The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji XT-3

PeterA

people prefer talking to posting images - the MF fun with was a smart idea because it was brand agnostic so a bunch of people post shots and all the BS blah blah blah talk about gear crapola gets shoved into threads one can safely IGNORE
Other forums have 'fun with' every possible stupid iteration of a camera that was ever made - it is a big fail for me this and I am sure that it makes it difficult for people to see photographs since searching through all these different model threads is a requirement - I know I feel guilty of not showing appreciation for stuff I've missed because I havent checked 50 threads!

funniest thing I've read on here for a while ( apart from Doug actually buying a camera that isn't a Nikon !! :bugeyes::ROTFL:) is a couple of dudes complaining about another forum being 'unfriendly' and one of them sucking up a weeks worth of bandwidth - and he still hasn't posted a photo - as I said blah blahblah - blah blah blah..

I take my hat off to the blokes who support the site and encourage posters who post an image - irrespective of camera make - you know who you are:thumbup:

Pelorus

Well said Pete. I think we should revisit the conversation we had previously that the "Fun with the Fuji X" is about APS-C pictures and the "Mount Fuji Active" is about MF Fuji pictures. If we're going to have them in a Fuji sub-forum then it would be nice to have them in those two places...and I have been guilty otherwise with some of the X-Pro 3 stuff :eek:

people prefer talking to posting images - the MF fun with was a smart idea because it was brand agnostic so a bunch of people post shots and all the BS blah blah blah talk about gear crapola gets shoved into threads one can safely IGNORE
Other forums have 'fun with' every possible stupid iteration of a camera that was ever made - it is a big fail for me this and I am sure that it makes it difficult for people to see photographs since searching through all these different model threads is a requirement - I know I feel guilty of not showing appreciation for stuff I've missed because I havent checked 50 threads!

funniest thing I've read on here for a while ( apart from Doug actually buying a camera that isn't a Nikon !! :bugeyes::ROTFL:) is a couple of dudes complaining about another forum being 'unfriendly' and one of them sucking up a weeks worth of bandwidth - and he still hasn't posted a photo - as I said blah blahblah - blah blah blah..

I take my hat off to the blokes who support the site and encourage posters who post an image - irrespective of camera make - you know who you are:thumbup:

Pelorus

That really is a very nice picture...it creates a conundrum for me as I try to decide which longer and which shorter lens to buy. I wish you hadn't posted it :D

the 90/2 is simply pure magic!, able to render like a fairytale..

ps. just a small rehearsal with the 90/2, for Doug (well the weather did contribute too)

pegelli

Beautiful image Thorkil :thumbup:

And Peter, I agree, bad mouthing another forum here is bad form. You're never going to get both sides of the story so it's utterly useless.

And to be able to see all images posted (my appreciation for photos is gear agnostic) I just use the "What's New" button at the left/top of the screen and just view all the posts that seem to have photos in them.

PeterA

Beautiful image Thorkil :thumbup:

And Peter, I agree, bad mouthing another forum here is bad form. You're never going to get both sides of the story so it's utterly useless.

And to be able to see all images posted (my appreciation for photos is gear agnostic) I just use the "What's New" button at the left/top of the screen and just view all the posts that seem to have photos in them.
Thanks for alerting me to the whats new button! However if one doesn't log in for a day or a few days...I guess you keep scrolling through list...

PeterA

Well said Pete. I think we should revisit the conversation we had previously that the "Fun with the Fuji X" is about APS-C pictures and the "Mount Fuji Active" is about MF Fuji pictures. If we're going to have them in a Fuji sub-forum then it would be nice to have them in those two places...and I have been guilty otherwise with some of the X-Pro 3 stuff :eek:
Good idea- I'd be even more radical but that is just me!!! :ROTFL:

I'd have three threads in my ideal forum:

1. Post your picks and (if you like as a help to viewers ) details of camera/lens etc eg any camera / lens in Fuji with Fuji lens or other..in fact I'd call the thread "Fuji cameras V Anythings else (show us your pictures)" thread
2. Camera and gear discussion emphasis on as much photographic 'evidence' as possible/useful to support statements made ...
3. Other/ helpful links/interesting reading

I think Bart's Mt Fuji Active is the #1 best 'single type thread' in the forum and I will always post there (if and I post anywhere else with GFX) - I'm not an ARAT shooter so I feel embarrassed sometimes posting in MF thread tbh....( I feel off topic') in MF land - all the time! LOL

Pete

pegelli

Thanks for alerting me to the whats new button! However if one doesn't log in for a day or a few days...I guess you keep scrolling through list...
Since most photo's are concentrated in dedicated threads scrolling up will show the older ones that you may have missed during a longer absence. It's not 100% watertight, but so be it.

Knorp

Good idea- I'd be even more radical but that is just me!!! :ROTFL:

I'd have three threads in my ideal forum:

1. Post your picks and (if you like as a help to viewers ) details of camera/lens etc eg any camera / lens in Fuji with Fuji lens or other..in fact I'd call the thread "Fuji cameras V Anythings else (show us your pictures)" thread
2. Camera and gear discussion emphasis on as much photographic 'evidence' as possible/useful to support statements made ...
3. Other/ helpful links/interesting reading

I think Bart's Mt Fuji Active is the #1 best 'single type thread' in the forum and I will always post there (if and I post anywhere else with GFX) - I'm not an ARAT shooter so I feel embarrassed sometimes posting in MF thread tbh....( I feel off topic') in MF land - all the time! LOL

Pete
My intention was one single generic thread for all types of Fuji cameras, more or less just like there is one thread for all brands & types of MF cameras.
If Fuji shooters feel uncomfortable mixing APS-C with MF images in one thread, it's fine for me to have separate threads, but I think it a pity especially with the low traffic here in mind.
After all it's about the content, right ?

Krgds.

Thorkil

thanks for kind remarks.
If I should part with a lot of my Fuji-equipment, I would keep the X-T3 + 16/1.4 + the 90/2 thats it (+ the X-E3 with the 18/2 - for handy street and "no-photo-mood")
(For my part, just one Fuji thread Fun with Fuji, where all pictures and discussions could take place. Then perhaps there would be more concentrated activity I should think. Or, ok if insisted, just 2, perhaps just one "Fun with GFX/MF" and one "Fun with Fuji X - etc." )

PeterA

My intention was one single generic thread for all types of Fuji cameras, more or less just like there is one thread for all brands & types of MF cameras.
If Fuji shooters feel uncomfortable mixing APS-C with MF images in one thread, it's fine for me to have separate threads, but I think it a pity especially with the low traffic here in mind.
After all it's about the content, right ?

Krgds.
Great idea!:thumbup:

Knorp

Great idea!:thumbup:
Hence "Mount Fuji Active" ... :rolleyes:

You have to excuse me for not having an APS-C type of Fuji camera (my bad), therefore only posting my GFX images in the aforementioned thread.
But I'd say every Fuji shooter with any type of Fuji camera is more than welcome there.

:banghead: Let's face it: there are already more than enough threads bearing the slightly boring title 'Fun With ...' :sleep:

DougDolde

funniest thing I've read on here for a while ( apart from Doug actually buying a camera that isn't a Nikon !! :bugeyes::ROTFL:)
I realized how hard it is to sell big prints. The X-T3 will make a good 20x30 at 208 dpi, very sufficient. A 16x24 is a piece of cake.

You don't need 300 dpi, 150 dpi is a recommended minimum from my experience. Plus I already have a few hundred high resolution files from Aptus 75S, IQ180, and D850 if I want to print really big

Last edited:

DougDolde

Has anyone used the in-camera panorama stitching? I assume this only saves jpgs not raw files. Seems like you could get quite large files especially stitching verticals.

PeterA

Has anyone used the in-camera panorama stitching? I assume this only saves jpgs not raw files. Seems like you could get quite large files especially stitching verticals.
dont really do panoramas with the 'toy camera' - but here is an example of a happy snap out of it....

DougDolde

The X-T3 is very small. How many use it with the battery grip? I'll have to decide
If I want one or not the Really Right Stuff L brackets are different for both

PeterA

The X-T3 is very small. How many use it with the battery grip? I'll have to decide
If I want one or not the Really Right Stuff L brackets are different for both
I've got one and dont use it - because I dont shoot with a lens longer than 56mm on the XT-3. I wouldn't use a RRS thingy ether - because I prefer the small Arca enabled plates from Peak Designs where I attach a handgrip to and can (if pigs ever fly) - also use a tripod.

Pelorus

Which handgrip do you attached to the Peak Design plate Pete?

I've got one and dont use it - because I dont shoot with a lens longer than 56mm on the XT-3. I wouldn't use a RRS thingy ether - because I prefer the small Arca enabled plates from Peak Designs where I attach a handgrip to and can (if pigs ever fly) - also use a tripod.