The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mount Fuji Active … 📸

Knorp

hello there... I guess your intention, Bart, was to gather all more or less active Fuji-thread into one active thread...so I guess there could also be room for popping in with silly pictures too, so then...

Fuji X-E3 with 18/2 at iso200 1/180 f2 through C1pro11.2

thorkil
p

Hi there Thorkil,

Thanks for posting: it started to feel lonely here.
As for ‘silly pictures’: the more the merrier ... 👍

Kind regards.

Knorp

p

Hi there Thorkil,

Thanks for posting: it started to feel lonely here.
As for ‘silly pictures’: the more the merrier ... 👍

Kind regards.
Thorkil, speaking of 'silly pictures', here's one for you in return ... :rolleyes:

Brgds

Thorkil

..well, then one more from Verona yesterday - the art of making no-art..

X-E3 with 18/2 at iso3200 1/180 f11 (yes I know) through C1pro11.2win

thorkil

Knorp

Some more of the Grote Kerk or St Nicholas church of Monnickendam where nothing is straight ... :rolleyes:

| gfx-50s | kipon ef-gfx af | sigma art 20/1.4 |

Knorp

Hi Bart, how much if any, are you cropping the Sigma 20mm?
Hi there Alan,

good question and I have to admit I really don't know ... :eek:
That is to say, I've yet to compare the output of the native 4:3 format to the in-camera 35mm 3:2 format that I used for these 'Grote Kerk' shots.
However, a while back I've posted a native 4:3 image so you get an impression of how much there is going to be 'lost' in cropping: https://www.getdpi.com/forum/fuji/64767-mount-fuji-active-2.html#post769247

Best regards.

AlanS

Interesting..... Do you know what aperture was used in the 4:3 (I presume full frame?) shot?

PeterA

North South and Middle Heads - Sydney...
looks like I am going to have to work on improving Jpeg posting - the detail misssing compared to same thing on my screen is LOTS -:)

PeterA

Is that with a 50S? Gear details, please.

North Head GFXS 32-64 zoom

Vivek: It is a little 2 seater -:)

I've been testing GFX with zoom and 120 macro

decided on GFXS + 23MM + zoom + 110/2 (and 250 is on order) (got out of XID ...)
also XT3 and the 200/2 is on order - (a bunch of Ziess Milvus and Otus lenses gone)

I like the Fuji ecosystem and now the big medium term comparison begins - Fuji V Leica...I want to get rid of everything except a MF and a smaller system..haven't decided...but will give Fuji apc a serious workout with the right glass on it.

Knorp

Interesting..... Do you know what aperture was used in the 4:3 (I presume full frame?) shot?
That second image is the 'full size' scaled output from the RAF (RAW) file in native 4:3 format (if that makes sense): 100 ISO, 1/300 sec, f/8.0

AlanS

Makes perfect sense, it covers quite well doesn't it? It looks like it would just about cover 16:9 as well, perhaps stopped down a bit more, very interesting.
Thanks Bart.

k-hawinkler

Stop wondering, here you go (100 ISO, 0.4 sec, f/22, 64 mm): 8256x6192 78,4MB
Many thanks Bart.
WOW! That image is quite something.
IMHO one of your best images ever.
The IQ is simply amazing.
That gear seems to be made for your expert use! :thumbs: :clap: :salute:
It's an excellent fit for your style of photography.
As this particular image proves. :thumbup:

Knorp

Many thanks Bart.
WOW! That image is quite something.
IMHO one of your best images ever.
The IQ is simply amazing.
That gear seems to be made for your expert use! :thumbs: :clap: :salute:
It's an excellent fit for your style of photography.
As this particular image proves. :thumbup:
Thank you, K-H. You could be right.
This Fuji GFX system is not per se 'better' than my M43 or FF gear, but it surely has something special to it.
I think you too could be very happy with the GF 250/4 and 1.4x TC: detail even after rigorous cropping is amazing.
But of course it won't come even close to your A9 and future 400/2.8 ... ;)

All the best.