The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji XT-3

rayyan

Maybe I praised Fuji for their XP n XT systems prematurely.

I might have been over zealous.

It is rumored ( ? ) that the XT-3 does not have Ibis!

If this is true, then like I mentioned...a Japanese camera monopoly shortchanging gullible ‘us ‘ any way they can.

Sad.

iiiNelson

If this is true, then like I mentioned...a Japanese camera monopoly shortchanging gullible ‘us ‘ any way they can.

Sad.
I think the mentioned that IBIS was going to be exclusive to the XH line. The XT is supposed to become less expensive though than it was in the past.

ptomsu

Workshop Member

Sad.
IBIS is only X-H1 and later models ....

no IBIS the rest of Fuji cameras ...

very simple indeed!

iiiNelson

That makes sense.
Also it looks like they may be using an updated and modified A6500 OSPDAF sensor for the XT3 based on the 425 AF points spread across pretty much the whole sensor. If so that will solve a lot of issues I had with the current sensor... now if we could get them to put out honest ISO data for all of their cameras.

rayyan

Interesting times indeed.

For me the choices seem so unfair! :D

I skipped the XT-2.

If doing mostly street, I have the XP2.
Heavy lenses..the XH-1.

I have all the lenses I need...from the 14-90mm.

XT-3 price around $1500...Surely there will be rebates come Dec.

Hmmm, interesting times indeed.

p.s in a moment of madness, I got me a Gitzo traveler and an Arca-Swiss P0 ball head. Now to make use of it!
A XT-3 is surely necessary, no?

Sweet :thumbs:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Interesting times indeed.

For me the choices seem so unfair! :D

I skipped the XT-2.

If doing mostly street, I have the XP2.
Heavy lenses..the XH-1.

I have all the lenses I need...from the 14-90mm.

XT-3 price around $1500...Surely there will be rebates come Dec.

Hmmm, interesting times indeed.

p.s in a moment of madness, I got me a Gitzo traveler and an Arca-Swiss P0 ball head. Now to make use of it!
A XT-3 is surely necessary, no?
When I say sweet, I mean it. However, I don't like what Fuji does with the files at high ISO. I didn't when I was a Fuji user with the S3 and S5, and I don't now. It's unfortunate, for this new camera is a bargain. I would rather have a Df though. Or a Z6 :)

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Unfortunately I could not be less interested anymore. How times change, this was totally different some few months ago, but now with 3 FF mirrorless vendors on the plane and me shooting currently m43 I will definitely not go APSC anymore. A complement to m43 has to be FF for me.

Unfortunate because Fuji seems slowly to get on the right track with the X-T3 and especially the X-H1, can only imagine that the soon to be announced X-H2 will be an almost perfect camera :cool:

Anyway for now I would prefer either a Z6 or Z7 as my FF mirrorless camera (from all available FF mirrorless offerings available today) but will wait some time to get the S lens lineup more complete and better suited for my needs.

Actually I have won some time :D:cool::thumbs:

Last edited:

iiiNelson

Unfortunately I could not be less interested anymore. How times change, this was totally different some few months ago, but now with 3 FF mirrorless vendors on the plane and me shooting currently m43 I will definitely not go APSC anymore. A complement to m43 has to be FF for me.

Unfortunate because Fuji seems slowly to get on the right track with the X-T3 and especially the X-H1, can only imagine that the soon to be announced X-H2 will be an almost perfect camera :cool:

Anyway for now I would prefer either a Z6 or Z7 as my FF mirrorless camera (from all available FF mirrorless offerings available today) but will wait some time to get the S lens lineup more complete and better suited for my needs.

Actually I have won some time :D:cool::thumbs:
Waiting seems to be the best option for most people looking to get into SOME Mirrorless system.

iiiNelson

Looks like they fixed a lot of the issues people had with the previous camera and the 100% coverage for AF points is a huge thing for Fuji cameras. AF Tracking seems to be a lot better too even in a preproduction model.

https://youtu.be/A0Nr8qVdXDQ

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Looks like a good offering at a slightly more affordable price. Now if only they were able to put this new technology into the XH1 body from the get go...

https://jonasraskphotography.com/2018/09/06/fujifilm-x-t3-review-next-generation-x/
"The X-T3 is a very serious mirrorless camera. And with ins conception I see no reason why I would buy a full frame mirrorless camera."

A very valid point, and although I don't like Fuji's high ISO jpegs, this is a camera that it's not easy to write off, particularly when price is a consideration.

rayyan

Methinks that now is the time to exercise patience, lock up my cc, and just watch n read the story unfold.

Like I said before, technology improvements can only be incremental. And no one camera will satisfy everyone or be the end all holy grail most wish for.

So Thorkil..let the games begin. I shall cheer everyone on!

Best.

No....(I would surely recommend a simple Z7/6 instead, Rayyan :angel:)
KR

Thorkil

Methinks that now is the time to exercise patience, lock up my cc, and just watch n read the story unfold.

Like I said before, technology improvements can only be incremental. And no one camera will satisfy everyone or be the end all holy grail most wish for.

So Thorkil..let the games begin. I shall cheer everyone on!

Best.
Rayyan, yes I would like to do the same, but because of economic reasons I would like to buy a Nikon Z in my company before I go to pension, and the incomes drops, therefore I'm willing to gamble at some compromises.
I'm better of with Nikon in daily use, I feel more secure handling Nikon compared to Fuji. But even though its the X-T2 I use at the daily visiting the building-project I'm at, while its smaller, more handsome than the Df, and with the XF 10-24 on, compared to the Tamron 15-30, the difference is huge.
I'm just using single spot AF, and perhaps joystick once in a while, but else just prefocus, compose, shot, which is rather simple and unproblematic in both camera's (and in my brain too, while standing on a roof). I have problems getting the auto-iso in the T2 to react as sure as the Df, while it wont adjust as I would like it to do, totally auto. But then the EVF helps you to see the under-/over exposition, and I just adjust the shutter. So I dont need fancy systems.
As you know I'm way more attached to the rendering of the Df, while Fuji do it too hard, too strong, too harsh.
Compared to the Df the Z, I presume, will be a bit more Fuji-like, higher contrasts, but with smoother transition at the contrast areas, which is eminent crucial.
So I might be ready for a few lenses at the Z, 14-30/4, 20 or 24 and perhaps then jump to 85 (plus the kit-zoom 24-70 for now)(and perhaps skip the 35 + 50 and put on the FX 24/1.8G with adapter for temporarily use until the other will come) ...and let the Df do the rest, (and supply the Df with a Tamron 100-400, which render very smooth and Df-like (you should perhaps try this for travelling) - so then I'm fully covered at the Df). And then I might dump the Fuji system(except the X-E3+18+27mm), if the Z will be well functioning for me and can replace the X-T2.
That might be my plan (for now)
(hush, but in some weak and exaggerated mental moments I am considering a X1D+just and only a tiny little 21/4 instead of a Z7-system, but its not rather cheep..and then I hurry to do a mentally shut down because I cant cope with such considerations)
best thorkil

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Fuji is doing something that is probably very smart and that I fall for totally:
They let a great photographer like Jonas Rask try the camera out over time, publishing some really good photos on his website. I couldn't care less if he's biased or that he could probably have taken most of those photos with more or less any advanced camera. He still makes me want to buy the Fuji. I've had his "review" up in a tab of my browser since the camera was launched.

https://jonasraskphotography.com/2018/09/06/fujifilm-x-t3-review-next-generation-x/

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Fuji is doing something that is probably very smart and that I fall for totally:
They let a great photographer like Jonas Rask try the camera out over time, publishing some really good photos on his website. I couldn't care less if he's biased or that he could probably have taken most of those photos with more or less any advanced camera. He still makes me want to buy the Fuji. I've had his "review" up in a tab of my browser since the camera was launched.

Fuji has done this all the time at least since the X-T1 - have some photographers most of them Fuji ambassadors shoot with their cameras before launch and write a review or make a short youtube video. Always of course these reviews are kind of impressive and making readers/viewers want to buy their cameras. And they appear just in masses shortly after the launch, so once your attention is caught you can easily follow up and get even more hooked up. Nothing bad about that strategy at all - as long as you are aware of what's happening.

I myself was drawn into the Fuji X-T1 and X-T2 through such great marketing, so I feel myself guilty! But both cameras were mostly up to my wishes and needs at the time being so again nothing wrong for me!

For the X-T3 in my personal case this became more difficult. First I am pretty solid settled in m43 and enjoy shooting my Olympus gear. Second I am looking for a FF complement to m43 that makes Fuji and the X-T3 almost just a no go. Although otherwise the X-T3 ticks almost all the boxes of features I currently want or require and this for a very attractive price.

I think I would need to make up my mind and decide if instead of shooting m43 and some FF in the future I could better live and survive with just 1 system - Fuji X - and then the X-T3 in combination with a for sure soon to be announced X-H2 would be my cameras to go for the next years. This of course is a difficult decision and currently I must admit I am by no means up to decide - so I stay with what I shoot today :clap:

Thorkil

Yes, Jonas Rask are doing some extraordinary good pictures, but that he has always done, and I guess that he could do that with any camera... :toocool: (even a Df:grin: or a Z7/6:shocked:)