The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Remote shutter trigger for fuji GFX 50S

Paul2660

The 50s will use any standard wired remote that connects to the USB 3 port on the left side of the camera, using the USB-2 portion of the plug (the longer of the two). Note, Fuji makes a wired basic remote that will also work. The Fuji remote will not work as a intervolameter just fire the shutter. I use a couple of non-Fuji style intervolameter remotes for my GFX as occasionally I will do interval work with the GFX.
I assume the 50R will have the same USB-3 port, and thus accept a similar wired remote in that particular port.

It also might be possible to use a remote in the mic port on the GFX, I have not tried it. But most Fuji cameras have the mic port programed for a Canon remote processing, via the mic port.

Not sure of any wireless method of firing the camera, however there may be a way with the Fuji camera control software that connects via wifi to a iPhone or Android phone.

Nothing like the way Capture Pilot and P1 back work together for both shutter release and camera controls.

Paul C

Knorp

It also might be possible to use a remote in the mic port on the GFX, I have not tried it. But most Fuji cameras have the mic port programed for a Canon remote processing, via the mic port.
I don’t think it’s the 3,5mm MIC port (50), but a separate 2,5mm 3-pole Mini-Jack port (47) that’s behind that ‘GFX’ cover door. Works fine for me !

Note: there was this RR-90 remote (Micro-B, USB 2.0) that apparently is no longer available and being replaced with RR-100 remote with strait- and L-shaped 2,5mm Mini-Jacks.

Screenshot 2018-10-10 at 07.50.02.jpg Screenshot 2018-10-10 at 07.51.40.jpg

Krgds.

Last edited:

PedroL

I don’t think it’s the 3,5mm MIC port (50), but a separate 2,5mm 3-pole Mini-Jack port (47) that’s behind that ‘GFX’ cover door. Works fine for me !

Note: there was this RR-90 remote (Micro-B, USB 2.0) that apparently is no longer available and being replaced with RR-100 remote with strait- and L-shaped 2,5mm Mini-Jacks.

View attachment 136650 View attachment 136651

Krgds.
You are correct. It is a 2.5mm jack, this is why I said "without extension". I should have been more specific.

Rand47

And the 2.5mm jack is much more secure than the Micro USB connector.
+1 I use a Canon remote w/ 2.5mm jack. Has a nice slide lock on it for long BULB exposures. Very clean w/ the small separate door for access to the jack.

Rand