The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mount Fuji Active … 📸

scho

Ship image doesn't show this morning! :facesmack: :loco:
I have been having problems seeing the images that both you and Bart have been posting in this thread. They load very slowly and often stop loading part way through so that I end up with a quarter or half of the image.

k-hawinkler

I have been having problems seeing the images that both you and Bart have been posting in this thread. They load very slowly and often stop loading part way through so that I end up with a quarter or half of the image.

Many thanks Carl. That’s good to know.
My images are stored on smugmug and loaded from there.
Maybe my images are just too large megabyte-wise.
So next I will post 1/16 full size, so far I did ¼ full size.
If ghat doesn’t work, I should just give up posting. :thumbdown:

k-hawinkler

Wow! Right after posting that it showed up!

Spoo ky..
Thanks Vivek.
I have the same experience with some of Bart’s images.

The 50S produces these really phenomenally detailed images.
Once one loses that, the reduced images don’t grab me anymore.
I see really no point in posting those. :banghead:

PS: Maybe I should post ⅛ linear resolution, i.e. 1/64 pixel-wise with a link to a full-size jpg? :grin:

Last edited:

Knorp

An interesting phenomena and I wouldn't be surprised if it has something to do with the size of the images, although in my opinion they are not that extremely large (max 2.8MB).
Anyway, I'll post another image here, once at 100% and once at 50% JPEG quality.

1800x1350 - 100% - 2.8 MB

1800x1350 - 50% - 525 KB

| gfx 50s | gf 23-64 |

Mmm, can you actually notice any significant difference between the two ?

pegelli

I can see both without any problem and have not had problems seeing Bart's images in the past.

Might it be a restriction by the IP provider (of the person who can't see the large files) or a Browser setting?

Knorp

I can see both without any problem and have not had problems seeing Bart's images in the past.

Might it be a restriction by the IP provider (of the person who can't see the large files) or a Browser setting?
Thanks, Pieter. I don't know about restrictions by ISP or Browser. If true you would expect for some images to never load, but weirdly enough it appears to occur randomly.
Besides didn't I post a while back a link to a 78Mb file that K-H could load and see ?
Come to think of it K-H is living in the "Land of Enchantment" ... :shocked:

PeterA

tbh - I am not aware of a site recommended file size limit so if some people are posting lage files ( whatever that definition is) I am nto surprised that at times some can't see an image.

I wasn't trying to make a point really - my internet size posting was based on old Photonet rules and recently that Leica Forum place LUF and I have been using FLickr as my image dump and link from place for years - I've noticed that KH and some other peole use Smugmug...
I am too lazy to build my own website - thinking ( every year ) I should do it..in the new year..:ROTFL:

I have noticed that a lot of my shots posted at 'small sizes' look pretty awful in terms of lack of detail and punch compared to Bart's and KH...

I will revisit size issue.