The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji XT-3

Thorkil

PS, but the colors of the X-T3 seems less Fuji-like, less harsh contrasty than they use to do...

iiiNelson

PS, but the colors of the X-T3 seems less Fuji-like, less harsh contrasty than they use to do...
That or you’re just getting used to them... they did mention being able to customize the look of some of the film simulations to taste though.

jdphoto

Personally, I think most won't notice the differences with these new camera models being announced lately; Canon, Nikon, Fuji etc.
The tech is so good that imo, it comes down to design. I loved the XT2 when I owned it, but now prefer an OVF after using mirrorless cameras. I owned the XH1 for a day-hated that camera, so would be interested in the XPro3 with hybrid finders instead. For gear nerds, knowing when to dump your supposed out dated camera for maximum profit in anticipation of iterations of essentially the same cameras takes more skill than composing!

rayyan

Minor improvements on the exterior...for the XT-3 cf XT-2.

But a lot is going on behind the exterior.
I prefer a cam manufacturer to keep the well liked ergos, with slight tweaks to correct what customers found annoying in a previous iteration. e.g. a tweak to correct inadvertent knocking of a dial setting etc. Small but big.

The processor, the number of af points, the increase n accuracy of face/eye detect
the same battery but recording longer, without the grip, by reducing power required. Increased burst rates. Added new film simulations etc.

Newly designed digital microprism for very accurate manual focus precision.

Most might not detect differences, as pointed out. But I do.
It matters to me. Helps me better make a choice; a decision.

What no tech will do is allow one to visualize a composition, an idea, a purpose
for one’s reason to mentally have an image n create it with whatever tool being used.

I am undecided as to which, or if, I shall purchase one of the newer offerings.
But it is fun..the elimination process. And often very easy.

btw, has anyone heard the sound of the high speed continuous burst on the XH-1?
Hear the difference n then find out the reason.

Kindest regards.

iiiNelson

Minor improvements on the exterior...for the XT-3 cf XT-2.

But a lot is going on behind the exterior.
I prefer a cam manufacturer to keep the well liked ergos, with slight tweaks to correct what customers found annoying in a previous iteration. e.g. a tweak to correct inadvertent knocking of a dial setting etc. Small but big.

The processor, the number of af points, the increase n accuracy of face/eye detect
the same battery but recording longer, without the grip, by reducing power required. Increased burst rates. Added new film simulations etc.

Newly designed digital microprism for very accurate manual focus precision.

Most might not detect differences, as pointed out. But I do.
It matters to me. Helps me better make a choice; a decision.

What no tech will do is allow one to visualize a composition, an idea, a purpose
for one’s reason to mentally have an image n create it with whatever tool being used.

I am undecided as to which, or if, I shall purchase one of the newer offerings.
But it is fun..the elimination process. And often very easy.

btw, has anyone heard the sound of the high speed continuous burst on the XH-1?
Hear the difference n then find out the reason.

Kindest regards.
After watching all the marketing and impression videos surrounding the XT3, it’s clear that this camera is a significant upgrade over the XT2. Most of the upgrades could only be achieved with new/improved hardware. Obviously this isn’t the first choice for vloggers but for general photography and high quality video that doesn’t require much editing this seems to be a great choice for someone starting off fresh into MILC or existing Fujifilm owners.

rayyan

I have just been gobbling up as much info out there on all the new MILCs as I can.

More out of curiosity and educating myself; I am simply blown away by how far technology has progressed in these cameras!

I was blown away by watching the 1 hour and some long presentation by the
Panasonic guy end last year for the G9. Amazing tech!

Anyway, I came across this one for the Fuji XT-3. Level headed review. I watched the link Peter posted by the same person for the Nikon Z6/Z7...IIRC.

iiiNelson

I have just been gobbling up as much info out there on all the new MILCs as I can.

More out of curiosity and educating myself; I am simply blown away by how far technology has progressed in these cameras!

I was blown away by watching the 1 hour and some long presentation by the
Panasonic guy end last year for the G9. Amazing tech!

Anyway, I came across this one for the Fuji XT-3. Level headed review. I watched the link Peter posted by the same person for the Nikon Z6/Z7...IIRC.

Yeah... Hugh Brownstone generally has great takes on cameras and the industry as a whole. I enjoy his YouTube channel (and that of some others).

iiiNelson

Really the only glaring shortcomings of this body (for some) is lack of IBIS but that bodes well for the XH2... whenever it’s released. Looks like a great upgrade the more I read on it and one that truly is putting Fuji even closer in performance to the benefits of FF cameras in features/performance/technology. I was a bit surprised to see they released a BSI APS-C camera before Sony did though that may just mean Sony is more likely to release an “A6” that’s truly a mini-A9 with a stacked sensor. In any case the XT3 is really impressive. There’s a local event tomorrow with Fuji reps at my local camera store so I hope to be able to get a little hands on time with one.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Really the only glaring shortcomings of this body (for some) is lack of IBIS but that bodes well for the XH2... whenever it’s released. Looks like a great upgrade the more I read on it and one that truly is putting Fuji even closer in performance to the benefits of FF cameras in features/performance/technology. I was a bit surprised to see they released a BSI APS-C camera before Sony did though that may just mean Sony is more likely to release an “A6” that’s truly a mini-A9 with a stacked sensor. In any case the XT3 is really impressive. There’s a local event tomorrow with Fuji reps at my local camera store so I hope to be able to get a little hands on time with one.
The X-T3 is really impressive, especially when taking into account the superb lens lineup from Fuji for the X system.

Gives me some headache if I should add FF mirrorless (Nikon or Panasonic) to m43 or call it a day and just go full Fuji APSC for the future and the next years. IQ is right there, IBIS in the upcoming X-H2 as well, AF is pretty much on par with the bestie available in the industry - both still and video and meanwhile also video quality is top. Not to forget the Fuji color science which I love and adore.

iiiNelson

The X-T3 is really impressive, especially when taking into account the superb lens lineup from Fuji for the X system.

Gives me some headache if I should add FF mirrorless (Nikon or Panasonic) to m43 or call it a day and just go full Fuji APSC for the future and the next years. IQ is right there, IBIS in the upcoming X-H2 as well, AF is pretty much on par with the bestie available in the industry - both still and video and meanwhile also video quality is top. Not to forget the Fuji color science which I love and adore.
That or perhaps Fuji X for general photography and Fuji G for high resolution needs.

iiiNelson

So I just handled the XT3. The long and short is that it’s an improved XT2. The EVF is the same as the XH1 camera which is to say it’s very good. The camera is more responsive compared to the older Fuji X cameras and being able to focus to the edges quickly and accurately are big improvements over the older camera. I didn’t get as much hands on time as I’d liked due to the size of the crowd there (half of whom seemingly were there to see/meet The Angry Photographer) but I did get a quick view of the Fuji 200/2... in short it’s an amazing lens too and the light pearl-ish gray finish looked pretty nice on it as well.

bensonga

I am picking up a silver X-T3 and grip tomorrow. I spent some time shooting with my X-T1, 50/1.2 and 90/2 last weekend and reviewing images I have taken with it and the X-Pro1 over the past few years. Reminded again why I like the image quality and experience of using my Fuji cameras so much. Of course, I will be keeping my X-Pro1 and X-T1 since they still produce images I enjoy.

Wish I could afford the new 200/2 lens....

Gary

Last edited:

k-hawinkler

I am picking up a silver X-T3 and grip tomorrow. I spent some time shooting with my X-T1, 50/1.2 and 90/2 last weekend and reviewing images I have taken with it and the X-Pro1 over the past few years. Reminded again why I like the image quality and experience of using my Fuji cameras so much.

Wish I could afford the new 200/2 lens....

Gary

My guess, once you have the 200/2 on a Fuji camera it only will come off to get on the next new and improved Fuji camera. The image quality will be stunning, my bet. :thumbs:

bensonga

My guess, once you have the 200/2 on a Fuji camera it only will come off to get on the next new and improved Fuji camera. The image quality will be stunning, my bet. :thumbs:
I really wish I could afford a 200/2 but I would probably have to sell some gear in order to buy it and that's just not going to happen.

Gary

PeterA

The lens is a game changer for Fuji as far as matching it with SoCaNikon in tele space goes....