Site Sponsors
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 151 to 200 of 209

Thread: Fuji XT-3

  1. #151
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    biglouis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,565
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by Shashin View Post
    Louis, as an X Pro2 owner, I understand...
    I would have expected Fuji to be more popular that it appears to be. There is a good following for the GFX50S/R but I expected to find more enthusiasts than there appear here in the Fuji camera section. We must be a select lot!

    LouisB
    -----
    "My photography books", Flickr Stream
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

  2. #152
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Knorp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,995
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Threads for specific models are fine, if that model is f.i. just announced or released, but only last till the next model.
    Why not post in the specific brand thread instead ?

    just my two guilders ...
    Bart ...
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  3. #153
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    pegelli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3,768
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    That's what happened on the Sony forum, everything moved into one thread. Still not the most active but at least one place to go look, like and comment.

    I would love to post in the Fuji forums, but since I am the limit to my photographs and not my equipment it doesn't make sense to add another system to my arsenal. I already have FF and APS-C from Sony and recently added Olympus M4/3 (a gift from someone who didn't use it anymore) so I'm done hoarding equipment and concentrate on my skills and experience to make more interesting photographs, and I feel I still have a long way to go.
    My Pics
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  4. #154
    Senior Member AlanS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,826
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    There is a "Fun with Fuji X" that was started to amalgamate all the seperate threads into one some time ago for this very reason. However as newer models arrived, people insisted on starting specific model threads. I got really frustrated when I had my Fuji's as the original thread then slowly died and so did the new ones. The "Fun with Medium format" works well as everybody, no matter what the make or model, posts in one place! (Sorry, rant over)!
    Regards, Alan.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  5. #155
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    biglouis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,565
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanS View Post
    There is a "Fun with Fuji X" that was started to amalgamate all the seperate threads into one some time ago for this very reason. However as newer models arrived, people insisted on starting specific model threads. I got really frustrated when I had my Fuji's as the original thread then slowly died and so did the new ones. The "Fun with Medium format" works well as everybody, no matter what the make or model, posts in one place! (Sorry, rant over)!
    Personally, I think the Mount Fuji Active is probably the best thread to consolidate on and in future I think I'll post there, as there is already someone posting with the XF10.

    LouisB
    -----
    "My photography books", Flickr Stream
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  6. #156
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Shashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Missouri, USA
    Posts
    5,586
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    150

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Maybe just ask the mods to merge the Fuji threads. It is a little confusing. On one hand, I can see the attraction of having model or generation specific threads and I am happy to contribute. On the other, one Fuji thread is fun too. Or two threads, one for X series cameras, the other for GFX. I am pretty sure Fuji is not looking for a new product line.

    Did someone actually buy an XF10 after the pasting DPreview gave it?






  7. #157
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    A bit north of Copenhagen
    Posts
    2,177
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    789

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    ..yes, there are not that much crowded with Fuji-pictures, so I'm in too for having one commen thread for all Fuji-pictures..
    so I think either we should all join into the Mount Fuji Active or create a new thread "Fun with Fuji Cameras", just like in the Sony thread, as long as we all join in
    and hope that this will unite all the Fuji-force... , ..while it ought to be..

  8. #158
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    k-hawinkler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The "Land of Enchantment"
    Posts
    4,741
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    IMHO we should keep Fuji X and GFX gear and images in separate threads.
    With best regards, K-H.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  9. #159
    Workshop Member ptomsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Austria, close to Vienna
    Posts
    4,882
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by k-hawinkler View Post
    IMHO we should keep Fuji X and GFX gear and images in separate threads.
    I completely agree! Otherwise you always need to scan through images that could be of no potential interest except for the artistic sake.
    Life is an ever changing journey
    http://photography.tomsu.eu/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/peter_...tography/sets/
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  10. #160
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Knorp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,995
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by k-hawinkler View Post
    IMHO we should keep Fuji X and GFX gear and images in separate threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
    I completely agree! Otherwise you always need to scan through images that could be of no potential interest except for the artistic sake.
    FCOL - you guys have opposite intentions for the same preference ... 🤨




    FTSOI - I think I'll start my very own private thread ...
    Bart ...

  11. #161
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    A bit north of Copenhagen
    Posts
    2,177
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    789

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    ...as long as one state the camera and lens used (perhaps iso, shutterspeed and aperture is too extravagant ) one can always judge according to that..
    so there will be no obvious problem, I think.
    Else there will be risk of it all ending up in minor or no activity (and it seems to be in its way to decline...).
    So I'm convinced (for now) that getting together will make the activity stronger (I hope), and perhaps more free-spinning, and a more "united-feeling" perhaps too...
    with room for silly pictures and un-silly pictures as well..
    just my feeling..
    (PS while even though I'm a devoted Z7 owner, the Fuji's are just such cool camera's (and lenses) that I won't dream of selling..specially my X-T3 (which I have to polite ask my son to borrow once in a while ) )
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  12. #162
    Workshop Member ptomsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Austria, close to Vienna
    Posts
    4,882
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorkil View Post
    ...as long as one state the camera and lens used (perhaps iso, shutterspeed and aperture is too extravagant ) one can always judge according to that..
    so there will be no obvious problem, I think.
    Else there will be risk of it all ending up in minor or no activity (and it seems to be in its way to decline...).
    So I'm convinced (for now) that getting together will make the activity stronger (I hope), and perhaps more free-spinning, and a more "united-feeling" perhaps too...
    with room for silly pictures and un-silly pictures as well..
    just my feeling..
    (PS while even though I'm a devoted Z7 owner, the Fuji's are just such cool camera's (and lenses) that I won't dream of selling..specially my X-T3 (which I have to polite ask my son to borrow once in a while ) )
    Sorry, but I do not share this opinion.

    If that happens then I will start whatever thread I want if I need to ....

    I hope that is what you want?
    Life is an ever changing journey
    http://photography.tomsu.eu/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/peter_...tography/sets/
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  13. #163
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    A bit north of Copenhagen
    Posts
    2,177
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    789

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
    Sorry, but I do not share this opinion.

    If that happens then I will start whatever thread I want if I need to ....

    I hope that is what you want?
    Well Peter, no I don't have any particular goal, other than I would like to see more activity in the Fuji forum in general (well I'm to blame too, while not posting for the time being). And my thought was just simple, that people feel a bit lonely in too many different Fuji-threads because of simple lack of activity. In other brand-threads the moderator therefore sometimes used to merge them, after the news-value had declined.
    So it was just a simple merge-proposal to ensure that people didn't need to bother their mind, with where shall I put it?, the X-thread, the X-pro2&X-T2 thread, the X-T3 or the new Mount Fuji Active. With my X-T3 I now have 3 choises, the same with my X-T2....so I have to consider....(instead of just posting..), so one could say it was only a proposal to prevent headache (and I think Bart might have been about in the same mindset when creating the Mount Fuji Active thread)
    best thorkil
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  14. #164
    Workshop Member ptomsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Austria, close to Vienna
    Posts
    4,882
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorkil View Post
    Well Peter, no I don't have any particular goal, other than I would like to see more activity in the Fuji forum in general (well I'm to blame too, while not posting for the time being). And my thought was just simple, that people feel a bit lonely in too many different Fuji-threads because of simple lack of activity. In other brand-threads the moderator therefore sometimes used to merge them, after the news-value had declined.
    So it was just a simple merge-proposal to ensure that people didn't need to bother their mind, with where shall I put it?, the X-thread, the X-pro2&X-T2 thread, the X-T3 or the new Mount Fuji Active. With my X-T3 I now have 3 choises, the same with my X-T2....so I have to consider....(instead of just posting..), so one could say it was only a proposal to prevent headache (and I think Bart might have been about in the same mindset when creating the Mount Fuji Active thread)
    best thorkil
    I know it's hard to be a Fuji shooter from my own past with that brand and several models. There are some real Fuji lovers (me included) but unfortunately more Fuji haters.

    Good luck to all of you with posting successfully

  15. #165
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    pegelli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3,768
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
    There are some real Fuji lovers (me included) but unfortunately more Fuji haters.
    Why the black & white populistic polarisation? I think it's a real horrid social media and internet phenomena to paint everything in such a way. There's probably minimum two orders of magnitude shades of grey in the middle (at least 50 ). I think most GetDPI members do appreciate what the Fuji shooters present here (APS-C or MF) but the fact they don't buy into the system doesn't mean they're Fuji haters. I actually think there are very few people who do that. In the end it's all about the photo's, not equipment.
    My Pics
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  16. #166
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Shashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Missouri, USA
    Posts
    5,586
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    150

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Why "hate" a camera brand? People killing other people seems like a good reason to have strong emotions, rather a personal consumer choice. The sounding board of the intertrons is very deceptive. I would not put much weight into it.
    Will

    http://www.hakusancreation.com
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  17. #167
    Workshop Member ptomsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Austria, close to Vienna
    Posts
    4,882
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by pegelli View Post
    Why the black & white populistic polarisation? I think it's a real horrid social media and internet phenomena to paint everything in such a way. There's probably minimum two orders of magnitude shades of grey in the middle (at least 50 ). I think most GetDPI members do appreciate what the Fuji shooters present here (APS-C or MF) but the fact they don't buy into the system doesn't mean they're Fuji haters. I actually think there are very few people who do that. In the end it's all about the photo's, not equipment.
    I hear you, albeit I don't believe it anymore ....

  18. #168
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    pegelli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3,768
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
    I hear you, albeit I don't believe it anymore ....
    Your loss, just imagine how nice the world is if we stop listening to the black and white thinkers and enjoy our differences.
    My Pics
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  19. #169
    Workshop Member ptomsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Austria, close to Vienna
    Posts
    4,882
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by pegelli View Post
    Your loss, just imagine how nice the world is if we stop listening to the black and white thinkers and enjoy our differences.
    Well, I can live with that

  20. #170
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    pegelli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3,768
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
    Well, I can live with that
    You know Peter, it's actually really strange. I watch most threads here on GetDPI and there is more complaining about "haters" and people bashing brands than there are actual posts which come even close to doing such things, and this includes all brands, not just Fuji. And that is not hard to believe, just check the facts it and you'll come to the same conclusion. And if you do you might even believe what I said a few posts up If not so be it but I think you'll be a happier man when you do.
    My Pics
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  21. #171
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    iiiNelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,697
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by pegelli View Post
    You know Peter, it's actually really strange. I watch most threads here on GetDPI and there is more complaining about "haters" and people bashing brands than there are actual posts which come even close to doing such things, and this includes all brands, not just Fuji. And that is not hard to believe, just check the facts it and you'll come to the same conclusion. And if you do you might even believe what I said a few posts up If not so be it but I think you'll be a happier man when you do.
    Yeah I agree that most people generally respect most camera brands but many people have issues with the “zealots” of a brand - fair or unfair. I think if you correct a little “too much” you get labeled a “fanboy/fangirl” because you find tangible work arounds for your workflow.

    Me personally i like Fuji products but I do admit I have some build quality concerns that make me hesitant to jump into that pool. I generally have mixed feeling about their marketing and releasing products regularly with unfinished software development AKA the firmware roadmaps when often their direct competitors ship with features comparable to Fuji Firmware upgrades at product launch. Outside of that I have little personal issues with Fujifilm and wouldn’t mind something like the GFX system being added into my kit at some point. I also have higher hopes for the XH2 once released. Most of their other products don’t do much for me but I acknowledge they’re highly capable.
    Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com

  22. #172
    Workshop Member ptomsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Austria, close to Vienna
    Posts
    4,882
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    I really love Fuji because of their company philosophy (cameras), their colour science and the way these cameras got better so fast over the past years.

    When I was shooting the X-T2 I had several posts in here and yes I got a lot of positive feedback, but on top of the there was always these comments like worm artefacts etc., which BTW I almost never noticed myself as I was processing my files differently than those complaining. BTW the same people are shooting with other systems that have much more issues and constraints than Fuji. And these people ar for me naysayers, haters, you name it.

    So this is why I am where I am now. I could not care less about certain people's opinions and just move forward with what fits me and with what I love.

  23. #173
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    pegelli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3,768
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
    I could not care less about certain people's opinions and just move forward with what fits me and with what I love.
    Do you really want us to believe that? If this is how you feel I think complaining about a majority of "Fuji haters" (which actually don't exist here) is a big contradiction.

  24. #174
    Senior Member Elderly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    563
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    I have 'no dog in this fight' as I no longer have any active Fuji cameras (but I do like them).

    If it's all about a photo, then I think that it's best posted in a 'Fun With a Fuji' thread (such as 'Mount Fuji Active',
    but with maybe a subdivision for MF?) so long as at least the camera model (and lens?) is stated.

    For ME - I frequent this forum for the photographs, but I am sometimes interested to read
    the opinions of the many objective heads here on new equipment that I MIGHT want to own.

    There's a limit to how much time I want to spend sitting in front of my computer screen
    scrolling down loads of brand subdivisions of different models, looking for photographs.

    If it is about the equipment, then a specific thread heading for whatever the equipment is
    would be fine - I can choose to dive in or ignore it.
    Ian.
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  25. #175
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    biglouis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,565
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    I've only just read this thread since posting my comment about being confused where to put Fuji X-T3 photos. My preference would be to use the 'Fun with Fuji X' thread for X cameras and keep 'Mount Fuji Active' for the MF cameras (because it is such a cool name).

    Just my two cents.

    LouisB
    -----
    "My photography books", Flickr Stream
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

  26. #176
    Senior Member DougDolde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Joshua Tree, CA
    Posts
    980
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    I just ordered a black X-T3 and two lenses all in like new condition from mpb.com.
    XF 10-24mm f/4 R OIS
    XF 18-55mm f/2.8-4 R LM OIS
    All for $2270 US
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

  27. #177
    Senior Member DougDolde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Joshua Tree, CA
    Posts
    980
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by biglouis View Post
    I would have expected Fuji to be more popular that it appears to be. There is a good following for the GFX50S/R but I expected to find more enthusiasts than there appear here in the Fuji camera section. We must be a select lot!

    LouisB
    This forum for the most part is dedicated to Dante's Megapixel addicts.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  28. #178
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    biglouis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,565
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by DougDolde View Post
    I just ordered a black X-T3 and two lenses all in like new condition from mpb.com.
    XF 10-24mm f/4 R OIS
    XF 18-55mm f/2.8-4 R LM OIS
    All for $2270 US
    Good choice. Both excellent lenses and the OIS is particularly good.

    Today, I had delivered an ex-demo X-H1, with grip and 3 batteries, to use as a second body and from MBP the 23/2 and 16/1.4. I have to test them all to make sure they are OK. MBP were a good choice last time (I bought my 10-24 and 55-200 from them) and with no quibble they took back the 10-24 and exchanged it when I was unsure about its centering and sent me a good replacement.

    BTW, I would highly recommend the 55-200 if you don't already have it as it rounds off the two lenses you have very nicely.
    Last edited by biglouis; 27th January 2020 at 05:09.
    -----
    "My photography books", Flickr Stream
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  29. #179
    Workshop Member ptomsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Austria, close to Vienna
    Posts
    4,882
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by DougDolde View Post
    I just ordered a black X-T3 and two lenses all in like new condition from mpb.com.
    XF 10-24mm f/4 R OIS
    XF 18-55mm f/2.8-4 R LM OIS
    All for $2270 US
    Great choice! Enjoy!
    Life is an ever changing journey
    http://photography.tomsu.eu/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/peter_...tography/sets/
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  30. #180
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Don Libby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    32° 31' 37.06" N, 111° 6' 0.9" W
    Posts
    4,659
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    37

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Just returned from a trip to Death Valley using the XT3 and a 8-16 and 18-80 both are great lenses. I missed my GFX100 at first however this little camera is quit capable of getting great images.
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  31. #181
    Senior Member DougDolde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Joshua Tree, CA
    Posts
    980
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by biglouis View Post
    Good choice. Both excellent lenses and the OIS is particularly good.
    BTW, I would highly recommend the 55-200 if you don't already have it as it rounds off the two lenses you have very nicely.
    I'm think more like the 90mm f2

    The Tattooed Monkey (his words) loves it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9op2Nnw_Y40
    Last edited by DougDolde; 28th January 2020 at 09:35.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  32. #182
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    3,061
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    52

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    people prefer talking to posting images - the MF fun with was a smart idea because it was brand agnostic so a bunch of people post shots and all the BS blah blah blah talk about gear crapola gets shoved into threads one can safely IGNORE
    Other forums have 'fun with' every possible stupid iteration of a camera that was ever made - it is a big fail for me this and I am sure that it makes it difficult for people to see photographs since searching through all these different model threads is a requirement - I know I feel guilty of not showing appreciation for stuff I've missed because I havent checked 50 threads!

    funniest thing I've read on here for a while ( apart from Doug actually buying a camera that isn't a Nikon !! ) is a couple of dudes complaining about another forum being 'unfriendly' and one of them sucking up a weeks worth of bandwidth - and he still hasn't posted a photo - as I said blah blahblah - blah blah blah..

    I take my hat off to the blokes who support the site and encourage posters who post an image - irrespective of camera make - you know who you are
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  33. #183
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    A bit north of Copenhagen
    Posts
    2,177
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    789

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by DougDolde View Post
    I'm think more like the 90mm f2
    the 90/2 is simply pure magic!, able to render like a fairytale..

    ps. just a small rehearsal with the 90/2, for Doug (well the weather did contribute too)

    Last edited by Thorkil; 27th January 2020 at 21:56.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 9 Member(s) liked this post

  34. #184
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Melbourne AU
    Posts
    514
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    91

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Well said Pete. I think we should revisit the conversation we had previously that the "Fun with the Fuji X" is about APS-C pictures and the "Mount Fuji Active" is about MF Fuji pictures. If we're going to have them in a Fuji sub-forum then it would be nice to have them in those two places...and I have been guilty otherwise with some of the X-Pro 3 stuff


    Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
    people prefer talking to posting images - the MF fun with was a smart idea because it was brand agnostic so a bunch of people post shots and all the BS blah blah blah talk about gear crapola gets shoved into threads one can safely IGNORE
    Other forums have 'fun with' every possible stupid iteration of a camera that was ever made - it is a big fail for me this and I am sure that it makes it difficult for people to see photographs since searching through all these different model threads is a requirement - I know I feel guilty of not showing appreciation for stuff I've missed because I havent checked 50 threads!

    funniest thing I've read on here for a while ( apart from Doug actually buying a camera that isn't a Nikon !! ) is a couple of dudes complaining about another forum being 'unfriendly' and one of them sucking up a weeks worth of bandwidth - and he still hasn't posted a photo - as I said blah blahblah - blah blah blah..

    I take my hat off to the blokes who support the site and encourage posters who post an image - irrespective of camera make - you know who you are
    Instagram
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  35. #185
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Melbourne AU
    Posts
    514
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    91

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    That really is a very nice picture...it creates a conundrum for me as I try to decide which longer and which shorter lens to buy. I wish you hadn't posted it

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorkil View Post
    the 90/2 is simply pure magic!, able to render like a fairytale..

    ps. just a small rehearsal with the 90/2, for Doug (well the weather did contribute too)

    Instagram
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  36. #186
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    pegelli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3,768
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Beautiful image Thorkil

    And Peter, I agree, bad mouthing another forum here is bad form. You're never going to get both sides of the story so it's utterly useless.

    And to be able to see all images posted (my appreciation for photos is gear agnostic) I just use the "What's New" button at the left/top of the screen and just view all the posts that seem to have photos in them.
    My Pics
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post

  37. #187
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    3,061
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    52

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by pegelli View Post
    Beautiful image Thorkil

    And Peter, I agree, bad mouthing another forum here is bad form. You're never going to get both sides of the story so it's utterly useless.

    And to be able to see all images posted (my appreciation for photos is gear agnostic) I just use the "What's New" button at the left/top of the screen and just view all the posts that seem to have photos in them.
    Thanks for alerting me to the whats new button! However if one doesn't log in for a day or a few days...I guess you keep scrolling through list...

  38. #188
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    3,061
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    52

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by Pelorus View Post
    Well said Pete. I think we should revisit the conversation we had previously that the "Fun with the Fuji X" is about APS-C pictures and the "Mount Fuji Active" is about MF Fuji pictures. If we're going to have them in a Fuji sub-forum then it would be nice to have them in those two places...and I have been guilty otherwise with some of the X-Pro 3 stuff
    Good idea- I'd be even more radical but that is just me!!!

    I'd have three threads in my ideal forum:

    1. Post your picks and (if you like as a help to viewers ) details of camera/lens etc eg any camera / lens in Fuji with Fuji lens or other..in fact I'd call the thread "Fuji cameras V Anythings else (show us your pictures)" thread
    2. Camera and gear discussion emphasis on as much photographic 'evidence' as possible/useful to support statements made ...
    3. Other/ helpful links/interesting reading

    I think Bart's Mt Fuji Active is the #1 best 'single type thread' in the forum and I will always post there (if and I post anywhere else with GFX) - I'm not an ARAT shooter so I feel embarrassed sometimes posting in MF thread tbh....( I feel off topic') in MF land - all the time! LOL

    Pete
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  39. #189
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    pegelli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3,768
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
    Thanks for alerting me to the whats new button! However if one doesn't log in for a day or a few days...I guess you keep scrolling through list...
    Since most photo's are concentrated in dedicated threads scrolling up will show the older ones that you may have missed during a longer absence. It's not 100% watertight, but so be it.
    My Pics
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  40. #190
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Knorp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,995
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
    Good idea- I'd be even more radical but that is just me!!!

    I'd have three threads in my ideal forum:

    1. Post your picks and (if you like as a help to viewers ) details of camera/lens etc eg any camera / lens in Fuji with Fuji lens or other..in fact I'd call the thread "Fuji cameras V Anythings else (show us your pictures)" thread
    2. Camera and gear discussion emphasis on as much photographic 'evidence' as possible/useful to support statements made ...
    3. Other/ helpful links/interesting reading

    I think Bart's Mt Fuji Active is the #1 best 'single type thread' in the forum and I will always post there (if and I post anywhere else with GFX) - I'm not an ARAT shooter so I feel embarrassed sometimes posting in MF thread tbh....( I feel off topic') in MF land - all the time! LOL

    Pete
    My intention was one single generic thread for all types of Fuji cameras, more or less just like there is one thread for all brands & types of MF cameras.
    If Fuji shooters feel uncomfortable mixing APS-C with MF images in one thread, it's fine for me to have separate threads, but I think it a pity especially with the low traffic here in mind.
    After all it's about the content, right ?

    Krgds.
    Bart ...
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  41. #191
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    A bit north of Copenhagen
    Posts
    2,177
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    789

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    thanks for kind remarks.
    If I should part with a lot of my Fuji-equipment, I would keep the X-T3 + 16/1.4 + the 90/2 thats it (+ the X-E3 with the 18/2 - for handy street and "no-photo-mood")
    (For my part, just one Fuji thread Fun with Fuji, where all pictures and discussions could take place. Then perhaps there would be more concentrated activity I should think. Or, ok if insisted, just 2, perhaps just one "Fun with GFX/MF" and one "Fun with Fuji X - etc." )

  42. #192
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    3,061
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    52

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by Knorp View Post
    My intention was one single generic thread for all types of Fuji cameras, more or less just like there is one thread for all brands & types of MF cameras.
    If Fuji shooters feel uncomfortable mixing APS-C with MF images in one thread, it's fine for me to have separate threads, but I think it a pity especially with the low traffic here in mind.
    After all it's about the content, right ?

    Krgds.
    Great idea!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  43. #193
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Knorp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,995
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
    Great idea!
    Hence "Mount Fuji Active" ...

    You have to excuse me for not having an APS-C type of Fuji camera (my bad), therefore only posting my GFX images in the aforementioned thread.
    But I'd say every Fuji shooter with any type of Fuji camera is more than welcome there.

    Let's face it: there are already more than enough threads bearing the slightly boring title 'Fun With ...'
    Bart ...
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

  44. #194
    Senior Member Elderly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    563
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by Knorp View Post
    "Mount Fuji Active"
    ....... I'd say every Fuji shooter with any type of Fuji camera is more than welcome there.

    .... will dig into my S5Pro archive
    Ian.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  45. #195
    Senior Member DougDolde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Joshua Tree, CA
    Posts
    980
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post

    funniest thing I've read on here for a while ( apart from Doug actually buying a camera that isn't a Nikon !! )
    I realized how hard it is to sell big prints. The X-T3 will make a good 20x30 at 208 dpi, very sufficient. A 16x24 is a piece of cake.

    You don't need 300 dpi, 150 dpi is a recommended minimum from my experience. Plus I already have a few hundred high resolution files from Aptus 75S, IQ180, and D850 if I want to print really big
    Last edited by DougDolde; 28th January 2020 at 17:00.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  46. #196
    Senior Member DougDolde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Joshua Tree, CA
    Posts
    980
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Has anyone used the in-camera panorama stitching? I assume this only saves jpgs not raw files. Seems like you could get quite large files especially stitching verticals.

  47. #197
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    3,061
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    52

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by DougDolde View Post
    Has anyone used the in-camera panorama stitching? I assume this only saves jpgs not raw files. Seems like you could get quite large files especially stitching verticals.
    dont really do panoramas with the 'toy camera' - but here is an example of a happy snap out of it....

    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

  48. #198
    Senior Member DougDolde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Joshua Tree, CA
    Posts
    980
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    The X-T3 is very small. How many use it with the battery grip? I'll have to decide
    If I want one or not the Really Right Stuff L brackets are different for both

  49. #199
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    3,061
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    52

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by DougDolde View Post
    The X-T3 is very small. How many use it with the battery grip? I'll have to decide
    If I want one or not the Really Right Stuff L brackets are different for both
    I've got one and dont use it - because I dont shoot with a lens longer than 56mm on the XT-3. I wouldn't use a RRS thingy ether - because I prefer the small Arca enabled plates from Peak Designs where I attach a handgrip to and can (if pigs ever fly) - also use a tripod.

  50. #200
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Melbourne AU
    Posts
    514
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    91

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Which handgrip do you attached to the Peak Design plate Pete?


    Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
    I've got one and dont use it - because I dont shoot with a lens longer than 56mm on the XT-3. I wouldn't use a RRS thingy ether - because I prefer the small Arca enabled plates from Peak Designs where I attach a handgrip to and can (if pigs ever fly) - also use a tripod.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •