MF 50Mp Rangefinder...

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
It's invisible, made from green kryptonite, so you'll lose your superpowers and maybe die if you touch it :shocked:

Thorkil

It's invisible, made from green kryptonite, so you'll lose your superpowers and maybe die if you touch it :shocked:
yes
by origin I was writing something about it was hard to be a Z-enthusiast when Fuji launch i MF rangefinder for perhaps about same price, but luckily lenses will be far more expensive.
I'm saved. But then I saw the other thread in MF threads and gave up. And I cant proces in C1 either :thumbdown:...so Nikon come and save me.....

Shashin

You won't need C1 for the GFXr files. And all you really need for a lens is the 32-64mm zoom. You can also adapt other medium-format lenses to it.

V

Vivek

yes
by origin I was writing something about it was hard to be a Z-enthusiast when Fuji launch i MF rangefinder for perhaps about same price, but luckily lenses will be far more expensive.
I'm saved. But then I saw the other thread in MF threads and gave up. And I cant proces in C1 either :thumbdown:...so Nikon come and save me.....
I do not think you need C1 for either.

Nikon warn their customers to use NX or else. :lecture:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
The market analysts at Fuji must have a whale of a time watching as people spend hours upon hours trying to figure out all kinds of **** about the camera from the image they leaked.

- The photo that you took with your ex-wife's old Nokia last week is doing fine. Can you do one more?
- Yes, no problem, should I smear some wasabi on the lens this time? The soy sauce didn't really give the right effect.

I think I'll stick with my kryptonite theory :grin:

PeterA

Anyone think this camera is a silly idea?

I read the leaked photo as a statement by the company saying..." YES we are going to launch a low cost 50 megapixel EVF only slimmed down body version of the excellent camera we already have out there"

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Anyone think this camera is a silly idea?
Well, I guess it’s worked out well for Hasselblad with the X1D. However, I do wonder about the Fuji GF lenses on such a body - it strikes me that the Fuji lenses are larger and more likely to be a poor balance on a smaller body. However, who knows until we see one?

bab

Yes maybe wait who knows what’s coming?
Phase might even release a rangefinder for 30k you can then use C1 And make lease payments on it for the next five years.

PeterA

Well, I guess it’s worked out well for Hasselblad with the X1D. However, I do wonder about the Fuji GF lenses on such a body - it strikes me that the Fuji lenses are larger and more likely to be a poor balance on a smaller body. However, who knows until we see one?
I guess it all depends on what lenses you want to hang off the thing - me I just use a wide a normal and a portrait prime kit on MF and Fuji's 3 arent large.

V

Vivek

Consider how balanced a Leica M10P would be with the current Luxes and Nocts. Apparently there is a market for such things.

iiiNelson

The 45mm and 63mm aren’t very large at all and the 32-64 is reasonably sized. The 120 macro and 110mmm are pretty large but not unreasonably so. I’m sure the 250 is pretty big but I haven’t seen it or the 23mm in person.

algrove

Trouble is both the 45 and 63 do not feature LM motors and as such if I were to buy the GFX in any form those LM lenses would be my preference.

BTW does anyone know if the 50R will have only MF?

algrove

Trouble is both the 45 and 63 do not feature LM motors and as such if I were to buy the GFX in any form those LM lenses would be my preference.

BTW does anyone know if the 50R will have only MF?
Ok, 50R is AF like the 50S.