The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Canon EF adapter for Fuji GFX 50S

Knorp

I tried to access the Kipon website today for a firmware update but received this message:

"The website is currently inaccessible...
The website has not obtained an ICP filing according to the law of the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology of the People's Republic of China"

Also, what is the procedure for updating the firmware (using a Mac) for the EF-GFX adapter? I tried mounting the adapter with a USB cable but the adapter does not show up on my Mac as a drive.
You actually download a program (dmg), containing the firmware, that will connect to the adapter.
Afaik the latest firmware for the EF-GFX AF adapter is V1.17

Brgds.

scho

You actually download a program (dmg), containing the firmware, that will connect to the adapter.
Afaik the latest firmware for the EF-GFX AF adapter is V1.17

Brgds.
Thanks Bart. I wrote to Kipon and they sent me a copy of the new firmware V1.18, but only an executable for PC. They also sent me V1.17 for Mac which I was able to install. They also said that they have no plan to develop v1.18 for Mac.

Best regards,
Carl

Last edited:

Knorp

Thanks Bart. I wrote to Kipon and they sent me a copy of the new firmware V1.18, but only an executable for PC. They also sent me V1.17 for Mac which I was able to install. They also said that they have no plan to develop v1.18 for Mac.

Best regards,
Carl
Interesting ! I'd like to hear how you fare with v1.18 and if you could spare us a copy ... :grin:

All the best.

OASN - from that big South-American river website ... :loco:
Please update to version 1.18 if your lens is GFX 100s

scho

Interesting ! I'd like to hear how you fare with v1.18 and if you could spare us a copy ... :grin:

All the best.

OASN - from that big South-American river website ... :loco:

This morning I received a copy of the Mac version of the 1.18 updater, but it crashes when executing the search button:facesmack: I don't have a PC so can't use that version. Here is the download link for the PC version
if you want to try it.
and here is a dropbox link for the Mac version that crashes on my machine.

Last edited:

Knorp

This morning I received a copy of the Mac version of the 1.18 updater, but it crashes when executing the search button:facesmack: I don't have a PC so can't use that version. Here is the download link for the PC version
if you want to try it.
and here is a dropbox link for the Mac version that crashes on my machine.
Thank you so much, Carl.
I'll give the PC version a try, but how weird they first tell you they don't have plans to develop v1.18 for macOS and apparently overnight they changed their minds ... :confused:
Hopefully it's no malware or spyware ... :rolleyes:

Krgds.

Knorp

Hi Carl,

running now v1.18 via the Windows updater. The lens (Sigma Art 135/1.8) still works on my GFX-50s, so that's good I think ...
And indeed the macOS updater crashes, but so do all the previous updaters. I guess it's the latest macOS version (Catalina) that's not supported by Kipon.

All the very best.

scho

Thank you so much, Carl.
I'll give the PC version a try, but how weird they first tell you they don't have plans to develop v1.18 for macOS and apparently overnight they changed their minds ... :confused:
Hopefully it's no malware or spyware ... :rolleyes:

Krgds.
I finally was able to get the Mac updater to run without crashing using an old Mac book air running High Sierra. Now have the Kipon at 1.18. Seems to be giving me better AF performance tham 1.17 using the Canon 85/1.8 and 16-35/4. Looks like you were right about Catalina being the problem. Hope Big Sur will be a better performer.

Knorp

I finally was able to get the Mac updater to run without crashing using an old Mac book air running High Sierra. Now have the Kipon at 1.18. Seems to be giving me better AF performance tham 1.17 using the Canon 85/1.8 and 16-35/4. Looks like you were right about Catalina being the problem. Hope Big Sur will be a better performer.
Well, while I don't doubt 'Big Sur' will be a better performer, I fear it won't help the current Kipon updater.