Site Sponsors
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 175

Thread: Fuji XT-3

  1. #1
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,451
    Post Thanks / Like

    Fuji XT-3

    Maybe I praised Fuji for their XP n XT systems prematurely.

    I might have been over zealous.

    It is rumored ( ? ) that the XT-3 does not have Ibis!

    If this is true, then like I mentioned...a Japanese camera monopoly shortchanging gullible ‘us ‘ any way they can.

    Sad.

  2. #2
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    iiiNelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,536
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Maybe I praised Fuji for their XP n XT systems prematurely.

    I might have been over zealous.

    It is rumored ( ? ) that the XT-3 does not have Ibis!

    If this is true, then like I mentioned...a Japanese camera monopoly shortchanging gullible Ďus Ď any way they can.

    Sad.
    I think the mentioned that IBIS was going to be exclusive to the XH line. The XT is supposed to become less expensive though than it was in the past.
    Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

  3. #3
    Workshop Member ptomsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Austria, close to Vienna
    Posts
    4,747
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Maybe I praised Fuji for their XP n XT systems prematurely.

    I might have been over zealous.

    It is rumored ( ? ) that the XT-3 does not have Ibis!

    If this is true, then like I mentioned...a Japanese camera monopoly shortchanging gullible Ďus Ď any way they can.

    Sad.
    IBIS is only X-H1 and later models ....

    no IBIS the rest of Fuji cameras ...

    very simple indeed!
    Life is an ever changing journey
    http://photography.tomsu.eu/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/peter_...tography/sets/
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

  4. #4
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,451
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    That makes sense.

  5. #5
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    iiiNelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,536
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    That makes sense.
    Also it looks like they may be using an updated and modified A6500 OSPDAF sensor for the XT3 based on the 425 AF points spread across pretty much the whole sensor. If so that will solve a lot of issues I had with the current sensor... now if we could get them to put out honest ISO data for all of their cameras.
    Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  6. #6
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    10,773
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2514

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Sweet

  7. #7
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,451
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Interesting times indeed.

    For me the choices seem so unfair!

    I skipped the XT-2.

    If doing mostly street, I have the XP2.
    Heavy lenses..the XH-1.

    I have all the lenses I need...from the 14-90mm.

    XT-3 price around $1500...Surely there will be rebates come Dec.

    Hmmm, interesting times indeed.

    p.s in a moment of madness, I got me a Gitzo traveler and an Arca-Swiss P0 ball head. Now to make use of it!
    A XT-3 is surely necessary, no?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Sweet
    koffee & kamera
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    A bit north of Copenhagen
    Posts
    2,048
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    763

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    A XT-3 is surely necessary, no?
    No....(I would surely recommend a simple Z7/6 instead, Rayyan )
    KR
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

  9. #9
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    10,773
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2514

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Interesting times indeed.

    For me the choices seem so unfair!

    I skipped the XT-2.

    If doing mostly street, I have the XP2.
    Heavy lenses..the XH-1.

    I have all the lenses I need...from the 14-90mm.

    XT-3 price around $1500...Surely there will be rebates come Dec.

    Hmmm, interesting times indeed.

    p.s in a moment of madness, I got me a Gitzo traveler and an Arca-Swiss P0 ball head. Now to make use of it!
    A XT-3 is surely necessary, no?
    When I say sweet, I mean it. However, I don't like what Fuji does with the files at high ISO. I didn't when I was a Fuji user with the S3 and S5, and I don't now. It's unfortunate, for this new camera is a bargain. I would rather have a Df though. Or a Z6

  10. #10
    Workshop Member ptomsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Austria, close to Vienna
    Posts
    4,747
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Unfortunately I could not be less interested anymore. How times change, this was totally different some few months ago, but now with 3 FF mirrorless vendors on the plane and me shooting currently m43 I will definitely not go APSC anymore. A complement to m43 has to be FF for me.

    Unfortunate because Fuji seems slowly to get on the right track with the X-T3 and especially the X-H1, can only imagine that the soon to be announced X-H2 will be an almost perfect camera

    Anyway for now I would prefer either a Z6 or Z7 as my FF mirrorless camera (from all available FF mirrorless offerings available today) but will wait some time to get the S lens lineup more complete and better suited for my needs.

    Actually I have won some time
    Last edited by ptomsu; 6th September 2018 at 02:01.
    Life is an ever changing journey
    http://photography.tomsu.eu/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/peter_...tography/sets/
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  11. #11
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    iiiNelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,536
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Looks like a good offering at a slightly more affordable price. Now if only they were able to put this new technology into the XH1 body from the get go...

    https://jonasraskphotography.com/201...-generation-x/
    Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  12. #12
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    iiiNelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,536
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
    Unfortunately I could not be less interested anymore. How times change, this was totally different some few months ago, but now with 3 FF mirrorless vendors on the plane and me shooting currently m43 I will definitely not go APSC anymore. A complement to m43 has to be FF for me.

    Unfortunate because Fuji seems slowly to get on the right track with the X-T3 and especially the X-H1, can only imagine that the soon to be announced X-H2 will be an almost perfect camera

    Anyway for now I would prefer either a Z6 or Z7 as my FF mirrorless camera (from all available FF mirrorless offerings available today) but will wait some time to get the S lens lineup more complete and better suited for my needs.

    Actually I have won some time
    Waiting seems to be the best option for most people looking to get into SOME Mirrorless system.
    Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    296
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    I don't see any reason to upgrade from my XT2.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  14. #14
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    iiiNelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,536
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Looks like they fixed a lot of the issues people had with the previous camera and the 100% coverage for AF points is a huge thing for Fuji cameras. AF Tracking seems to be a lot better too even in a preproduction model.

    https://youtu.be/A0Nr8qVdXDQ
    Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com

  15. #15
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    10,773
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2514

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by iiiNelson View Post
    Looks like a good offering at a slightly more affordable price. Now if only they were able to put this new technology into the XH1 body from the get go...

    https://jonasraskphotography.com/201...-generation-x/
    "The X-T3 is a very serious mirrorless camera. And with ins conception I see no reason why I would buy a full frame mirrorless camera."

    A very valid point, and although I don't like Fuji's high ISO jpegs, this is a camera that it's not easy to write off, particularly when price is a consideration.

  16. #16
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,451
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Methinks that now is the time to exercise patience, lock up my cc, and just watch n read the story unfold.

    Like I said before, technology improvements can only be incremental. And no one camera will satisfy everyone or be the end all holy grail most wish for.

    So Thorkil..let the games begin. I shall cheer everyone on!

    Best.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorkil View Post
    No....(I would surely recommend a simple Z7/6 instead, Rayyan )
    KR
    koffee & kamera
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    A bit north of Copenhagen
    Posts
    2,048
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    763

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Methinks that now is the time to exercise patience, lock up my cc, and just watch n read the story unfold.

    Like I said before, technology improvements can only be incremental. And no one camera will satisfy everyone or be the end all holy grail most wish for.

    So Thorkil..let the games begin. I shall cheer everyone on!

    Best.
    Rayyan, yes I would like to do the same, but because of economic reasons I would like to buy a Nikon Z in my company before I go to pension, and the incomes drops, therefore I'm willing to gamble at some compromises.
    I'm better of with Nikon in daily use, I feel more secure handling Nikon compared to Fuji. But even though its the X-T2 I use at the daily visiting the building-project I'm at, while its smaller, more handsome than the Df, and with the XF 10-24 on, compared to the Tamron 15-30, the difference is huge.
    I'm just using single spot AF, and perhaps joystick once in a while, but else just prefocus, compose, shot, which is rather simple and unproblematic in both camera's (and in my brain too, while standing on a roof). I have problems getting the auto-iso in the T2 to react as sure as the Df, while it wont adjust as I would like it to do, totally auto. But then the EVF helps you to see the under-/over exposition, and I just adjust the shutter. So I dont need fancy systems.
    As you know I'm way more attached to the rendering of the Df, while Fuji do it too hard, too strong, too harsh.
    Compared to the Df the Z, I presume, will be a bit more Fuji-like, higher contrasts, but with smoother transition at the contrast areas, which is eminent crucial.
    So I might be ready for a few lenses at the Z, 14-30/4, 20 or 24 and perhaps then jump to 85 (plus the kit-zoom 24-70 for now)(and perhaps skip the 35 + 50 and put on the FX 24/1.8G with adapter for temporarily use until the other will come) ...and let the Df do the rest, (and supply the Df with a Tamron 100-400, which render very smooth and Df-like (you should perhaps try this for travelling) - so then I'm fully covered at the Df). And then I might dump the Fuji system(except the X-E3+18+27mm), if the Z will be well functioning for me and can replace the X-T2.
    That might be my plan (for now)
    (hush, but in some weak and exaggerated mental moments I am considering a X1D+just and only a tiny little 21/4 instead of a Z7-system, but its not rather cheep..and then I hurry to do a mentally shut down because I cant cope with such considerations)
    best thorkil
    Last edited by Thorkil; 6th September 2018 at 23:33. Reason: oh, my spelling
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

  18. #18
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    10,773
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2514

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Fuji is doing something that is probably very smart and that I fall for totally:
    They let a great photographer like Jonas Rask try the camera out over time, publishing some really good photos on his website. I couldn't care less if he's biased or that he could probably have taken most of those photos with more or less any advanced camera. He still makes me want to buy the Fuji. I've had his "review" up in a tab of my browser since the camera was launched.

    https://jonasraskphotography.com/201...-generation-x/

  19. #19
    Workshop Member ptomsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Austria, close to Vienna
    Posts
    4,747
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Fuji is doing something that is probably very smart and that I fall for totally:
    They let a great photographer like Jonas Rask try the camera out over time, publishing some really good photos on his website. I couldn't care less if he's biased or that he could probably have taken most of those photos with more or less any advanced camera. He still makes me want to buy the Fuji. I've had his "review" up in a tab of my browser since the camera was launched.

    https://jonasraskphotography.com/201...-generation-x/
    Fuji has done this all the time at least since the X-T1 - have some photographers most of them Fuji ambassadors shoot with their cameras before launch and write a review or make a short youtube video. Always of course these reviews are kind of impressive and making readers/viewers want to buy their cameras. And they appear just in masses shortly after the launch, so once your attention is caught you can easily follow up and get even more hooked up. Nothing bad about that strategy at all - as long as you are aware of what's happening.

    I myself was drawn into the Fuji X-T1 and X-T2 through such great marketing, so I feel myself guilty! But both cameras were mostly up to my wishes and needs at the time being so again nothing wrong for me!

    For the X-T3 in my personal case this became more difficult. First I am pretty solid settled in m43 and enjoy shooting my Olympus gear. Second I am looking for a FF complement to m43 that makes Fuji and the X-T3 almost just a no go. Although otherwise the X-T3 ticks almost all the boxes of features I currently want or require and this for a very attractive price.

    I think I would need to make up my mind and decide if instead of shooting m43 and some FF in the future I could better live and survive with just 1 system - Fuji X - and then the X-T3 in combination with a for sure soon to be announced X-H2 would be my cameras to go for the next years. This of course is a difficult decision and currently I must admit I am by no means up to decide - so I stay with what I shoot today
    Life is an ever changing journey
    http://photography.tomsu.eu/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/peter_...tography/sets/
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    A bit north of Copenhagen
    Posts
    2,048
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    763

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Fuji is doing something that is probably very smart and that I fall for totally:
    They let a great photographer like Jonas Rask try the camera out over time, publishing some really good photos on his website. I couldn't care less if he's biased or that he could probably have taken most of those photos with more or less any advanced camera. He still makes me want to buy the Fuji. I've had his "review" up in a tab of my browser since the camera was launched.

    https://jonasraskphotography.com/201...-generation-x/
    Yes, Jonas Rask are doing some extraordinary good pictures, but that he has always done, and I guess that he could do that with any camera... (even a Df or a Z7/6)
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  21. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    A bit north of Copenhagen
    Posts
    2,048
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    763

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    PS, but the colors of the X-T3 seems less Fuji-like, less harsh contrasty than they use to do...

  22. #22
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    iiiNelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,536
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorkil View Post
    PS, but the colors of the X-T3 seems less Fuji-like, less harsh contrasty than they use to do...
    That or youíre just getting used to them... they did mention being able to customize the look of some of the film simulations to taste though.
    Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com

  23. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    958
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Personally, I think most won't notice the differences with these new camera models being announced lately; Canon, Nikon, Fuji etc.
    The tech is so good that imo, it comes down to design. I loved the XT2 when I owned it, but now prefer an OVF after using mirrorless cameras. I owned the XH1 for a day-hated that camera, so would be interested in the XPro3 with hybrid finders instead. For gear nerds, knowing when to dump your supposed out dated camera for maximum profit in anticipation of iterations of essentially the same cameras takes more skill than composing!
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  24. #24
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,451
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Minor improvements on the exterior...for the XT-3 cf XT-2.

    But a lot is going on behind the exterior.
    I prefer a cam manufacturer to keep the well liked ergos, with slight tweaks to correct what customers found annoying in a previous iteration. e.g. a tweak to correct inadvertent knocking of a dial setting etc. Small but big.

    The processor, the number of af points, the increase n accuracy of face/eye detect
    the same battery but recording longer, without the grip, by reducing power required. Increased burst rates. Added new film simulations etc.

    Newly designed digital microprism for very accurate manual focus precision.

    Most might not detect differences, as pointed out. But I do.
    It matters to me. Helps me better make a choice; a decision.

    What no tech will do is allow one to visualize a composition, an idea, a purpose
    for one’s reason to mentally have an image n create it with whatever tool being used.

    I am undecided as to which, or if, I shall purchase one of the newer offerings.
    But it is fun..the elimination process. And often very easy.

    btw, has anyone heard the sound of the high speed continuous burst on the XH-1?
    Hear the difference n then find out the reason.

    Kindest regards.
    koffee & kamera
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

  25. #25
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    iiiNelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,536
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Minor improvements on the exterior...for the XT-3 cf XT-2.

    But a lot is going on behind the exterior.
    I prefer a cam manufacturer to keep the well liked ergos, with slight tweaks to correct what customers found annoying in a previous iteration. e.g. a tweak to correct inadvertent knocking of a dial setting etc. Small but big.

    The processor, the number of af points, the increase n accuracy of face/eye detect
    the same battery but recording longer, without the grip, by reducing power required. Increased burst rates. Added new film simulations etc.

    Newly designed digital microprism for very accurate manual focus precision.

    Most might not detect differences, as pointed out. But I do.
    It matters to me. Helps me better make a choice; a decision.

    What no tech will do is allow one to visualize a composition, an idea, a purpose
    for oneís reason to mentally have an image n create it with whatever tool being used.

    I am undecided as to which, or if, I shall purchase one of the newer offerings.
    But it is fun..the elimination process. And often very easy.

    btw, has anyone heard the sound of the high speed continuous burst on the XH-1?
    Hear the difference n then find out the reason.

    Kindest regards.
    After watching all the marketing and impression videos surrounding the XT3, itís clear that this camera is a significant upgrade over the XT2. Most of the upgrades could only be achieved with new/improved hardware. Obviously this isnít the first choice for vloggers but for general photography and high quality video that doesnít require much editing this seems to be a great choice for someone starting off fresh into MILC or existing Fujifilm owners.
    Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  26. #26
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    k-hawinkler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The "Land of Enchantment"
    Posts
    4,558
    Post Thanks / Like
    With best regards, K-H.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  27. #27
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,777
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    52

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    the new wide is a super lens as well...

  28. #28
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,451
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    I have just been gobbling up as much info out there on all the new MILCs as I can.

    More out of curiosity and educating myself; I am simply blown away by how far technology has progressed in these cameras!

    I was blown away by watching the 1 hour and some long presentation by the
    Panasonic guy end last year for the G9. Amazing tech!

    Anyway, I came across this one for the Fuji XT-3. Level headed review. I watched the link Peter posted by the same person for the Nikon Z6/Z7...IIRC.

    koffee & kamera
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

  29. #29
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    iiiNelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,536
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    I have just been gobbling up as much info out there on all the new MILCs as I can.

    More out of curiosity and educating myself; I am simply blown away by how far technology has progressed in these cameras!

    I was blown away by watching the 1 hour and some long presentation by the
    Panasonic guy end last year for the G9. Amazing tech!

    Anyway, I came across this one for the Fuji XT-3. Level headed review. I watched the link Peter posted by the same person for the Nikon Z6/Z7...IIRC.

    Yeah... Hugh Brownstone generally has great takes on cameras and the industry as a whole. I enjoy his YouTube channel (and that of some others).
    Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com

  30. #30
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    iiiNelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,536
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Really the only glaring shortcomings of this body (for some) is lack of IBIS but that bodes well for the XH2... whenever itís released. Looks like a great upgrade the more I read on it and one that truly is putting Fuji even closer in performance to the benefits of FF cameras in features/performance/technology. I was a bit surprised to see they released a BSI APS-C camera before Sony did though that may just mean Sony is more likely to release an ďA6Ē thatís truly a mini-A9 with a stacked sensor. In any case the XT3 is really impressive. Thereís a local event tomorrow with Fuji reps at my local camera store so I hope to be able to get a little hands on time with one.
    Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com

  31. #31
    Workshop Member ptomsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Austria, close to Vienna
    Posts
    4,747
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by iiiNelson View Post
    Really the only glaring shortcomings of this body (for some) is lack of IBIS but that bodes well for the XH2... whenever it’s released. Looks like a great upgrade the more I read on it and one that truly is putting Fuji even closer in performance to the benefits of FF cameras in features/performance/technology. I was a bit surprised to see they released a BSI APS-C camera before Sony did though that may just mean Sony is more likely to release an “A6” that’s truly a mini-A9 with a stacked sensor. In any case the XT3 is really impressive. There’s a local event tomorrow with Fuji reps at my local camera store so I hope to be able to get a little hands on time with one.
    The X-T3 is really impressive, especially when taking into account the superb lens lineup from Fuji for the X system.

    Gives me some headache if I should add FF mirrorless (Nikon or Panasonic) to m43 or call it a day and just go full Fuji APSC for the future and the next years. IQ is right there, IBIS in the upcoming X-H2 as well, AF is pretty much on par with the bestie available in the industry - both still and video and meanwhile also video quality is top. Not to forget the Fuji color science which I love and adore.
    Life is an ever changing journey
    http://photography.tomsu.eu/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/peter_...tography/sets/
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  32. #32
    Workshop Member ptomsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Austria, close to Vienna
    Posts
    4,747
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    BTW reviews like the linked one make me even more want this camera (system). One of the best reviews I have seen and if you love South Africa you will like it too ...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAEo...&frags=pl%2Cwn
    Life is an ever changing journey
    http://photography.tomsu.eu/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/peter_...tography/sets/
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  33. #33
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    iiiNelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,536
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
    The X-T3 is really impressive, especially when taking into account the superb lens lineup from Fuji for the X system.

    Gives me some headache if I should add FF mirrorless (Nikon or Panasonic) to m43 or call it a day and just go full Fuji APSC for the future and the next years. IQ is right there, IBIS in the upcoming X-H2 as well, AF is pretty much on par with the bestie available in the industry - both still and video and meanwhile also video quality is top. Not to forget the Fuji color science which I love and adore.
    That or perhaps Fuji X for general photography and Fuji G for high resolution needs.
    Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  34. #34
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    iiiNelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,536
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    So I just handled the XT3. The long and short is that itís an improved XT2. The EVF is the same as the XH1 camera which is to say itís very good. The camera is more responsive compared to the older Fuji X cameras and being able to focus to the edges quickly and accurately are big improvements over the older camera. I didnít get as much hands on time as Iíd liked due to the size of the crowd there (half of whom seemingly were there to see/meet The Angry Photographer) but I did get a quick view of the Fuji 200/2... in short itís an amazing lens too and the light pearl-ish gray finish looked pretty nice on it as well.
    Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  35. #35
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Knorp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,713
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Firmware update: v1.01
    Bart ...

  36. #36
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    bensonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    2,789
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1029

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    I am picking up a silver X-T3 and grip tomorrow. I spent some time shooting with my X-T1, 50/1.2 and 90/2 last weekend and reviewing images I have taken with it and the X-Pro1 over the past few years. Reminded again why I like the image quality and experience of using my Fuji cameras so much. Of course, I will be keeping my X-Pro1 and X-T1 since they still produce images I enjoy.

    Wish I could afford the new 200/2 lens....

    Gary
    Last edited by bensonga; 19th September 2018 at 23:15.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  37. #37
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    k-hawinkler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The "Land of Enchantment"
    Posts
    4,558
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by bensonga View Post
    I am picking up a silver X-T3 and grip tomorrow. I spent some time shooting with my X-T1, 50/1.2 and 90/2 last weekend and reviewing images I have taken with it and the X-Pro1 over the past few years. Reminded again why I like the image quality and experience of using my Fuji cameras so much.

    Wish I could afford the new 200/2 lens....

    Gary

    My guess, once you have the 200/2 on a Fuji camera it only will come off to get on the next new and improved Fuji camera. The image quality will be stunning, my bet.
    With best regards, K-H.

  38. #38
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    bensonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    2,789
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1029

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by k-hawinkler View Post
    My guess, once you have the 200/2 on a Fuji camera it only will come off to get on the next new and improved Fuji camera. The image quality will be stunning, my bet.
    I really wish I could afford a 200/2 but I would probably have to sell some gear in order to buy it and that's just not going to happen.

    Gary

  39. #39
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,777
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    52

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by k-hawinkler View Post
    My guess, once you have the 200/2 on a Fuji camera it only will come off to get on the next new and improved Fuji camera. The image quality will be stunning, my bet.
    The lens is a game changer for Fuji as far as matching it with SoCaNikon in tele space goes....
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  40. #40
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    k-hawinkler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The "Land of Enchantment"
    Posts
    4,558
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by bensonga View Post
    I really wish I could afford a 200/2 but I would probably have to sell some gear in order to buy it and that's just not going to happen.

    Gary

    I understand. The Olympus 4/3 Zuiko 150/2 SHG lens is a favorite lens I have, the new Fuji seems to competing against. The FF equivalent of 300/2!

    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Olympus-Z...SABEgIl-PD_BwE
    With best regards, K-H.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  41. #41
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Shashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Missouri, USA
    Posts
    5,396
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    150

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by bensonga View Post
    I really wish I could afford a 200/2 but I would probably have to sell some gear in order to buy it and that's just not going to happen.

    Gary
    People say you cannot take it with you when you go, but given enough gear and some cement, I can alway build my mausoleum out of it...
    Will

    http://www.hakusancreation.com
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  42. #42
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    bensonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    2,789
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1029

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by Shashin View Post
    People say you cannot take it with you when you go, but given enough gear and some cement, I can alway build my mausoleum out of it...
    I have never given a second thought to "taking it with me". My wife will certainly sell it all when I am gone.

    I just enjoy using and owning the gear I can afford, while I'm here.

    Gary
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  43. #43
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Shashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Missouri, USA
    Posts
    5,396
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    150

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by bensonga View Post
    I have never given a second thought to "taking it with me". My wife will certainly sell it all when I am gone.

    I just enjoy using and owning the gear I can afford, while I'm here.

    Gary
    Gary, I know. I was just teasing...
    Will

    http://www.hakusancreation.com
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  44. #44
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    bensonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    2,789
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1029

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Taken with the X-T3 and the XF 56/1.2 wide open.

    Truthfully however, this lens produces pretty good images when mounted on every Fuji I have used.

    Gary



    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

  45. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    A bit north of Copenhagen
    Posts
    2,048
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    763

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Hi all lucky X-T3 owners...
    I've got a question. How do the rawfiles from the X-T3 handle compared to the X-T2 or X-Pro2?
    I still have this feeling that Nikon rawfiles are much better and easy to proces in C1, compared to X-T2, and reaching a more satiesfying and pleasing result.
    And any opinion of the new C1-Fuji edition (that I have downloaded) ?, which for me doesn't provide any significant changes for my X-T2 raw-files I think.
    best thorkil

  46. #46
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    iiiNelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,536
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorkil View Post
    Hi all lucky X-T3 owners...
    I've got a question. How do the rawfiles from the X-T3 handle compared to the X-T2 or X-Pro2?
    I still have this feeling that Nikon rawfiles are much better and easy to proces in C1, compared to X-T2, and reaching a more satiesfying and pleasing result.
    And any opinion of the new C1-Fuji edition (that I have downloaded) ?, which for me doesn't provide any significant changes for my X-T2 raw-files I think.
    best thorkil
    I didnít find Fuji files any more or less difficult to process than sony, Panasonic, Leica, or Canon files. Really itís just comes down to knowing your camera and the tendencies of the camera. As I always say - a good white balance goes a long way to shorten the time people spend behind heir computer. Yes you can try to adjust by eye but it just so much easier to either shoot a reflective shot of a 18% gray card (then use the eye dropper tool to set balance) or just do it in camera provided you arenít in rapidly changing lighting conditions.
    Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  47. #47
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Shashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Missouri, USA
    Posts
    5,396
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    150

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorkil View Post
    Hi all lucky X-T3 owners...
    I've got a question. How do the rawfiles from the X-T3 handle compared to the X-T2 or X-Pro2?
    I still have this feeling that Nikon rawfiles are much better and easy to proces in C1, compared to X-T2, and reaching a more satiesfying and pleasing result.
    And any opinion of the new C1-Fuji edition (that I have downloaded) ?, which for me doesn't provide any significant changes for my X-T2 raw-files I think.
    best thorkil
    X-Trans files are different. I use Irident Developer with my files to create a TIFF and then process in PS. I have the new Fuji C1, but I have not used it much.
    Will

    http://www.hakusancreation.com
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  48. #48
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,777
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    52

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    I processed this snap I made today in C1 (which was a touch of desaturation) - and added Joe Colson's frame in PS 2019 and saved for web - C1 handles the file just fine - I am waiting for next version of C1 which will include the Fuji film simulations ( hopefully). I didn't like the way LR handled my previous XT-2 files - which is just one of the reasons I am testing C1 properly - despite it not having the DAM capabilities fo LR - which I think are great.

    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

  49. #49
    Senior Member bab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    401
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    I would of been very happy with a battery that got 400 images off one charge and forgot about the lack of ibis. Those are my biggest grips, but for $1500 the XT-3 might just be the most capable camera released in a long time. IQ is reported not really much different than other Fuji cameras. I think at ISO 1600 you get a very clean workable file that would hold up in print. At ISO 3200 your monitor would be with some clever PP showing just about similar IQ. Iím probably going to buy two of them so I donít have to change lenses as often...plus it looks cool. My real FUJI want is the new 200mm itís likely to rival some of the best glass out there?

  50. #50
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    iiiNelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,536
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji XT-3

    Quote Originally Posted by bab View Post
    I would of been very happy with a battery that got 400 images off one charge and forgot about the lack of ibis. Those are my biggest grips, but for $1500 the XT-3 might just be the most capable camera released in a long time. IQ is reported not really much different than other Fuji cameras. I think at ISO 1600 you get a very clean workable file that would hold up in print. At ISO 3200 your monitor would be with some clever PP showing just about similar IQ. Iím probably going to buy two of them so I donít have to change lenses as often...plus it looks cool. My real FUJI want is the new 200mm itís likely to rival some of the best glass out there?
    The high ISO is slightly worse on the X-T3 compared to the XT2. Part of that is due to a lower base ISO. That being said, IQ is still very good and the other improvements (to include slightly better power management that increases battery life) are worth the small hit on high ISO IQ IMO.
    Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •