Site Sponsors
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Fuji XT-3

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fuji XT-3

Quote Originally Posted by Shashin View Post
    Louis, as an X Pro2 owner, I understand...
    I would have expected Fuji to be more popular that it appears to be. There is a good following for the GFX50S/R but I expected to find more enthusiasts than there appear here in the Fuji camera section. We must be a select lot!

LouisB
    -----
    "My photography books", Flickr Stream
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Threads for specific models are fine, if that model is f.i. just announced or released, but only last till the next model.
    Why not post in the specific brand thread instead ?

just my two guilders ...
    Bart ...
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

That's what happened on the Sony forum, everything moved into one thread. Still not the most active but at least one place to go look, like and comment.

I would love to post in the Fuji forums, but since I am the limit to my photographs and not my equipment it doesn't make sense to add another system to my arsenal. I already have FF and APS-C from Sony and recently added Olympus M4/3 (a gift from someone who didn't use it anymore) so I'm done hoarding equipment and concentrate on my skills and experience to make more interesting photographs, and I feel I still have a long way to go.
    My Pics
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

There is a "Fun with Fuji X" that was started to amalgamate all the seperate threads into one some time ago for this very reason. However as newer models arrived, people insisted on starting specific model threads. I got really frustrated when I had my Fuji's as the original thread then slowly died and so did the new ones. The "Fun with Medium format" works well as everybody, no matter what the make or model, posts in one place! (Sorry, rant over)!
    Regards, Alan.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlanS View Post
    There is a "Fun with Fuji X" that was started to amalgamate all the seperate threads into one some time ago for this very reason. However as newer models arrived, people insisted on starting specific model threads. I got really frustrated when I had my Fuji's as the original thread then slowly died and so did the new ones. The "Fun with Medium format" works well as everybody, no matter what the make or model, posts in one place! (Sorry, rant over)!
    Personally, I think the Mount Fuji Active is probably the best thread to consolidate on and in future I think I'll post there, as there is already someone posting with the XF10.

LouisB
    -----

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Maybe just ask the mods to merge the Fuji threads. It is a little confusing. On one hand, I can see the attraction of having model or generation specific threads and I am happy to contribute. On the other, one Fuji thread is fun too. Or two threads, one for X series cameras, the other for GFX. I am pretty sure Fuji is not looking for a new product line.

Did someone actually buy an XF10 after the pasting DPreview gave it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

..yes, there are not that much crowded with Fuji-pictures, so I'm in too for having one commen thread for all Fuji-pictures..
    so I think either we should all join into the Mount Fuji Active or create a new thread "Fun with Fuji Cameras", just like in the Sony thread, as long as we all join in
    and hope that this will unite all the Fuji-force... , ..while it ought to be..

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

IMHO we should keep Fuji X and GFX gear and images in separate threads.
    With best regards, K-H.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-hawinkler View Post
    I completely agree! Otherwise you always need to scan through images that could be of no potential interest except for the artistic sake.
    Life is an ever changing journey
    http://photography.tomsu.eu/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/peter_...tography/sets/

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-hawinkler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
    I completely agree! Otherwise you always need to scan through images that could be of no potential interest except for the artistic sake.
    FCOL - you guys have opposite intentions for the same preference ... 🤨

FTSOI - I think I'll start my very own private thread ...
    Bart ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

...as long as one state the camera and lens used (perhaps iso, shutterspeed and aperture is too extravagant ) one can always judge according to that..
    so there will be no obvious problem, I think.
    Else there will be risk of it all ending up in minor or no activity (and it seems to be in its way to decline...).
    So I'm convinced (for now) that getting together will make the activity stronger (I hope), and perhaps more free-spinning, and a more "united-feeling" perhaps too...
    with room for silly pictures and un-silly pictures as well..
    just my feeling..
    (PS while even though I'm a devoted Z7 owner, the Fuji's are just such cool camera's (and lenses) that I won't dream of selling..specially my X-T3 (which I have to polite ask my son to borrow once in a while ) )

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thorkil View Post
    ...as long as one state the camera and lens used (perhaps iso, shutterspeed and aperture is too extravagant ) one can always judge according to that..
    so there will be no obvious problem, I think.
    Else there will be risk of it all ending up in minor or no activity (and it seems to be in its way to decline...).
    So I'm convinced (for now) that getting together will make the activity stronger (I hope), and perhaps more free-spinning, and a more "united-feeling" perhaps too...
    with room for silly pictures and un-silly pictures as well..
    just my feeling..
    (PS while even though I'm a devoted Z7 owner, the Fuji's are just such cool camera's (and lenses) that I won't dream of selling..specially my X-T3 (which I have to polite ask my son to borrow once in a while ) )
    Sorry, but I do not share this opinion.

If that happens then I will start whatever thread I want if I need to ....

I hope that is what you want?
    Life is an ever changing journey
    http://photography.tomsu.eu/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/peter_...tography/sets/

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Sorry, but I do not share this opinion.

If that happens then I will start whatever thread I want if I need to ....

I hope that is what you want?
    Well Peter, no I don't have any particular goal, other than I would like to see more activity in the Fuji forum in general (well I'm to blame too, while not posting for the time being). And my thought was just simple, that people feel a bit lonely in too many different Fuji-threads because of simple lack of activity. In other brand-threads the moderator therefore sometimes used to merge them, after the news-value had declined.
    So it was just a simple merge-proposal to ensure that people didn't need to bother their mind, with where shall I put it?, the X-thread, the X-pro2&X-T2 thread, the X-T3 or the new Mount Fuji Active. With my X-T3 I now have 3 choises, the same with my X-T2....so I have to consider....(instead of just posting..), so one could say it was only a proposal to prevent headache (and I think Bart might have been about in the same mindset when creating the Mount Fuji Active thread)
    best thorkil

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thorkil View Post
    Well Peter, no I don't have any particular goal, other than I would like to see more activity in the Fuji forum in general (well I'm to blame too, while not posting for the time being). And my thought was just simple, that people feel a bit lonely in too many different Fuji-threads because of simple lack of activity. In other brand-threads the moderator therefore sometimes used to merge them, after the news-value had declined.
    So it was just a simple merge-proposal to ensure that people didn't need to bother their mind, with where shall I put it?, the X-thread, the X-pro2&X-T2 thread, the X-T3 or the new Mount Fuji Active. With my X-T3 I now have 3 choises, the same with my X-T2....so I have to consider....(instead of just posting..), so one could say it was only a proposal to prevent headache (and I think Bart might have been about in the same mindset when creating the Mount Fuji Active thread)
    best thorkil
    I know it's hard to be a Fuji shooter from my own past with that brand and several models. There are some real Fuji lovers (me included) but unfortunately more Fuji haters.

Good luck to all of you with posting successfully

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

There are some real Fuji lovers (me included) but unfortunately more Fuji haters.
    Why the black & white populistic polarisation? I think it's a real horrid social media and internet phenomena to paint everything in such a way. There's probably minimum two orders of magnitude shades of grey in the middle (at least 50 ). I think most GetDPI members do appreciate what the Fuji shooters present here (APS-C or MF) but the fact they don't buy into the system doesn't mean they're Fuji haters. I actually think there are very few people who do that. In the end it's all about the photo's, not equipment.
    My Pics
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Why "hate" a camera brand? People killing other people seems like a good reason to have strong emotions, rather a personal consumer choice. The sounding board of the intertrons is very deceptive. I would not put much weight into it.
    Will

http://www.hakusancreation.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pegelli View Post
    Why the black & white populistic polarisation? I think it's a real horrid social media and internet phenomena to paint everything in such a way. There's probably minimum two orders of magnitude shades of grey in the middle (at least 50 ). I think most GetDPI members do appreciate what the Fuji shooters present here (APS-C or MF) but the fact they don't buy into the system doesn't mean they're Fuji haters. I actually think there are very few people who do that. In the end it's all about the photo's, not equipment.
    I hear you, albeit I don't believe it anymore ....

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

I hear you, albeit I don't believe it anymore ....
    Your loss, just imagine how nice the world is if we stop listening to the black and white thinkers and enjoy our differences.
    My Pics

Post Thanks / Like

Your loss, just imagine how nice the world is if we stop listening to the black and white thinkers and enjoy our differences.
    Well, I can live with that

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I can live with that
    You know Peter, it's actually really strange. I watch most threads here on GetDPI and there is more complaining about "haters" and people bashing brands than there are actual posts which come even close to doing such things, and this includes all brands, not just Fuji. And that is not hard to believe, just check the facts it and you'll come to the same conclusion. And if you do you might even believe what I said a few posts up If not so be it but I think you'll be a happier man when you do.
    My Pics

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

You know Peter, it's actually really strange. I watch most threads here on GetDPI and there is more complaining about "haters" and people bashing brands than there are actual posts which come even close to doing such things, and this includes all brands, not just Fuji. And that is not hard to believe, just check the facts it and you'll come to the same conclusion. And if you do you might even believe what I said a few posts up If not so be it but I think you'll be a happier man when you do.
    Yeah I agree that most people generally respect most camera brands but many people have issues with the “zealots” of a brand - fair or unfair. I think if you correct a little “too much” you get labeled a “fanboy/fangirl” because you find tangible work arounds for your workflow.

Me personally i like Fuji products but I do admit I have some build quality concerns that make me hesitant to jump into that pool. I generally have mixed feeling about their marketing and releasing products regularly with unfinished software development AKA the firmware roadmaps when often their direct competitors ship with features comparable to Fuji Firmware upgrades at product launch. Outside of that I have little personal issues with Fujifilm and wouldn’t mind something like the GFX system being added into my kit at some point. I also have higher hopes for the XH2 once released. Most of their other products don’t do much for me but I acknowledge they’re highly capable.
    Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com

Post Thanks / Like

I really love Fuji because of their company philosophy (cameras), their colour science and the way these cameras got better so fast over the past years.

When I was shooting the X-T2 I had several posts in here and yes I got a lot of positive feedback, but on top of the there was always these comments like worm artefacts etc., which BTW I almost never noticed myself as I was processing my files differently than those complaining. BTW the same people are shooting with other systems that have much more issues and constraints than Fuji. And these people ar for me naysayers, haters, you name it.

So this is why I am where I am now. I could not care less about certain people's opinions and just move forward with what fits me and with what I love.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

I could not care less about certain people's opinions and just move forward with what fits me and with what I love.
    Do you really want us to believe that? If this is how you feel I think complaining about a majority of "Fuji haters" (which actually don't exist here) is a big contradiction.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 'no dog in this fight' as I no longer have any active Fuji cameras (but I do like them).

If it's all about a photo, then I think that it's best posted in a 'Fun With a Fuji' thread (such as 'Mount Fuji Active',
    but with maybe a subdivision for MF?) so long as at least the camera model (and lens?) is stated.

For ME - I frequent this forum for the photographs, but I am sometimes interested to read
    the opinions of the many objective heads here on new equipment that I MIGHT want to own.

There's a limit to how much time I want to spend sitting in front of my computer screen
    scrolling down loads of brand subdivisions of different models, looking for photographs.

If it is about the equipment, then a specific thread heading for whatever the equipment is
    would be fine - I can choose to dive in or ignore it.
    Ian.
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I've only just read this thread since posting my comment about being confused where to put Fuji X-T3 photos. My preference would be to use the 'Fun with Fuji X' thread for X cameras and keep 'Mount Fuji Active' for the MF cameras (because it is such a cool name).

Just my two cents.

LouisB
    -----
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post