The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mount Fuji Active … 📸

Knorp

No, this is not a selfie ...

| gfx 50s | gf 32-64/4.0 | iso 3200 | f/8 | 1/125 sec |

Knorp

dangerous pictures..I must admit, this is just eye-popping quality indeed.....(a 50R? hhmm...but the lenses are so expensive..and the Z7...hhmmm)
The Z7 will be perfect, just a little patience required for more lenses to come.

iiiNelson

dangerous pictures..I must admit, this is just eye-popping quality indeed.....(a 50R? hhmm...but the lenses are so expensive..and the Z7...hhmmm)
Many of the lenses are reasonable during the Fuji sales... or you could go with the zoom that gives a lot of flexibility for a mid-range (25-51mm equivalent) zoom. Probably don’t need an extremely wide range of lenses for medium format.

Thorkil

The Z7 will be perfect, just a little patience required for more lenses to come.
Yes, I know, and I will also carry on with waiting for the Z7, I want to be Nikon-loyal for the time being, and I do think that of all the tempting models it will suit my mental condition the most, and for me now its too late for further camera-handling experiments :), Nikon will work for me, it felt good in my hand and through my eye, and functions were better than even the D3, Df...
and patience will suit my banc too :)

Thorkil

Many of the lenses are reasonable during the Fuji sales... or you could go with the zoom that gives a lot of flexibility for a mid-range (25-51mm equivalent) zoom. Probably don’t need an extremely wide range of lenses for medium format.
Yes but I think the 250/4 is extraordinary, but so are Barts skills, and..apparently the condition of his knees too :grin:..
But a 250 might not be my go-to lens, and the zoom, even it looks very splendid, it still seems noway near the 250 in sharpness.
And I would need the 23, but....but hello Nikon..I'm still holding your hand..

Knorp

Yes but I think the 250/4 is extraordinary, but so are Barts skills, and..apparently the condition of his knees too :grin:..
But a 250 might not be my go-to lens, and the zoom, even it looks very splendid, it still seems noway near the 250 in sharpness.
And I would need the 23, but....but hello Nikon..I'm still holding your hand..
Well, I think the zoom is really not too bad in terms of sharpness, Thorkil.
I've posted a 100% crop of a (dead) mouse (image shot on a tripod) and FWIW I was impressed.
Anyway, since you're married to Nikon ... :rolleyes::p;)

Kind regards.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Yes, I know, and I will also carry on with waiting for the Z7, I want to be Nikon-loyal for the time being, and I do think that of all the tempting models it will suit my mental condition the most, and for me now its too late for further camera-handling experiments :), Nikon will work for me, it felt good in my hand and through my eye, and functions were better than even the D3, Df...
and patience will suit my banc too :)
I fully agree, had a long discussion yesterday with one of my photography friends who is now full in Panasonic (m43) and has high hopes for the upcoming S1R

But whenever I look at it and then at the Z7, the Z7 wins my soul. Folks I think I am too old to make pure rationale decisions and I might not get too wrong with what is here from Nikon and will come for the Z-mount in the future.

Thorkil

Well, I think the zoom is really not too bad in terms of sharpness, Thorkil.
I've posted a 100% crop of a (dead) mouse (image shot on a tripod) and FWIW I was impressed.
Anyway, since you're married to Nikon ... :rolleyes::p;)

Kind regards.
...yes I have to go back (after making dinner for my wife...I'm a Dane you know..(while shes painting)) and take a look at your zoom-pictures - but I'm sure I was unfair.
If my wife is Nikon, then my mistress must be Fuji (but the mistress is treated only with the left hand while its my wife I'm in love with:rolleyes:)...
:angel:

Thorkil

I fully agree, had a long discussion yesterday with one of my photography friends who is now full in Panasonic (m43) and has high hopes for the upcoming S1R

But whenever I look at it and then at the Z7, the Z7 wins my soul. Folks I think I am too old to make pure rationale decisions and I might not get too wrong with what is here from Nikon and will come for the Z-mount in the future.
Yes, when my brain is way more mood-based than my sensible ego would have liked to admit, just small "mistakes" or non-connection are enough to leave a camera at home. So it happened to my Leica ME, we never got friends at first, only few pictures, I didn't gave it a chance, I should have...but fact is I didn't even touch it after the first few days (even though I had several happy years with the M6), and it didn't attract me..so no more expensive experiments, I just want something that attracts me mentally and physically, and for now in that perspective its the Z7 (I still have the wonderfull sound of the shutter in my ears, and the exquisite feed back from the buttons, way more exquisite than buttons in an Audi - but its just silly me - and the EVF was almost like not leaving the Df, bright relief, everything clear and close to you, feeling you could stretch your arm and touch everything, simple and delicious - and putting it away it was a clarified and light aftermath (if that's the right word). Such things are very important to me.

Knorp

If I had to live with only one lens ...

Orginal image (OoC JPEG)

| gfx 50s | gf 250/4.0 | classic chrome simulation |

100%crop (from RAF)

| gfx 50s | gf 250/4.0 | iso 200 | 1/280 s / f/4.5 |

k-hawinkler

If I had to live with only one lens ...

Orginal image (OoC JPEG)

| gfx 50s | gf 250/4.0 | classic chrome simulation |

100%crop (from RAF)

| gfx 50s | gf 250/4.0 | iso 200 | 1/280 s / f/4.5 |
Bart, congratulations on your new gear!
Not bad! Not bad at all! :thumbs: :clap:

Thorkil

hello there... I guess your intention, Bart, was to gather all more or less active Fuji-thread into one active thread...so I guess there could also be room for popping in with silly pictures too, so then...

Fuji X-E3 with 18/2 at iso200 1/180 f2 through C1pro11.2

thorkil

Thorkil

..Verona yesterday - one might be in need for a fancy hairdresser..

Fuji X-E3 with FX18/2 at iso1250 1/1000 f2 through C1pro11.2win

thorkil

Thorkil

..Verona yesterday..hello darkness..

Fuji X-E3 with XF18/2 at iso 3200 1/1000 f8 through C1pro11.2win

thorkil