The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mount Fuji Active … 📸

PeterA

I wanted to install Joe Colson's fun and very clever framemaker Script into my photoshop 2019 version and I needed a shot to practise with so here is my fun shot for today featuring my fancy pants bag whioch allows me to put a GFX and all my curent lenses in it as well as 13inch laptop and an Ipad and charger and spare batteries etc...the bag is made by Oberworth - also fits my SL| 24-90 |90-280 and soon to arrive SL 50 Summilux ...

Knorp

I wanted to install Joe Colson's fun and very clever framemaker Script into my photoshop 2019 version and I needed a shot to practise with so here is my fun shot for today featuring my fancy pants bag whioch allows me to put a GFX and all my curent lenses in it as well as 13inch laptop and an Ipad and charger and spare batteries etc...the bag is made by Oberworth - also fits my SL| 24-90 |90-280 and soon to arrive SL 50 Summilux ...

Looking good this frame addition, Pete.
I wonder if Joe's script could be made to work for C1P too ...

Knorp

The Fuji GFX 50S + Battery Grip + Fujinon GF120mm F4 R LM OIS WR Macro lens + Peak Design Clutch pose no problem for me at all weight-wise and the Clutch assures that I don't drop the system accidentally. Knock on wood! :grin:

K-H, just wondering: how did you attach the clutch to your camera ? Can you share a picture ?
Reason for asking is I'm still scratching my head how to attach a wrist strap to these odd lugs.

TIA

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
A comment to wide, "Xpan style" crops:
Wide crops are excellent for story telling. There's room for the main subject as well as other elements that describes his or her situation or history. To use it efficiently, one has to think a bit like a video photographer, think movement, although a still will freeze it. This is of course also one of the reasons why a wide format is used for video and even more so for feature films. This is also the reason why vloggers shooting vertical video will never be able to tell a story other than about their latest pimple.

PeterA

I should, but I don't think he's using C1P.
CI's definition of 'layers' is more marketing than reality. In reality CI limits 'layers' to local adjustment tools. Current version of CI does not allow for somethingf as simple and routine in PS for example a B&W 'layer' to be blended over a colour layer or a background to become just a layer ...Joe's frame script for is probably written in Java - and makes use of a lot of layer tools and modes beyong what simple 'actions' or droplets can do eg customising the process by providing choice ....Which is why I can't comment on wether something could be done in CI - not my area of knowledge or expertise.

a bit off topic now - but for anyonewho might think I am being negative C1 above - not so...Where C1 excels is in takinhg more care with raw processing and more care with lens and camera profiles and it is pretty obvious that C1's colour manageemnt and tools is better executed.- for 'basic' PP work C1 is more than adequate and in some ways superior to both LR and PS.
atb
Pete

PeterA

for that building, Bart, I prefer your first take on that picture (as I remember it), while this one "hurts" the special building and view...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
If the strongest element(s) in a photograph are vertical(s) then a wide view is probably not diong the subject matter justice.

Knorp

If the strongest element(s) in a photograph are vertical(s) then a wide view is probably not diong the subject matter justice.
A comment to wide, "Xpan style" crops:
Wide crops are excellent for story telling. There's room for the main subject as well as other elements that describes his or her situation or history. To use it efficiently, one has to think a bit like a video photographer, think movement, although a still will freeze it. This is of course also one of the reasons why a wide format is used for video and even more so for feature films. This is also the reason why vloggers shooting vertical video will never be able to tell a story other than about their latest pimple.
for that building, Bart, I prefer your first take on that picture (as I remember it), while this one "hurts" the special building and view...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Thank you guys for your time and comments: much appreciated !

My take: I'd loved to have had a different (larger) angle to main subject, that building on the right, but alas. It was this or a jump into the water (Het IJ) or a boat of course.
Still, I like it as it is ... :eek:
The b/w version post #231 I had posted a while back, had much more empty sky and water included.
Perhaps I should go back and try from a longer distance with the 250, this way there's also less perspective compression to the buildings (Palace of Justice, Amsterdam Court of Justice) in the background.

k-hawinkler

K-H, just wondering: how did you attach the clutch to your camera ? Can you share a picture ?
Reason for asking is I'm still scratching my head how to attach a wrist strap to these odd lugs.

TIA
Well Bart. No problem at all.
I have a Peak Design Clutch on all my cameras with a battery grip.

To attach the clutch one needs only one of those odd lugs attached to the camera on the side with the shutter button. Then one has to thread the top and small strap of the clutch through the slit in the odd lug.

The top then looks like this.

Then one attaches the base plate with a supplied anchor like this.

One can attach the second anchor to the remaining odd lug and then to the left side of the camera. If one attaches a third anchor to the base plate one then can use a strap called slide to carry the camera that way without detaching the clutch. This is their heavy duty slide.

The base plate also serves the function of attaching the camera to a tripod.

Good luck.

Knorp

Thank you, K-H. I found the instructions on the website of Peak Design.
But I was hoping you could share a picture of the clutch attached to the GFX-50s.
Your GFX that is ... :eek:

The way the lugs are designed and the clips attach will put a lot of strain on them especially IMO with the clutch (or any wrist strap).

FYI the “odd lugs” are actually called “retaining lugs”.

TIA

k-hawinkler

The way the lugs are designed and the clips attach will put a lot of strain on them especially IMO with the clutch (or any wrist strap).
TIA
No, not at all Bart, the way I use the clutch.
I solidly hold the camera with grip attached in my hand.
The clutch is loosely around my hand,
but tightly enough to prevent my hand from slipping. :thumbs:
So no strain really created this way,
unless I carry the camera just by holding the clutch. :facesmack: