The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji S5 Pro Oldie But Goodie Lens choice

rollsman44

I know this might sound Ridiculous but I have my S5 and using Nikon 50 1.8 G AF-S with this and the IQ is very good. Just want to see who is using an S5 and which AF Lenses do you feel have outstanding IQ and sharpness and The Excellent Colors the S5 Provides. Thanks
This is my everyday camera I use and sometimes for Family Portraits.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I know this might sound Ridiculous but I have my S5 and using Nikon 50 1.8 G AF-S with this and the IQ is very good. Just want to see who is using an S5 and which AF Lenses do you feel have outstanding IQ and sharpness and The Excellent Colors the S5 Provides. Thanks
This is my everyday camera I use and sometimes for Family Portraits.
Not ridiculous at all! I own an S5 as well as the S3. My S5 is unfortunately partly defective, so no AF and no adjustments of most settings. The S3 I have used a bit recently, even posted a couple of photos on a thread I started on this forum a few months ago. There are actually some brand new Eneloops in the drawer waiting for that camera.

I do consider buying another S5 at some stage. My favourite lenses with these cameras back in the day were the 50mm f/1.8 AF D and the excellent 80-200mm f/2.8 AF-S. What I would consider now is a trio consisting of 24, 50 and 85mm primes, of which I alread have the 85mm f/1.8 AF. I would carry one of these bodies together with the F80 on which the S3 is based.

rollsman44

Thats great to hear that you still have the S3 and S5 but needs work. I am using the Nikon 50 1.8 G AF-S lens and very happy with the IQ
I think that primes will render better then the Zooms. You wont believe this: I sold my GFx ( which I did not want to do) as I dont use it much and I had a Pentax 645 120 Macro lens I kept. I just bought the Fotodiox adaptor for the S5 I need to see how this works with the S5
The Pentax 120 is a very reputable and sharp. I am anxious to see the IQ. Thanks from posting

bensonga

Still have my Fuji S5 which is in near mint condition. I bought it after reading Jorgen's post about the S3/S5 and seeing a few of his photos (somewhere on the GetDPI forum is a thread which Jorgen started which is dedicated to these cameras).

I would think any lens that works well on a comparable Nikon DSLR would work well on the S5 too.

Just checked and the last time I used my S5 was in August 2017. Here is a photo from that day.

Gary

S5, Nikon 35mm f1.8G AF-S DX lens

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Now I'm getting all nostalgic. These guys have their 10 years wedding anniversary in a few weeks:

S3 with Nikkor 85mm f/1.8 AF @ f/2

Not 100% sharp, but it was an anjoyable evening anyway :)

Oren Grad

IIRC the only lens I used with the S5 when I had it was the AF-S Nikkor 17-35/2.8 - see, for example, the pictures I posted in Jorgen's thread here. If I had one again today. I'd probably try my old Sigma 24/2.8 AF on it, too, because it's so compact and I don't have as much patience as I used to for carrying big zoom lenses.

But there are many lenses that will do fine on an S5. It's not particularly demanding as DSLRs go.

Elderly

I bought mine back in 2007, my first proper digital camera - just with the much derided 18-200 zoom.

rollsman44

WOW I am happy to hear from some S5 Users now or in the past. The camera is my Fun camera to use when I dont want to use my expensive
GFX and the colors are Excellent. I even used this along with my GFX 2 weeks ago with my Nieces wedding. I was very pleased with IQ
I used the Nikon 50mm1.8 G AF-S and it was excellent. Thank you all for sharing