The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mount Fuji Active … 📸

k-hawinkler

Thank you, K-H. You could be right.
This Fuji GFX system is not per se 'better' than my M43 or FF gear, but it surely has something special to it.
I think you too could be very happy with the GF 250/4 and 1.4x TC: detail even after rigorous cropping is amazing.
But of course it won't come even close to your A9 and future 400/2.8 ... ;)

All the best.
Thanks Bart.
Well, I think your Fuji GFX and the Sony A9 system are quite complementary and excellent at different things. Both represent stunning achievements by the industry.
I am also looking forward to the FUJIFILM GFX 100. :grin:

I find both the GF 250/4 and the XF 200/2 most interesting. :thumbs:

Thanks again.

PeterA

Scheveningen pier ...

| gfx 50s | gf 23/4.0 |
It is a stunning lens Bart that 23mm - lovely shots. After years of mucking around with 'technical cameras' it is nice to have access to a 23mm on a simple body which has some weather protection built in and lightweight - I cant wait to get my hands on teh 100megapixel GFX next year and I can then have a 50 megapixel XPAN crop anytime I like...

Knorp

It is a stunning lens Bart that 23mm - lovely shots. After years of mucking around with 'technical cameras' it is nice to have access to a 23mm on a simple body which has some weather protection built in and lightweight - I cant wait to get my hands on teh 100megapixel GFX next year and I can then have a 50 megapixel XPAN crop anytime I like...
Thanks, Peter. That 100MP GFX is quite something for sure, but IMO rather bulky and at ±10K way out of my budget.

PeterA

Thanks, Peter. That 100MP GFX is quite something for sure, but IMO rather bulky and at ±10K way out of my budget.
Hi Bart, I agree 10K is a lot to spend on a body....

As far as size and weight goes it will be SLR form factor for sure - but no heavier than my gripped SL and its weighty lenses and a lot lighter than the bloated old school stuff from Hasselblad and Phase One I used to shoot with...
but

See the comments I made to Vivek - re rationalising my gear and simplifying ....below image is 20% of the cost of the GFX100 I will post shots made with GFXS of all the stuff I am selling which I dont need anymore ....the GFX I reckon traded in will give me 35-40% of trade value - so I am 65% the way there - wihtout even trying much ...which is why I am totally relaxed about the Fuji GFX lenses I am buying - they will work on 100megaapixels just as well...( and incidentally why I never bought anymore lenses for my XID (which is gone ) - loved the form factor - dont believe in the company anymore as far as price /value equation goes. btw - I am very serious about the XPAN crop as my main motivator - I dont need 100 megapixels - but I can use 50 megapixel true XPAN crop - the GFXS right now gives me a nice 25 megapixel file - my SL and M cameras give me tiny 7-8 megapixel crops in XPAN mode...

Bye bye outstandiong mint Milvus 15/2.8 - more to go...

GFXS and Zeiss Milvus 100/2 Nikon mount via adaptor in across straight out of camera

PeterA

When I decide to 'quit' systems to change technology - I move gear....this lot went 3 years ago to buy into Leica SL - I've stopped investing in Leica SL - waiting to see what the L mount allinace delvier in terms of more lens choice - as teh idea of paying 7-8K for a single Leica SL prime ens isnt a good plan for me...that was a film and CV 16 'fat pixel' back above - got maybe 35 cents in the dollar back for this stuff and was happy to get out of it...great gear beautiful lenses many happy memories made with them all - but outdated and too heavy ...too much hard work...

Knorp

Scheveningen beach ... art expression

| gfx 50s | gf 23/4.0 | classic chrome simulation |

iiiNelson

seafog just as it crossses onto shore GFX 32-64
Great shot.

The Xpan mode (and all the in camera crop options) are some of the things that got me seriously interested in the GFX initially. I find that the Xpan mode works great for environmental portraits and you don’t have to fight with the distortion present in some wider lenses. For now I have custom crops setup in Capture One but I’d really like to have those same crop options in my Sony to frame appropriately straight in camera. I also never found the GFX to be ridiculously heavy. It’s about 5D sized and the lenses are a good size too. I haven’t tried the 250/4 but I have tried the first 6 lenses at one point or another.

Thorkil

wheee! ...

| gfx 50s | gf 23/4.0 |
Bart, that wonderfull 23mm plus solely the 50R (and no more..no more..), has been my dreamvision for a digital replacement for my Hassy SWC standing untouched there on the shelf...
but a rather expensive dream while I have to have the Z7....(or......:confused:...(I wish there wasn't all that gear available..:shocked:))

iiiNelson

Bart, that wonderfull 23mm plus solely the 50R (and no more..no more..), has been my dreamvision for a digital replacement for my Hassy SWC standing untouched there on the shelf...
but a rather expensive dream while I have to have the Z7....(or......:confused:...(I wish there wasn't all that gear available..:shocked:))
Maybe it’s just me but about the only things the GFX line and the Z7 have in common is the resolution.

The Z7 would likely be “better” in more varied situations with more unpredictable conditions comparatively (especially if one has an extensive Nikon F collection). I think the obvious areas where the GFX would potentially outshine the Z7 is in landscape and portraits with having a larger sensor to give more natural tonality/the lenses across the board to match the sensor. Nikon simply doesn’t have the lens range yet but is set to within the next 2 years or so. I don’t really see them as an either/or decision but rather a GFX and a (insert camera of choice here) decision. For more consistent color a Fuji X makes a lot of sense (I explored this option for myself) but pretty much anything would work in reality. For a lot of reasons if you can only have or only want a single system FF 35mm makes a lot of sense (and paired with a Micro 4/3 for happy snaps/travel makes sense). For pros or people with specific needs a Fuji X and Fuji G makes a ton of sense.

PeterA

Great shot.

The Xpan mode (and all the in camera crop options) are some of the things that got me seriously interested in the GFX initially. I find that the Xpan mode works great for environmental portraits and you don’t have to fight with the distortion present in some wider lenses. For now I have custom crops setup in Capture One but I’d really like to have those same crop options in my Sony to frame appropriately straight in camera. I also never found the GFX to be ridiculously heavy. It’s about 5D sized and the lenses are a good size too. I haven’t tried the 250/4 but I have tried the first 6 lenses at one point or another.
Yes teh GFX is light enough to make fun snaps in walk around mode - the R will probably be even better - I may end up switching later.

I love the XPan11 system - actually bought a complete system from a poster on here years ago - but film isn't me anymore. Of course we all know Fuji actually made the XPan and its lenses dont we? -:) There is an advantage in shooting in XPan crop mode so you can frame in camera - although yes oen can always do a crop post processing - but I like to see and frame what I shoot as I shoot. That said 50 megapixels is reduced to around 25 megapixels in this mode - hence I await the next iteration from Fuji the GFX100 next year = 50 megapixels in XPan mode + IBIS and a lot of other stuff. This camera I beleive will be game set and match in MF world.

Colour is pretty good straight out of camera in raw as well - I find my taste prefers a touch of desaturation...here is another shot made in colour capturing teh see fog as it rolled in...

My lenses on order should arrive this week - looking forward to the 23/110 and 43 to add to my zoom and I also recieve an XT3 and a few lenses to complete my Fuji tool kit the 250 zoom and 1.4X covnertor will pronbably be a Christmas present to myself.

it is a gret time to enjoy making photos- such an abundance of camera/lens chopcies for all needs and tastes.

iiiNelson

Yes teh GFX is light enough to make fun snaps in walk around mode - the R will probably be even better - I may end up switching later.

I love the XPan11 system - actually bought a complete system from a poster on here years ago - but film isn't me anymore. Of course we all know Fuji actually made the XPan and its lenses dont we? -:) There is an advantage in shooting in XPan crop mode so you can frame in camera - although yes oen can always do a crop post processing - but I like to see and frame what I shoot as I shoot. That said 50 megapixels is reduced to around 25 megapixels in this mode - hence I await the next iteration from Fuji the GFX100 next year = 50 megapixels in XPan mode + IBIS and a lot of other stuff. This camera I beleive will be game set and match in MF world.

Colour is pretty good straight out of camera in raw as well - I find my taste prefers a touch of desaturation...here is another shot made in colour capturing teh see fog as it rolled in...

My lenses on order should arrive this week - looking forward to the 23/110 and 43 to add to my zoom and I also recieve an XT3 and a few lenses to complete my Fuji tool kit the 250 zoom and 1.4X covnertor will pronbably be a Christmas present to myself.

it is a gret time to enjoy making photos- such an abundance of camera/lens chopcies for all needs and tastes.
Yes I’m aware Fuji designed the Xpan (TX) system though technically Nittoh made the lenses. I think 25 megapixels in nice for MOST shots but I agree 50 is better for details.

I agree on preference for a more desaturated color over standard which is why amongst the Fuji profiles I prefer the Classic chrome look. One of the good things is that you can do film simulation bracketing and have the camera automatically output up to 3 versions of the same image - to which I’d choose Classic Chrime, Acros, and probably Eterna/Provia/Pro H Neg. I do like the 23, 32-64, 110, and 250 as a great all around kit. If the XH2 solves the reliability issues I’ll have another look at Fuji with the 16-55, 50-140, and maybe the 200/2 eventually if I were to switch to Fuji.

Knorp

Impressive detail here.
Even with the 1.4x TC on, detail is impeccable.

100% crop

| gfx 50s | gf 250/4.0 | 1.4x tc | iso 160 | 1/250 s | f/5.6 |

But at a combined 3065 grams you hardly can't call it a light-weight kit: luckily there's OIS ...

k-hawinkler

Even with the 1.4x TC on, detail is impeccable.

100% crop

| gfx 50s | gf 250/4.0 | 1.4x tc | iso 160 | 1/250 s | f/5.6 |

But at a combined 3065 grams you hardly can't call it a light-weight kit: luckily there's OIS ...

Impressive indeed!
Almost as heavy as A9 and FE 400/2.8.