The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji XT-3

Thorkil

...as long as one state the camera and lens used (perhaps iso, shutterspeed and aperture is too extravagant :) ) one can always judge according to that..
so there will be no obvious problem, I think.
Else there will be risk of it all ending up in minor or no activity (and it seems to be in its way to decline...).
So I'm convinced (for now) that getting together will make the activity stronger (I hope), and perhaps more free-spinning, and a more "united-feeling" perhaps too...
with room for silly pictures:shocked: and un-silly pictures as well..
just my feeling..:angel:
(PS while even though I'm a devoted Z7 owner, the Fuji's are just such cool camera's (and lenses) that I won't dream of selling..specially my X-T3 (which I have to polite ask my son to borrow once in a while:lecture: ) )

ptomsu

Workshop Member
...as long as one state the camera and lens used (perhaps iso, shutterspeed and aperture is too extravagant :) ) one can always judge according to that..
so there will be no obvious problem, I think.
Else there will be risk of it all ending up in minor or no activity (and it seems to be in its way to decline...).
So I'm convinced (for now) that getting together will make the activity stronger (I hope), and perhaps more free-spinning, and a more "united-feeling" perhaps too...
with room for silly pictures:shocked: and un-silly pictures as well..
just my feeling..:angel:
(PS while even though I'm a devoted Z7 owner, the Fuji's are just such cool camera's (and lenses) that I won't dream of selling..specially my X-T3 (which I have to polite ask my son to borrow once in a while:lecture: ) )
Sorry, but I do not share this opinion.

If that happens then I will start whatever thread I want if I need to ....

I hope that is what you want?

Thorkil

Sorry, but I do not share this opinion.

If that happens then I will start whatever thread I want if I need to ....

I hope that is what you want?
Well Peter, no I don't have any particular goal, other than I would like to see more activity in the Fuji forum in general (well I'm to blame too, while not posting for the time being). And my thought was just simple, that people feel a bit lonely in too many different Fuji-threads because of simple lack of activity. In other brand-threads the moderator therefore sometimes used to merge them, after the news-value had declined.
So it was just a simple merge-proposal to ensure that people didn't need to bother their mind, with where shall I put it?, the X-thread, the X-pro2&X-T2 thread, the X-T3 or the new Mount Fuji Active. With my X-T3 I now have 3 choises, the same with my X-T2....so I have to consider....(instead of just posting..), so one could say it was only a proposal to prevent headache :cool: (and I think Bart might have been about in the same mindset when creating the Mount Fuji Active thread)
best thorkil

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Well Peter, no I don't have any particular goal, other than I would like to see more activity in the Fuji forum in general (well I'm to blame too, while not posting for the time being). And my thought was just simple, that people feel a bit lonely in too many different Fuji-threads because of simple lack of activity. In other brand-threads the moderator therefore sometimes used to merge them, after the news-value had declined.
So it was just a simple merge-proposal to ensure that people didn't need to bother their mind, with where shall I put it?, the X-thread, the X-pro2&X-T2 thread, the X-T3 or the new Mount Fuji Active. With my X-T3 I now have 3 choises, the same with my X-T2....so I have to consider....(instead of just posting..), so one could say it was only a proposal to prevent headache :cool: (and I think Bart might have been about in the same mindset when creating the Mount Fuji Active thread)
best thorkil
I know it's hard to be a Fuji shooter from my own past with that brand and several models. There are some real Fuji lovers (me included) but unfortunately more Fuji haters.

Good luck to all of you with posting successfully :thumbs:

pegelli

There are some real Fuji lovers (me included) but unfortunately more Fuji haters.
Why the black & white populistic polarisation? I think it's a real horrid social media and internet phenomena to paint everything in such a way. There's probably minimum two orders of magnitude shades of grey in the middle (at least 50 ;) ). I think most GetDPI members do appreciate what the Fuji shooters present here (APS-C or MF) but the fact they don't buy into the system doesn't mean they're Fuji haters. I actually think there are very few people who do that. In the end it's all about the photo's, not equipment.

Shashin

Why "hate" a camera brand? People killing other people seems like a good reason to have strong emotions, rather a personal consumer choice. The sounding board of the intertrons is very deceptive. I would not put much weight into it.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Why the black & white populistic polarisation? I think it's a real horrid social media and internet phenomena to paint everything in such a way. There's probably minimum two orders of magnitude shades of grey in the middle (at least 50 ;) ). I think most GetDPI members do appreciate what the Fuji shooters present here (APS-C or MF) but the fact they don't buy into the system doesn't mean they're Fuji haters. I actually think there are very few people who do that. In the end it's all about the photo's, not equipment.
I hear you, albeit I don't believe it anymore ....

pegelli

Well, I can live with that ;)
You know Peter, it's actually really strange. I watch most threads here on GetDPI and there is more complaining about "haters" and people bashing brands than there are actual posts which come even close to doing such things, and this includes all brands, not just Fuji. And that is not hard to believe, just check the facts it and you'll come to the same conclusion. And if you do you might even believe what I said a few posts up :toocool: If not so be it but I think you'll be a happier man when you do. :angel:

iiiNelson

You know Peter, it's actually really strange. I watch most threads here on GetDPI and there is more complaining about "haters" and people bashing brands than there are actual posts which come even close to doing such things, and this includes all brands, not just Fuji. And that is not hard to believe, just check the facts it and you'll come to the same conclusion. And if you do you might even believe what I said a few posts up :toocool: If not so be it but I think you'll be a happier man when you do. :angel:
Yeah I agree that most people generally respect most camera brands but many people have issues with the “zealots” of a brand - fair or unfair. I think if you correct a little “too much” you get labeled a “fanboy/fangirl” because you find tangible work arounds for your workflow.

Me personally i like Fuji products but I do admit I have some build quality concerns that make me hesitant to jump into that pool. I generally have mixed feeling about their marketing and releasing products regularly with unfinished software development AKA the firmware roadmaps when often their direct competitors ship with features comparable to Fuji Firmware upgrades at product launch. Outside of that I have little personal issues with Fujifilm and wouldn’t mind something like the GFX system being added into my kit at some point. I also have higher hopes for the XH2 once released. Most of their other products don’t do much for me but I acknowledge they’re highly capable.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
I really love Fuji because of their company philosophy (cameras), their colour science and the way these cameras got better so fast over the past years.

When I was shooting the X-T2 I had several posts in here and yes I got a lot of positive feedback, but on top of the there was always these comments like worm artefacts etc., which BTW I almost never noticed myself as I was processing my files differently than those complaining. BTW the same people are shooting with other systems that have much more issues and constraints than Fuji. And these people ar for me naysayers, haters, you name it.

So this is why I am where I am now. I could not care less about certain people's opinions and just move forward with what fits me and with what I love.

pegelli

I could not care less about certain people's opinions and just move forward with what fits me and with what I love.
Do you really want us to believe that? If this is how you feel I think complaining about a majority of "Fuji haters" (which actually don't exist here) is a big contradiction.

Elderly

I have 'no dog in this fight' as I no longer have any active Fuji cameras (but I do like them).

If it's all about a photo, then I think that it's best posted in a 'Fun With a Fuji' thread (such as 'Mount Fuji Active',
but with maybe a subdivision for MF?) so long as at least the camera model (and lens?) is stated.

For ME - I frequent this forum for the photographs, but I am sometimes interested to read
the opinions of the many objective heads here on new equipment that I MIGHT want to own.

There's a limit to how much time I want to spend sitting in front of my computer screen
scrolling down loads of brand subdivisions of different models, looking for photographs.

If it is about the equipment, then a specific thread heading for whatever the equipment is
would be fine - I can choose to dive in or ignore it.

biglouis

I've only just read this thread since posting my comment about being confused where to put Fuji X-T3 photos. My preference would be to use the 'Fun with Fuji X' thread for X cameras and keep 'Mount Fuji Active' for the MF cameras (because it is such a cool name).

Just my two cents.

LouisB

DougDolde

I just ordered a black X-T3 and two lenses all in like new condition from mpb.com.
XF 10-24mm f/4 R OIS
XF 18-55mm f/2.8-4 R LM OIS
All for $2270 US

DougDolde

I would have expected Fuji to be more popular that it appears to be. There is a good following for the GFX50S/R but I expected to find more enthusiasts than there appear here in the Fuji camera section. We must be a select lot!

LouisB
This forum for the most part is dedicated to Dante's Megapixel addicts.

biglouis

I just ordered a black X-T3 and two lenses all in like new condition from mpb.com.
XF 10-24mm f/4 R OIS
XF 18-55mm f/2.8-4 R LM OIS
All for $2270 US
Good choice. Both excellent lenses and the OIS is particularly good.

Today, I had delivered an ex-demo X-H1, with grip and 3 batteries, to use as a second body and from MBP the 23/2 and 16/1.4. I have to test them all to make sure they are OK. MBP were a good choice last time (I bought my 10-24 and 55-200 from them) and with no quibble they took back the 10-24 and exchanged it when I was unsure about its centering and sent me a good replacement.

BTW, I would highly recommend the 55-200 if you don't already have it as it rounds off the two lenses you have very nicely.

Last edited:

Don Libby

Just returned from a trip to Death Valley using the XT3 and a 8-16 and 18-80 both are great lenses. I missed my GFX100 at first however this little camera is quit capable of getting great images.