The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mount Fuji Active … 📸

k-hawinkler

Even weirder Bart, I can see a few of your older images, but most of them don’t display anymore. Instead now I just get a little wireframe square. Really weird. :facesmack:

k-hawinkler

I'm also not able to see this image. Just a blue square with ?

edit: Just after posting this reply the image showed up.

Thanks Carl.

I still can't see this image, or many of the others by Knorp.
What happens is, an image starts loading for half an inch across the page, then disappears, and instead it displays a tiny white wireframe square with a blue square in it.

If I click on the jpg image line in the email notification then I get the message "Safari cannot open page because the network connection was lost." in the Safari webpage that appears.

Enough of this. I give up for now. :banghead:
Maybe eventually these images will show up again as they did before.
If I go through this entire thread from the beginning, most of Bart's images don't load completely before they disappear, but occasionally I can actually see one in its entirety. :clap: :LOL:

Don Libby

Hi Don,as I'm rather torn between the 18G and 45G extenders, I'm wondering for the 45G and GF250 what the longest shooting distance or longest working distance is for which you can still attain proper focus.Fuji's reference table only refers to the shortest distances.Do you have an idea and/or a rough estimate ?TIA{/QUOTE]This got me thinking which can be dangerous.I set a target I normally shoot at 100 yards, focusing on the center. I then laid out a 25' tape and set the GFX on a tripod. I began with just the 250 measuring the minimum distance for auto focus. Turns out the min distance is 187" (give or take 1")I then installed the 1.4 extender and after a little back and forth the min distance is 180" - again 1' either way which will be the same for the rest.The max distance for the 250, 1.4 and 45WR is 170"The min distance for the same setup is 103"I switched to the 18WR and found the max distance is 227" with the min distance for AF is 126"Using the GF250, 1.4 extender along with both the 18 and 45WRSmax distance for AF was 137" with the min 88"I took shots at each measurement and included a couple here for any reference.

Attachments

Don Libby

The images above were all opened in C1-Pro before taking over to PSCC. No processing was done other than adding text and dumbing down the files to jpeg.

Knorp

This got me thinking which can be dangerous.I set a target I normally shoot at 100 yards, focusing on the center. I then laid out a 25' tape and set the GFX on a tripod. I began with just the 250 measuring the minimum distance for auto focus. Turns out the min distance is 187" (give or take 1")I then installed the 1.4 extender and after a little back and forth the min distance is 180" - again 1' either way which will be the same for the rest.The max distance for the 250, 1.4 and 45WR is 170"The min distance for the same setup is 103"I switched to the 18WR and found the max distance is 227" with the min distance for AF is 126"Using the GF250, 1.4 extender along with both the 18 and 45WRSmax distance for AF was 137" with the min 88"I took shots at each measurement and included a couple here for any reference.
Hi Don, thanks a lot for your trouble and time !

Let's see if I got this right:

2501.4x18G45GMinMax
x187 (4,75)
xx180 (4,57)
xxx126 (3,20)227 (5,77)
xxx103 (2,62)170 (4,32)
xxxx088 (2,24)137 (3,48)

I wonder if I want to use that 1.4x for close-ups, but we'll see, for now I think I'll settle for that 45G !
Thanks again, Don.

Brgds.

Don Libby

You can certainly cheat and use the 250 with the 1.4 then crop in however I'd opt for the 45WR in that combo. I got the 45 first thinking that it would be the one I use the most and it turns out I do when shooting waterdrops. I added the 18 thinking that it might also serve a purpose and I've used it for waterdops but not nearly as much as the 45. My "go to" has been the 45WRS when I wanted to add some reach to the 250 and so far I haven't bothered using this combination with the 1.4. What surprisred me this morning is the combination of the 18 and 45 and being able to get as close as 88" using the 250 and 1.4. The setup did look a little odd...

Attachments

Shashin

If you want to know coverage, simply divide the sensor dimensions by the magnification. So at 0.44 X is 44mm / 0.44 and 33mm / 0.44 giving a coverage of 100mm x 75mm. So thin lens approximations and whether it is internal focus or not does not matter.

Knorp

Hi Don, thanks a lot for your trouble and time !

Let's see if I got this right:

2501.4x18G45GMinMax
x187 (4,75)
xx180 (4,57)
xxx126 (3,20)227 (5,77)
xxx103 (2,62)170 (4,32)
xxxx088 (2,24)137 (3,48)

I wonder if I want to use that 1.4x for close-ups, but we'll see, for now I think I'll settle for that 45G !
Thanks again, Don.

Brgds.
Frankly, I’m a little puzzled by this table ... :confused:
For the lens alone I thought the shortest distance was 1,40 mtr which equels to 55”, right ?

Don Libby

Frankly, I’m a little puzzled by this table ... :confused:For the lens alone I thought the shortest distance was 1,40 mtr which equels to 55”, right ?
I don't have an answer for this. I had a tap measure laying flat running between the target and under the tripod. The measurements I took were all from the same spot on the camera body. I just checked the specs given by Fuji and they show 4.59' - 1.4m as they min focus distance. I did this as an auto focus test not as a manual focus test.I'll revisit this later when I have the time.Don

Knorp

I don't have an answer for this. I had a tap measure laying flat running between the target and under the tripod. The measurements I took were all from the same spot on the camera body. I just checked the specs given by Fuji and they show 4.59' - 1.4m as they min focus distance. I did this as an auto focus test not as a manual focus test.I'll revisit this later when I have the time.Don
Mmm, there you could have a point, Don.
I could be wrong though, but I think I've read 'somewhere' that the minimum distance for manual focusing is actually shorter.
But how much shorter, I don't know.
Oh well, time to setup the tripod and fetch the tape measure ... :grin:

Krgds.

k-hawinkler

Whisper Zone

Fuji GFX 50S + Fujinon GF23mm F4 R LM WR @ ISO 100, FOCAL LENGTH 23.0 mm (18.0 mm in 35mm), APERTURE f/8, EXPOSURE TIME 0.02632s (1/38).

k-hawinkler

Kind of looks like a place i can hang around for a long time!
Thanks Vivek.
If you did, nobody would bother you. They close at 9 PM.
Indeed it's a very nice and stimulating place.
I am not done yet taking pictures there.

They also have a bunch of PCs for Internet access.
This new Library building is right across the street from the new White Rock Visitor Center. In the Summer months from there one can catch a bus ride to the Bandelier National Monument Visitor Center. :grin:

k-hawinkler

sorry for the gloomy weather ...

| gfx 50s | gf 23/4 |

Hey Bart, when I replied to let you know that I like your picture that I cannot see ... drum roll ... your image actually showed up! :shocked: :clap: :LOL:
An Internet miracle! :ROTFL:

Then I checked some older images of yours, still can't see them. :banghead: