The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mount Fuji Active … 📸

Knorp

Maybe to get a bit of extra reach from your lenses? I don't know.
True, but why the 36x24 (3:2) format ?
I’m sure there is some ‘logic’ to it and perhaps we will see other crop formats too.
On second thought: in the menu under ‘Mount Adaptor Setting’ there is already a ‘35mm format mode’ with a default JPEG output fixed to L(3:2). With the current firmware version this menu item is not selectable when native lenses are mounted, so I guess they simply made it ‘available’ with the least effort for all situations.

k-hawinkler

Freshly made

Fuji GFX 50S + Fujinon GF32-64mm F4 R LM WR @ ISO 1600, FOCAL LENGTH 32.0 mm (25.0 mm in 35mm), APERTURE f/4, EXPOSURE TIME 0.00588s (1/170).

k-hawinkler

Los Alamos Neutron Beam Cooling Towers

Fuji GFX 50S + Fujinon GF250mm F4 R LM OIS WR @ ISO 100, FOCAL LENGTH 250.0 mm (198.0 mm in 35mm), APERTURE f/11, EXPOSURE TIME 0.02s (1/50).

k-hawinkler

I was taking pictures of the local Library when I noticed these dark corners. The hood had rotated a bit or wasn't put on right. :banghead:

Easily corrected. :thumbup: :LOL:

50S • GF23

Knorp

The last two weeks or so on four occasions I had problems turning on my camera (GFX-50s).
Only after briefly disconnecting the battery it sprung to life and I could continue shooting.
But not so on the last occasion when whatever I tried, even putting in a fresh battery, it remained 'dead'.
There was power on the circuitry as the top LCD was on and showed information, but the back LCD and EVF were all blank.
I feared for the worst, but by chance I left the camera without battery overnight and lo-and-behold in the morning after putting in the battery to my relief it became responsive again.
Now I started to suspect the camera's power management and reread that section in the manual.
The three available options I had set like this;
  1. Auto Power Off - 5 MIN,
  2. Shooting Stand By Mode - 2 MIN,
  3. Auto Power Safe - ON.
As I doubted that second option right from the beginning I started there and changed it from 2 MIN to OFF.
And thus far, knock-on-wood, I had no more issues.
But as it is still early days I'm keeping my fingers crossed hoping this solved or at least bypassed the root cause, whatever that is.

Anyone care to comment ?

TIA

PeterA

The last two weeks or so on four occasions I had problems turning on my camera (GFX-50s).
Only after briefly disconnecting the battery it sprung to life and I could continue shooting.
But not so on the last occasion when whatever I tried, even putting in a fresh battery, it remained 'dead'.
There was power on the circuitry as the top LCD was on and showed information, but the back LCD and EVF were all blank.
I feared for the worst, but by chance I left the camera without battery overnight and lo-and-behold in the morning after putting in the battery to my relief it became responsive again.
Now I started to suspect the camera's power management and reread that section in the manual.
  3. Auto Power Safe - ON.
As I doubted that second option right from the beginning I started there and changed it from 2 MIN to OFF.
But as it is still early days I'm keeping my fingers crossed hoping this solved or at least bypassed the root cause, whatever that is.

Anyone care to comment ?

TIA
Thanks for posting Bart - I have had no such issue with mine.

found this when I ran a search - see first and third section - when you go to link below

http://fujifilm-dsc.com/en/manual/x30/appendix/faq/index.html

atb
Pete

Knorp

Thanks for posting Bart - I have had no such issue with mine.

found this when I ran a search - see first and third section - when you go to link below

http://fujifilm-dsc.com/en/manual/x30/appendix/faq/index.html

atb
Pete
Thanks, Pete.
I've read that section too, but it didn't help for me.
Btw - I'm not alone in here, there is at least one other person with the same issue, who was glad he was not the only one ... :rolleyes:

Krgds.

PeterA

Thanks, Pete.
I've read that section too, but it didn't help for me.
Btw - I'm not alone in here, there is at least one other person with the same issue, who was glad he was not the only one ... :rolleyes:

Krgds.
Well Bart- this sounds like some bug that Fuji has to adress....we all probably need an answer and a solution...

Pete

scho

I've had similar power issues with my Pentax 645z. Camera top lcd turns itself on even though power switch is off. I have to pull the battery to turn it off completely. Long out of warranty so I haven't bothered to send it in for repair.

Knorp

I've had similar power issues with my Pentax 645z. Camera top lcd turns itself on even though power switch is off. I have to pull the battery to turn it off completely. Long out of warranty so I haven't bothered to send it in for repair.
Interesting, the top LCD of my GFX-50s is always on given there is a charged battery inserted, but I think that's as designed or so I hope ... :facesmack:

iiiNelson

3. Auto Power Safe - ON.

Anyone care to comment ?

TIA
I’d probably continue to document and troubleshoot your settings/workarounds and send to Fuji Support (along with your serial number) it could be that the few that have experienced issues like yours were apart of a “bad batch” of cameras. In any case I found that companies often fix stuff at little to no cost to your when you work with them to identify potential issues... and have a good attitude about making the product work or be better.

k-hawinkler

3. Auto Power Safe - ON.

Anyone care to comment ?

TIA

Hi Bart, I am sorry your 50S has this feature (bug).
I checked my settings. They are:

1. Auto Power Off .............: 5 MIN
  2. Shooting Stand By Mode: OFF
  3. Auto Power Safe.............: OFF

So far I have not encountered your problem.
I have the habit of switching my cameras OFF right after I take the last shot in a sequence.

---------------------------------------------------------

I am glad Fuji is releasing new Firmware, in particular this one:

• Improved eye-sensor response: Reduced the time to switch between EVF and LCD when you select “eye-sensor” on the viewfinder display settings.

As you know I have the EVF attachment between the EVF and camera. I am not sure that initially I forced it all the way in until it clicked. Anyway it became quite an annoyance switching very slowly between LCD and EVF, or worse switching both the LCD and EVF OFF. I typically restarted the 50S to get it functioning again.

So after reading the problem solving section, I reseated both the EVF attachment and the EVF. I also informed myself about the EVF features. Not only can one adjust the diopter (of course I did that from the beginning), but there is also a button across from it on the other side of the EVF. Pushing it switches between varies modes of operation. I chose to switch OFF the LCD permanently and let the eye detector switch ON the EVF when needed, definitely my preference. That has worked like a charm.

The nice thing is, only when displaying an image, the 50S switches between EVF and LCD anyway so that one can show the image to others on the LCD.

I will leave my setting as it is until the firmware update later this month. Then it's probably the right moment to spend some time to thoroughly check out whether all the features work correctly. :LOL:

k-hawinkler

Interesting, the top LCD of my GFX-50s is always on given there is a charged battery inserted, but I think that's as designed or so I hope ... :facesmack:
Bart, true one can always read the top LCD display.
However, a little button to the left lets you switch ON or OFF LCD illumination. :salute:

Knorp

Hi Bart, I am sorry your 50S has this feature (bug).
I checked my settings. They are:

1. Auto Power Off .............: 5 MIN
  2. Shooting Stand By Mode: OFF
  3. Auto Power Safe.............: OFF

So far I have not encountered your problem.
I have the habit of switching my cameras OFF right after I take the last shot in a sequence.

---------------------------------------------------------
Hi there K-H,

Thanks for chiming in, I think and hopefully with those settings you're fine.
As indicated I've switched 'Shooting Stand By Mode' from '2 MIN' to 'OFF' and so far so good.
Looking at your settings and the fact you didn't encounter this particular problem it's not to say your camera isn't blessed with this 'feature'.
So be a good sport and set it to '2 MIN' ... :LOL:

All the best.

k-hawinkler

Hi there K-H,

Thanks for chiming in, I think and hopefully with those settings you're fine.
As indicated I've switched 'Shooting Stand By Mode' from '2 MIN' to 'OFF' and so far so good.
Looking at your settings and the fact you didn't encounter this particular problem it's not to say your camera isn't blessed with this 'feature'.
So be a good sport and set it to '2 MIN' ... :LOL:

All the best.

Thanks Bart, okay.
How often do you expect the problem to show up? :shocked:

Knorp

Thanks Bart, okay.
How often do you expect the problem to show up? :shocked:
Just kidding here, but it would be an interesting experiment if you could try it.
It happened four times to me over a period of roughly 2 weeks.
The first two times, although I had to take out the battery, I regarded as an incident, but after the third time I started worrying.
The fourth time was really dramatic as whatever I tried nothing could turn the camera back on.
Like you I normally turn off the camera right after I've finished shooting.

Brgds.