The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mount Fuji Active … 📸

k-hawinkler

AF with the Kipon 'EF-GFX AF' adapter for my Sigma EF-mount (Canon) lenses.
The Sigma A 135/1.8 covers the GFX sensor fine, but not so the Sigma A 20/1.4
Thanks Bart. That's wonderful! I am glad I asked. :thumbs:
Which other adapted lenses have AF and cover the 50S sensor fully? :salute:

Knorp

Thanks Bart. That's wonderful! I am glad I asked. :thumbs:
Which other adapted lenses have AF and cover the 50S sensor fully? :salute:
In my case: none, because I have no other AF lenses that would fit the GFX.
I do have a couple of R-lenses (21-35/3.5-4, 70-210/4, 60/2.8, 80/1.4, 100/2.8, 350/4.8) of which most of them almost completely cover the sensor.
It's to be seen if it requires serious cropping (or '35mm format mode') or only some vignetting correction.
For the R-lenses I'm also using a Kipon adapter 'L/R-GFX'.

Brgds.

k-hawinkler

You see, K-H, that 250 turns you into a fine landscape photographer ... :thumbs:
:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Thanks to you Bart and your stunning images with that 250 lens! :thumbs:
Otherwise I wouldn't even own this gear. :facesmack:
Bart, you and the beautiful Land of Enchantment deserve all the credit! :clap: :D

ptomsu

Workshop Member
K-H, Pete and Bart,

like what you both get out of this system - actually was to be expected as soon as you both started using such a great piece of gear.

Although MFD is done for me I enjoy very much looking at your results.

Best regards

Peter

Last edited:

PeterA

23MM | f8| ISO 100 | 1/600 sec |

How wide is the panoramic crop with the 23mm - just doing some snaps and working out the lens/camera combo - this is going to be a weapon for street shooting and editorial work!!! Just WOW.

k-hawinkler

23MM | f8| ISO 100 | 1/600 sec |

How wide is the panoramic crop with the 23mm - just doing some snaps and working out the lens/camera combo - this is going to be a weapon for street shooting and editorial work!!! Just WOW.
Thanks Peter. Your image is a wonderful use of the 23 (18mm equivalent 135 film).
I love WA, UWA, and even H(yper)WA all the way to 10mm for FF.
Coupled with 51MP and its stunning optical properties I agree
the 23 will be very attractive for me also as a walk around lens.
WOW! What a wonderful WA lens indeed!

PeterA

Thanks Peter. Your image is a wonderful use of the 23 (18mm equivalent 135 film).
I love WA, UWA, and even H(yper)WA all the way to 10mm for FF.
Coupled with 51MP and its stunning optical properties I agree
the 23 will be very attractive for me also as a walk around lens.
WOW! What a wonderful WA lens indeed!
Agree KH - have you tried using the in camera XPan mode? Makes it easier to frame what you want as you shoot.

k-hawinkler

Agree KH - have you tried using the in camera XPan mode? Makes it easier to frame what you want as you shoot.
Thanks Peter for the pointer.
No I have not, I am still trying to absorb the Basic Fuji way! :LOL:

Could you briefly describe how to use XPAN? TIA.

iiiNelson

Thanks Peter for the pointer.
No I have not, I am still trying to absorb the Basic Fuji way! :LOL:

Could you briefly describe how to use XPAN? TIA.
You’ll love all the aspect ratios contained inside the GFX... it’s at the top of my list of firmware update I’ve wanted for the Sony cameras since I read about them in both the X1D and GFX.

Don Libby

Been watching this thread for awhile a thought I'd add something from what we've been doing. We're capturing colored water drops as they fall and collide with each other. Normal setup is 2 to 3 drops, 3-flashes a Fuji GFX 50s, GF 120mm and either a 18 or 45 WR extension tube or both.

_DSF0339 Picnic.jpgWaterdrop Paparizzi-2.jpg

Knorp

Been watching this thread for awhile a thought I'd add something from what we've been doing. We're capturing colored water drops as they fall and collide with each other. Normal setup is 2 to 3 drops, 3-flashes a Fuji GFX 50s, GF 120mm and either a 18 or 45 WR extension tube or both.

View attachment 137072View attachment 137073
Thanks for chiming in, Don.
To return the favour: I've been watching your drops on FB for awhile ... :toocool:

Krgds.

k-hawinkler

View attachment 137072View attachment 137073

Thanks Don. Very interesting.
How do you ensure the pictures get taken at the right moment? TIA.

k-hawinkler

You’ll love all the aspect ratios contained inside the GFX... it’s at the top of my list of firmware update I’ve wanted for the Sony cameras since I read about them in both the X1D and GFX.
Are you referring simply to using different in-camera image formats?
Or something more involved and nefarious? :facesmack:

Don Libby

I set the camera up at a distance and angle that I want then pray. I let a couple drops fall into the well to see where they land then using a pencil or similar I focus on that location. The room is darken, the flashes are set, as well as the camera. Manual focus, ISO around 400 (depending on the flash and what I'm doing) however I've gone as high as 1000. The f/stop can range anywhere from f/8 to f/32; depending on the voices in my head. The shutter is bulb and a wired shutter release. The water is dropped from a setup made by Stopshot Studio and controlled by my laptop. The act of capture is 2-handed 1 on the shutter release the other on the water drop button with the shutter released first. The water drop is released passing an infrared device that triggers the flash. One the flash is triggered I release the shutter. All this takes about 1-second however I might daydream and have the shutter open for 2-seconds. The shutter might be open for 1-second however we're looking at speeds of milliseconds.

I'll normally shoot for an hour capturing in excess of 300 files. Now that we have C1 post is so much easier. We'll review the files at 100% for focus then cherry pick the ones we like and want to process deleting the rest. I've begun posting an occasional "reject" on our Instagram/FB accounts. Our rejects that we now have would have made us jump for joy when we first began now we see them and say yeah we've got hundreds of those lets looks for something unusual.

Most people doing this are capturing using a 35mm camera. Not me, I like doing things the hard way. The GFX is perfect for this as is the GF120 and the extension tubes. I've found manual focus to not be a real issue and routinely use the camera set up on a focusing rail; I'll start the focus in camera then fine tune with the rail.

I've written and shared more on our blog if anyone wants to see more. We've also added a new section in our web gallery showing the images.

Thank you for all the positive feedback. I'll share more as time permits.

Don