The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photokina 2018: are you ready ?

iiiNelson

I don't believe it: GFX and C1! Tethering, everything.

Chris
...and it only took Phase One 9 years to listen and stop being “too proud” to at least support cropped sensor Medium Format... oh and to acknowledge that most people can’t afford their camera systems but like their software.

iiiNelson

Instax and a terribly boring presentation. :wtf:
You missed the good parts already then. GFX100s with PDAF and IBIS for under $10k. GFX50R for $4500 and is 1” thinner than the GFX50s (though I suspect that just means a slightly thinner body with a far less substantial grip)... then of course Capture One support for all the cameras.

I suspect the loss of customers and loss of software sales pushed them to reverse policy somewhat. Always seemed like a no brainer to me though.

V

Vivek

Thanks, I could go back and watch it.

Totally awesome!

Depending on the shutter (noise). i may go for a GFX50R.

This is really shaking things up a “bit”! :)

You missed the good parts already then. GFX100s with PDAF and IBIS for under $10k. GFX50R for $4500 and is 1” thinner than the GFX50s (though I suspect that just means a slightly thinner body with a far less substantial grip)... then of course Capture One support for all the cameras.

I suspect the loss of customers and loss of software sales pushed them to reverse policy somewhat. Always seemed like a no brainer to me though.

iiiNelson

Thanks, I could go back and watch it.

Totally awesome!

Depending on the shutter (noise). i may go for a GFX50R.

This is really shaking things up a “bit”! :)
Yeah. Seems like the Mirrorless makers are really pressing the gas to fight and stay relevant amongst the CaNikon announcement/hype... outside of Sony being relatively and uncharacteristically quiet.

Maybe its the calm before the storm though.

Fuji is still on my radar though I do have concerns about the quality and long term durability of their products as they grow to scale. It happens with many companies but there have been jiggling QC problems with the last few top of the line bodies (XH1 stability/lock-ups/hard resets, X-Pro/XT-2 Eye-cups just falling off and needing multiple firmware updates for stability, GFX lenses shipping with loose particles inside the lenses, etc.) Thats not to say they’re the only with problems - nearly every manufacturer has them but it doesn’t bring peace when considering a switch.

Oh and I completely forgot until just now Zeiss was supposed to announce a new camera.

Last edited:

jdphoto

Personally, I'd rather a cropped MF X100. 1/125th flash sync is too slow even with ND's. Yes, a specialized leaf shutter lens or camera combo is a lot to ask, but for portrait photographers who shoot outdoors, it's not. Although, if Fuji continues with an Elinchrom Hi-Sync transmitter, that could be a work around over lower powered HSS.